Marcus Camby

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
What would Portland want for him? Hopefully nothing much, he'd be perfect for STAT

Concerns about Camby: Age and durability.

Although with his length, he is still one of the best defensive bigs in the league. This guy was the defensive player of the year when he was rollin with the nuggets.
Not to mention, He was a former knick.

Get that man back to the knicks and watch him improve our D ala Tyson Chandler for the Mavs

Concerns about Camby: Age and durability.

Although with his length, he is still one of the best defensive bigs in the league. This guy was the defensive player of the year when he was rollin with the nuggets.
Not to mention, He was a former knick.

Get that man back to the knicks and watch him improve our D ala Tyson Chandler for the Mavs

+1 :agreed:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He would put us into contention. His age isn't a factor. I don't think he's gotten injured that much recently. Did he sit out much during his career even?

Would he better for us than Dalembert, at least as a player?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
He would put us into contention. His age isn't a factor. I don't think he's gotten injured that much recently. Did he sit out much during his career even?

Would he better for us than Dalembert, at least as a player?

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Camby missed chunks of last season with injuries. He also threatened to retire last year if traded at the deadline because he was tired of moving his family around.

I think it's 50/50 if he'd be open to getting traded at this point, and even if he does...we'd have to convince the Blazers to give him up for pretty much nothing.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Camby missed chunks of last season with injuries. He also threatened to retire last year if traded at the deadline because he was tired of moving his family around.

I think it's 50/50 if he'd be open to getting traded at this point, and even if he does...we'd have to convince the Blazers to give him up for pretty much nothing.
I thought he was injured, but I don't recall him being injured that much over the course of his career.

Anyway, I agree with "pretty much nothing". It's not like Oden is expected to be back soon.

They'd be idiots to trade him. He's in his last year and they need as many centers as they can with Oden always getting hurt. Damn.... Imagine if Roy and Oden weren't injury prone, they'd be the team to beat.

petescud

Starter
Camby lives in Ct, so he'd welcome back a NY trade with open arms...I always liked the guy...especially when we were in the playoffs when he was with us

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
4 months ago...

There’s been some trade buzz around Marcus Camby, but the Portland Trail Blazers center has told people close to him that he may retire if he’s moved before the Feb. 24 deadline, The Oregonian reports.

“Marcus has made plenty of money in his career, and at this stage would not be keen to move to a rebuilding situation,’’ a source told the newspaper. “If he is traded, he would likely contemplate retirement.’’

“He really wants to stay in Portland, it’s his No. 1 choice,” Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, added. “It was incredibly important to him when he signed his extension and moved his family that he stay in Portland. I think by now he understands it’s a business, but that’s where he wants to be.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/fee...ire-if-hes-traded-from-portland#ixzz1QWL8xl60

Although it says rebuilding situation i still believe he stands by portland or retirement. Family comes before rings.

KingCharles34

All Star
Not that i think it will happen for several reason, most of the already covered, i'd still love to have camby back. Hes still a very good defensive player and rebounder, amazing how even with all the injuries hes always made an impact on the court

knicksin60

Starter
I heard the Spurs were shopping Antonio McDyess.

Here is my proposed trade:The Knicks send Turiaf to the Blazers, the Blazers send Marcus Camby to the Spurs and the Spurs send McDyess to the Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
What would Portland want for him? Hopefully nothing much, he'd be perfect for STAT
Camby said last year that if he is ever traded that he is retiring.....with this new team he might reconsider but if he loves Portland that much I dont see him going through another change in his career.

Plus he is too old