[article] Marbury Upstaged by One Bad Act

e_D

Benchwarmer
"Marbury might as well have been back on Coney Island, he was so comfortable. We're watching a fundamental transformation taking place in this kid." ... "He's learned how to better involve his teammates, how he can catch and shoot instead of dribbling unnecessarily before taking a shot."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5834992/

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
so great

This spanish coach is completely insane !! :wallbash:
Starbury had had a tremendous game ! It was so great to see it !
In France it was the first game to be broadcast in live, all other games was broadcasting in the middle of the night at 2 or 4 am, it was so good that Marbury choose this game to show his skills, and what he really is capable to do. :smash:

Hope he will continue to go this way.
It will be a hard game against argentina.

Thanks for that great moment stephon.
Go USA.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Good to see, and I hope it doesn't stop. If Marbury is playing like Marbury, it will make the rest of the team better. Go Team USA...

JJtheKnick

Starter
Re: so great

Starks_boy said:
This spanish coach is completely insane !! :wallbash:
Starbury had had a tremendous game ! It was so great to see it !
In France it was the first game to be broadcast in live, all other games was broadcasting in the middle of the night at 2 or 4 am, it was so good that Marbury choose this game to show his skills, and what he really is capable to do. :smash:

Hope he will continue to go this way.
It will be a hard game against argentina.

Thanks for that great moment stephon.
Go USA.

who care about that guy hes a sore loser cant even shake browns hand. i dont care what he does but still...... :machinegun:

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
the usa team just lost the game against argentina, cant see the game, how did they play ? how starbury has played????

i just want to cry now..........

WiL8000

Rotation player
Starks_boy said:
the usa team just lost the game against argentina, cant see the game, how did they play ? how starbury has played????

i just want to cry now..........

I feel your pain my friend. This loss hurts. The team played alright I guess, but they couldn't stop the offense of Argentina, fouls hurt them bigtime in this one.

WiL8000

Rotation player
It's too bad the chance for gold is gone now. Marbury has played much better in the last two games. He got more comfortable with the zone defenses that many teams in the Olympics are using. Argentina was able to mix up their defensive plays to keep them ahead. Marbury was playing for gold. Losing Duncan did team USA in.

newmove

Rotation player
Agree, Stephon proved his haters were wrong as whenever else. He's got as a big heart as Allen Iverson has.

----

I've just heard from the news. We're facing Lithuania in a matchup for bronze. Who would've known? Anyways it's going to be tough as hell...

helll yeaa Tim fouled more the Kurt Thomas did. He pissed me off he would come on and sit damn marbury missed couble of threes but had nice 3 point play drives, hes unstopable when he drives i love it!!!! but we gota get Lithuania 2 get out bronze and pay back!!!

newmove

Rotation player
Nothing else rest. If we lose we are going to face jokes and laughters for the next 4 years. I hope they (players) will make us feel pround of 'em not embarrassed.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm just as dissapointed as anyone in here just keep it clean in this forum aight....
Get the bronze, no other choice.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
WiL8000 said:
Marbury has played much better in the last two games.

not so sure about this. sure, he scored 18 pts, but in the first half he ... well, he sucked. what dissapointed me more about him were those 2 fouls, one under the hoop, and the other one was in the last minutes when he slapped that dude's face and the refs weren't looking.
i think he could have been more diplomatic there

newmove

Rotation player
rady said:
what dissapointed me more about him were those 2 fouls, one under the hoop, and the other one was in the last minutes when he slapped that dude's face and the refs weren't looking.
Maybe but you saw those refs calling no fouls on us. And when they call a foul when we get a single touch. That's simply not fair, that's absolutely wrong. Regarding it's the Olympics the refs can not make ANY mistakes in their judging. ANY. Plain and simple. And what I saw and read was totally opposite to what they should judge like. So slapping some guy's face ain't the worst thing I guess.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
newmove said:
So slapping some guy's face ain't the worst thing I guess.

No, you're right, it wasn't the worse thing but it was classless, and the public saw it. It wasn't that guy's fault because of the refs' bad calls. Anyway, am i the only one who thinks that Argentina was better in the semifinal and deserved to win?

newmove

Rotation player
rady said:
it wasn't the worse thing but it was classless, and the public saw it.
Well I have to agree with that...
rady said:
am i the only one who thinks that Argentina was better in the semifinal and deserved to win?
I agree, they were better but it were also the refs who helped them to win... Let's say US wouldn't have lost if the refs did their job properly, though Argentina put a very great and tough game and definitely deserved for a gold.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
rady said:
what dissapointed me more about him were those 2 fouls, one under the hoop, and the other one was in the last minutes when he slapped that dude's face and the refs weren't looking.
Maybe but you saw those refs calling no fouls on us. And when they call a foul when we get a single touch. That's simply not fair, that's absolutely wrong. Regarding it's the Olympics the refs can not make ANY mistakes in their judging. ANY. Plain and simple. And what I saw and read was totally opposite to what they should judge like. So slapping some guy's face ain't the worst thing I guess.

ok, marbury slapped the guy's face, but with the replay it doesn't seem too hard for me. Yes he could have dodged the guy's face but it wasn't really too hard.

Finally, there is a very big difference between the FIBA and NBA rules, there are a lot of FIBA's rules that can be upgraded i think, but refs had just done there job i think, but i agree that there isnt a foul when there is a simple touch...
++
(sorry for my bad english level tonight guys)