Sorry MDA fans. A new coach is imperative

Just watching this Heat vs Bulls game it dawned on me MDA cant coach with Thibs, and MDA wont use the type of players necessary to beat the Heat (in the playoffs) even if Walsh got them. We'll never make it out of the east with MDA as our head coach. The only solution is to hire a new coach. Someone that values bigs and defense.

Did you see the adjustments Thibs made to the pick & roll? Bosh was killing the Bulls with it in the first half. Heat ran it a couple of more times in the third. Thibs called a timeout and from that point on that play was useless.

We need a new coach...

petescud

Starter
Couldn't agree more...Defense, athletic bigs and good role players win these series...everyone else goes home...the heat will be the next ones to go home. They aren't deep as the Bulls either

Just watching this Heat vs Bulls game it dawned on me MDA cant coach with Thibs, and MDA wont use the type of players necessary to beat the Heat (in the playoffs) even if Walsh got them. We'll never make it out of the east with MDA as our head coach. The only solution is to hire a new coach. Someone that values bigs and defense.

Did you see the adjustments Thibs made to the pick & roll? Bosh was killing the Bulls with it in the first half. Heat ran it a couple of more times in the third. Thibs called a timeout and from that point on that play was useless.

We need a new coach...

Wargames

Starter
the Bulls just beat the Heat and we're still talking about beating the heat like they're the Champs. We got to be teams like the Bulls too. We need depth and Defense.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
what's the point of this thread? We all know Dantoni sucks. He has no fans here. And he's going to be with us 1 more year and then he's gone. Why even waste the effort talking about it?

petescud

Starter
In case you have't noticed, there are a couple of Damphony fans here...not many though...really hope he's gone before the end of next year, so we have hope for the playoffs, if we make it

what's the point of this thread? We all know Dantoni sucks. He has no fans here. And he's going to be with us 1 more year and then he's gone. Why even waste the effort talking about it?

Well the series isnt over, and if the Bulls win you gotta think the Heat will be hell bent on improving their weaknesses this off season. Other than that your thoughts do align with mine. We need bigs and plenty of them, but we also need a coach thats going to use them the right way (NOT NOT USE THEM) and someone that is defensive minded.

If the Heat lose this series all their off season moves will be geared towards beating the Bulls. Ours should be geared towards beating both teams. Which means a new coach is imperative.

The point is not to waste another year trying to do it the hard way, MDA's way. We need to come to the realization that in order to win a chip there are necessary improvements this Knicks team needs...

Blumatic

Rotation player
I would love Pop. But it seems all the big coaches will stay where they are when MDAs time is up. We should get an asst. coach from a certain coaching tree.

The top tree in the NBA is the Pat Riely tree. Stan Van Gundy, Thibs, Doc (played for Riely), Spolstra. All have the best teams in the east and they all play suffocating defense. All but Doc, were assistants early in their career. Now I dont know who is ready to get the job done but I think its more important that the coach has good principles than a big name.

Couldn't agree more...Defense, athletic bigs and good role players win these series...everyone else goes home...the heat will be the next ones to go home. They aren't deep as the Bulls either

I hope so. I hate both teams, but I'd really hate for the Heat to win anything.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
In case you have't noticed, there are a couple of Damphony fans here...not many though...really hope he's gone before the end of next year, so we have hope for the playoffs, if we make it

Who gives a **** about the few Dantoni fans. Anyone who is a Dantoni fan right now is like a conspiracy theorist. "BUSH IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND 9/11!!!!! OSAMA BIN LADEN'S DEATH WAS FAKE!!!!"

To these kinds of people....... You basically just have to say **** you and not even respond. They're so hell bent on their mindset that they refuse to see the light.

Whatever, We'll be stuck with Dantoni's dumb ass for 1 more year because Dolan and Walsh don't have a pair. I wasn't planning on winning next year anyways.

Phil Jackson, Pop, JVG, Marc Jackson, Rick Adelman in 2012. That's my list. I'd put Rick higher up, but he's basically just another version of Dan ****ing toni.

Who gives a **** about the few Dantoni fans. Anyone who is a Dantoni fan right now is like a conspiracy theorist. "BUSH IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND 9/11!!!!! OSAMA BIN LADEN'S DEATH WAS FAKE!!!!"

To these kinds of people....... You basically just have to say **** you and not even respond. They're so hell bent on their mindset that they refuse to see the light.

Whatever, We'll be stuck with Dantoni's dumb ass for 1 more year because Dolan and Walsh don't have a pair. I wasn't planning on winning next year anyways.

Phil Jackson, Pop, JVG, Marc Jackson, Rick Adelman in 2012. That's my list. I'd put Rick higher up, but he's basically just another version of Dan ****ing toni.

A bit emotional dont you think? But, I do hope Walsh and Dolan see the light and realize wasting another year with MDA isnt good for the Knicks...

I sure hope Dolan is paying attention to the playoffs, we are going to get murdered next season if we don't make some serious changes in coaching philosophy. Get a defensive coach, We really don't need a coach to teach Stat and Melo how to score.

Kiyaman

Legend

We need a new coach...

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

I been screaming for a NEW HEADCOACH 2 seasons ago......
Tom Thibs strategy in the first game against the Heat has topped
celebrity coach Damnphony career of using Steve Nash SSOL.

The Heat got relax to quick after Bosh 11 points in the first quarter.
The 2nd half of the game Noah, Boozer, Gibson, and Deng put a
dead-lock on the glass & paint for a Bulls WIN.
Damnphony is foriegn to Thibs type of strategy.....and Spol's will use
an advance SSOL to get a 20 point blowout vs Damnphony silly coaching.

To this day.....I still dont understand the reason the Knicks would
hire a BUM coach like Damnphony. That's like hiring Lawrence Frank
:barf::barf::barf:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mike Antoni sucks.

Ducktales, I wish you were right, but there are unfortunately a lot of Mike Antoni fans out there(KBlack25, Tr1ll1on, JPZ17, Pat) just to name a few.