This is just a bad dream

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
The Knicks will re-sign forward Jared Jeffries to a one-year deal, according to multiple reports, and the team is currently working out former Nets and Rockets forward Bostjan Nachbar.

The Nets are reportedly interested in bringing back Nachbar, who has played overseas the past few seasons, but the Knicks might have a better chance of enticing the sharp shooter. If the Knicks do sign Nachbar, the chances of Shawne Williams returning become slim.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
i feel like.....
a695b7fc20d9ef9d1c455bc7058616987c3fea9a_full.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
I don't know what the hell they're doing. They're trying to get JJ before Shawne Williams? :(

I doubt it's a case of trying to get JJ before Shawne. JJ is an easy sign he's obviously got some attachment to the Knicks... Ended up back here after we traded him away and we are signing him again.

Shawne Williams will be waiting until the CBA is done and teams can start talking to free agents to listen to what other offers are out there. If we can offer him a good enough deal I'm sure he will come back.

LeFlume

All Star
With Melo and Stat logging 40+ minutes a game. Hopefully we won't see him as much. Giraffe Jeffries. :boohoo:

With Melo and Stat logging 40+ minutes a game. Hopefully we won't see him as much. Giraffe Jeffries. :boohoo:
Don't forget about Harelson and Jordan too.

Jared Jeffries has informed the Knicks that he intends to re-sign with the club on Friday, the first day of free agency as well as the start of training camp.
Jeffries originally signed a mid-level contract with the Knicks five years ago when Isiah Thomas was running the club. Jeffries was eventually traded to Houston in the Tracy McGrady deal and returned to the Knicks after being released by the Rockets last February.
Jeffries played well under Mike D'Antoni and is a versatile forward who can defend numerous positions. He is limited offensively and that cost the Knicks in Game 2 of their playoff series against Boston when he blew a chance to give the Knicks the lead in the final seconds when he committed a turnover.
Jeffries is expected to sign a one-year contract for the veteran minimum.
Tbh I kind of agree with what RunningJumper said, I though JJ was playing alright until that last shot. It's not Jeffries fault that Isiah signed him with the full MLE and you would probably play like a bum too if you had Isiah as your coach and a bunch of bums on your team. I agree that Jeffries is definitely not worth the MLE but he's only signing a one-year contract for the vet minimum, I can't really hate on him for that.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with much of what AmareForPresident said

If Harrelson and Jordan contribute then I doubt Jeffries will even get minutes, but for the minimum we got nothing to lose. Hes always played good against the Celtics, a team we will have to go through.

On the other hand, i dont think he should even be allowed to touch the ball on offense and should only be allowed into the game when 2 of our top 3 scorers are on the court with him.

I have nothing against those that don't want him. I understand, hes a horrible offensive player and he doesnt rebound.

But we have alotta roster spots to fill out, if he signs for the minimum i have no problem with that. This is beautiful defense right here

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Good video.

As frustrating as he offense was at times, we can't complain about a guy with good defense on THIS team.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Soft player

I do not understand why he is considered a good defender. Yes, he will take some charges, but he is - plain and simple - a soft player on both ends. This makes me want to barf.

We need hard asses like Oakley and Mason and Starks, not puff balls.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Would have tried getting Chuck Hayes before JJ. Basically the same player with the same role. But Hayes is a lot tougher down in the paint area, and is a much better rebounder.

smokes

Huge Member
I agree with much of what AmareForPresident said

If Harrelson and Jordan contribute then I doubt Jeffries will even get minutes, but for the minimum we got nothing to lose. Hes always played good against the Celtics, a team we will have to go through.

On the other hand, i dont think he should even be allowed to touch the ball on offense and should only be allowed into the game when 2 of our top 3 scorers are on the court with him.

I have nothing against those that don't want him. I understand, hes a horrible offensive player and he doesnt rebound.

But we have alotta roster spots to fill out, if he signs for the minimum i have no problem with that. This is beautiful defense right here

Exactly, he is the Rondo stopper! As long as he doesn't get more than 8-10 minutes per game and isn't stealing minutes from guys that look promising and need to develop it's not a bad move.

Bostjan Nachbar? WTF??? That guy doesn't belong in this league. He was terrible in Houston and New Orleans, dn't even remember him in a Nets uniform - which says a lot....stay the hell away from the Knicks dude!

Resigning Shawne Williams is a must after last season!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Bostjan Nachbar? WTF??? That guy doesn't belong in this league. He was terrible in Houston and New Orleans, dn't even remember him in a Nets uniform - which says a lot....stay the hell away from the Knicks dude!

Resigning Shawne Williams is a must after last season!

Here's a few highlights from his stint with the Nets.

It seems that this guy can shoot the three and get to the cup. Not sure about his defense though. And at age 31, Shawne Williams is a much better choice for the Knicks. Shoots the three, rebounds, defends, still 25 years old. I hope they don't screw this up. :(

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I do not understand why he is considered a good defender. Yes, he will take some charges, but he is - plain and simple - a soft player on both ends. This makes me want to barf.

We need hard asses like Oakley and Mason and Starks, not puff balls.

He is considered a good defender because he harasses players on defense frustrating players and stays in front of guys. Is not always about steal and blocks, its all about stopping the offense. His defense is better than most players on the Knicks. I said this before, and someone else said it, he was hated mostly because of his contract.

Knicks will not have many options signing players for one year deals, and Jeffries is not the worst option. I'm not surprise at all the Knicks want to sign him. As sad as it is the Knicks team is going to look similar. Jeffries is familiar with the system and its important because the strongest teams are going to be the good who haven't changed much. Time is at an essence.

Next the Knicks will and should sign Williams and next Derrick Brown.