Stoudemire in talks to produce movie

As if Knicks star Amar'e Stoudemire didn't have enough projects in the works, he is now getting into the movie business as a producer of a Hollywood horror flick, the New York Post reported Thursday.

Check out the lovely ladies of the NBA's all-WAGs team here.

The power forward, who is also a fashion designer and actor, is now in discussions with Relativity Media mogul Ryan Kavanaugh to executive produce "The Strangers 2," a sequel to the creepy 2008 chiller "The Strangers."
The original flick starred Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman as a couple staying in an isolated summer house who are terrorized by masked assailants. It was produced by Relativity's Rogue division with a mere $9 million budget and grossed more than $80 million worldwide.
Relativity Media finances and distributes films, including "Bridesmaids," "Limitless," "The Fighter" and "The Social Network."
The 6-foot-10 NBA star was linked to Kavanaugh through Stoudemire's agent, Happy Walters, who is president of Relativity's music division and of its sports-management firm, Rogue Sports.
Stoudemire is keeping busy in the offseason. He is heading to Los Angeles this week to film a cameo in "Entourage," and recently filmed a cameo in the Garry Marshall-directed comedy "New Year's Eve." He also is preparing to launch a women's clothing line with Rachel Roy in September.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...tedly-in-talks-to-produce-horror-movie-052511

The hell is wrong with this dude?

Too much freetime? Go to the gym and work on you non existing defense man!

You're not Jordan, Kobe or Magic - got it?

Get a ring first, then do the celebrity stuff.

I didn't see Wade shoot movies or record a rap album...all I ever saw him was winning a ring ( soon to be 2) and developing into the premier player in his position. That $100 mio. dollar contract was the kind of retirement provision STAT needed, now basketball is his hobby and the celeb life comes first it seems...a shame he's not even the second and maybe not even third best player in his own position.

He's had a good first season in NY yes, are we going places with him? I dunno....Phoenix didn't.

The hell is wrong with this dude?

Too much freetime? Go to the gym and work on you non existing defense man!

You're not Jordan, Kobe or Magic - got it?

Get a ring first, then do the celebrity stuff.

I didn't see Wade shoot movies or record a rap album...all I ever saw him was winning a ring ( soon to be 2) and developing into the premier player in his position. That $100 mio. dollar contract was the kind of retirement provision STAT needed, now basketball is his hobby and the celeb life comes first it seems...a shame he's not even the second and maybe not even third best player in his own position.

He's had a good first season in NY yes, are we going places with him? I dunno....Phoenix didn't.
I know, I remember even after we had just signed him he was in ****ing Disneyworld.

Hard really to work on defense.. its a mindset you gotta have, but yeah I would like him to find time to get in the gym and expand on his talents rather tthan ****ing around all off season.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Not surprising here. Amare is Amare. He was like that in Phoenix he is like that in New York. Great basketball talent with no heart and passion for the game whatsoever.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Producing movies does not mean he isn't in the gym... producers show up for a couple hrs every once in a while... Get updated on where money is going then leave.

Amar'e going to the gym wont make headlines but this will. Doesn't mean he isn't working on his game.

Let's not be so quick to attack our own players.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Our stars (Amare + Melo) used New York for their own financial gain FIRST and foremost, winning was secondary.

Our stars (Amare + Melo) used New York for their own financial gain FIRST and foremost, winning was secondary.

That's not too far from the truth imo. Though Melo showed great commitment and passion towards the end of the regular season and for the 2 playoff games in Boston. He couldn't have done more imo.

But that's always the risk of free agency, people get fat paycheques and might cool off towards basketball. The main reason why I prefer rebuilding via the Draft. Young and hungry players with a point to proof.

It is what it is, but I for once would have loved to see all our top lottery picks playing for us instead of trading them away (courtesey of Isiah).

We had the 2nd pick in 2006, the 9th pick in 2007 and the 9th pick again in 2010.

Whatever.

ducktales17

Benchwarmer
Stat, never going to win shit in his life. Refuses to put in the work. Grab your fame bitch. You'll never win a title.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Producing movies does not mean he isn't in the gym... producers show up for a couple hrs every once in a while... Get updated on where money is going then leave.

Amar'e going to the gym wont make headlines but this will. Doesn't mean he isn't working on his game.

Let's not be so quick to attack our own players.

This is all very true.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Not entirely true. Amare was a free agent and could have signed anywhere but chose NY because he wanted to be the guy to make this city relevant again. NYK actually threw the money at him. Melo obviously had his own personal gain in mind but at the same time I really think he wants to be here and win.