Well... Its becoming painfully obvious..

The Miami Heat will win it all.. Sucks that they are gonna do it their first year together.. We need a Center/CP3 and some defensive strategy ASAP!

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Just like Celtics in 2008. The only difference is that James, Bosh and Wade are much younger...multiple championships are coming to Miami.

Blumatic

Rotation player
This is tough for me. If the win. They will be the 90s Bulls this decade. Unless there is a game changer.

The Knicks are the only team in the east that holds that game changing card. We got the stars. We need the coach. We need a a good pg and real center.

Greg Popovich would be the exact coach that we need. No nonsense. Can coach any style. A coach that would hold more weight in the league than our players. And a guy that looks like he can coach 10 or more years.

We are only a few moves away. We gotta get it done.

This is tough for me. If the win. They will be the 90s Bulls this decade. Unless there is a game changer.

The Knicks are the only team in the east that holds that game changing card. We got the stars. We need the coach. We need a a good pg and real center.

Greg Popovich would be the exact coach that we need. No nonsense. Can coach any style. A coach that would hold more weight in the league than our players. And a guy that looks like he can coach 10 or more years.

We are only a few moves away. We gotta get it done.[/quote

gentlemen its 2-1 in a 7 game series, with two viable opponents in the west with the Mavs and Thunder.

personally I think both the mavericks and the thunder are alot better than the Chicago bulls

point : Imagine Russel Westbrook on the Bulls instead of Derrick Rose, The guy already drops 21-7 next to durant, he would probably put up the same numbers as rose in chicago, Now durant is as good as any one playing in the ECF, and their big men are all defensive minded; on the other hand the Mavericks, are light years better than the bulls at this juncture, based on experience, a much better leader and big game player in Dirk, and a better mismatch in Dirk, as well as chandler is a better defensive big man than any one on the bulls or thunder or heat. Jason kidd, terry, peja, Dirk, Carlisle would all be focused on making up for lost opportunities in the past and thats a Recipe for success.

bottom line is , I dont consider the Heat a sure thing to even get out of the east yet, if they win the next game then we can say they are going to the finals; im not being a hater, im being a realist, they havent won anything yet.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
gentlemen its 2-1 in a 7 game series, with two viable opponents in the west with the Mavs and Thunder.

personally I think both the mavericks and the thunder are alot better than the Chicago bulls

point : Imagine Russel Westbrook on the Bulls instead of Derrick Rose, The guy already drops 21-7 next to durant, he would probably put up the same numbers as rose in chicago, Now durant is as good as any one playing in the ECF, and their big men are all defensive minded; on the other hand the Mavericks, are light years better than the bulls at this juncture, based on experience, a much better leader and big game player in Dirk, and a better mismatch in Dirk, as well as chandler is a better defensive big man than any one on the bulls or thunder or heat. Jason kidd, terry, peja, Dirk, Carlisle would all be focused on making up for lost opportunities in the past and thats a Recipe for success.

bottom line is , I dont consider the Heat a sure thing to even get out of the east yet, if they win the next game then we can say they are going to the finals; im not being a hater, im being a realist, they havent won anything yet.

thank you lol. I'm glad someone here has reason. Would you have all said this after the Heat lost their 1st game to Chicago? Absolutely not. Personally, Dallas looks unstoppable to me. Does that mean I'm going to crown them champions? No.

I'm picking Dallas vs. Miami in the finals. I actually do have Miami winning it all in 6 games. However, I wouldn't be shocked at all if any of the other 3 teams win it. They're all deserving.

The thing about Dallas that make me think they dont stand a chance vs Miami are:

1. They sometimes are overly reliant on the 3. Miami's defense os so quick they'll get out and contest the majority of those and

2. Mavs just don't have the foot speed to keep up with Miami.

Ofcourse I'm hoping the Mavs prove me wrong and beat Miami in the finals (Thunder aren't gonna come back and win the series. Neither is Chicago). But rightnow I don't see anyone stopping the Heat

petescud

Starter
Teams like the Heat will always have a chance pending injuries...Look what happened to us. I really think our series with the Celtics goes 7 games with a Healthy Billups and STAT ...

Imagine the Heat lose LBJ for the playoffs...now what...or Wade

shit happens

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Imagine if Melo had waited to sign with us this summer. Felton, Melo, Amare, Mozgov starting with Gallo, Douglas, Fields off the bench. Plus we could have traded Randolph before the deadline for OJ Mayo. We had the opportunity. We would be contenders next year and be battling the Heat every year for the championship. Sadly, we are going to have to sacrifice another year of Amare's prime/health while we wait until 2012.

I sure hope the MLE exists with the new CBA.

TakMan

Rotation player
Let's not write off the Mavs just yet. Jason Kidd holds more class and intelligence in one finger than the heat do in their entire team. Mav's smart defence to win it for them.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Heat has struggled closing out games in the regular season and the Playoffs. Last night they closed out, but they haven't proven they're much better than any of the remaining teams.

I hope Dallas wins it all.

The Heat has struggled closing out games in the regular season and the Playoffs. Last night they closed out, but they haven't proven they're much better than any of the remaining teams.

I hope Dallas wins it all.
They've actually proven they can close out effectively in the playoffs IMO going back to the Boston series. Ever since that series they seem to have a new found confidence late in games. This is a different Miami team right now than the one we saw in the regular season.

Last edited:

iJoe

Rotation player
Boozer is getting absolutely raped by Bosh in this series..... he's just too damn slow, short and injury prone. Booz is only good against inferior opponents. He always fades away against a decent player.

The exact numbers are out there, but Bosh is scoring an insane number of points whenever Boozer is on the floor as opposed to not.

If Dallas had a healthy Butler, they'd be my hands down favorite to win it all. Can't say that this year's playoffs are predictable.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
I'm rooting for Dallas because I want vets like Dirk, Kidd, and Terry to get a ring. Wouldn't mind the Thunder winning either, Durant just seems like such a good guy.

KingCharles34

All Star
lol @ westbrook being as good as rose :lol:

lol @ the mavs and mark cuban gettin sonned in the finals again by the heat :lol:

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
i agree.. i dont think the mavs are gonna relive the past. just watch dirks fourth quarter performance last night, the dude is money from anywhere on the floor when he truly needs to be. heat will take care of the bulls and this was the bulls year while all the other teams were figuring it out they come out and steal one but the heats got their number. Mavs close out wednesday and heat thursday. but mavs will not lose at home in the championship.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I say IF Miami wins. I always thought Chicago was a fraud team (as good as they are). The Thunder are good, but Dallas is taking care of them.

If Miami wins, it will do wonders for that team. You know the NBA wants Lebron to get 7 rings.