My 2012 Off-Season, NO CP3

CA7

Scoring Champ
Sign and trade Landry Fields to Indiana for their 1st Round pick, most likely #15 say and pray to God Brad Beal from Florida falls to #15 which I think he might.

Pick up Douglas' option and move him to Sacramento for their 2nd Rounder and draft Fab Melo from Syracuse

With our 2nd draft Rodney Williams from Minnesota

Now in Free Agency bring no one back, amnesty Balkman to creat additional cap room, the cap is said to be between 58-62 mil so I'll say 60mil cap with STAT, Melo, Shumpert, Harrelson and Jordan on the books thats 43mil so we have 17mil to use plus the MLE if we need to make a signing that brings us over the cap.

Trade a future 2nd for Hakim Warrick

Sign Roy Hibbert for 10mil starting with max raises over 5yrs

Sign Mickael Pietrus for 2mil each year for 2 years

Sign DJ Augustine for 5mil over 4years with max raises(the MLE)

Minimums- Carlos Delfino and Ishmael Smith

Roster

Starters

C- Roy Hibbert

PF- Amar'e Stoudemire

SF- Carmelo Anthony

SG- Brad Beal

PG- DJ Augustine

Bench

G- Iman Shumpert

C- Jerome Jordan

G/F- Mickael Pietrus

PF- Hakim Warrick

F- Rodney Williams

G/F- Carlos Delfino

C- Fab Melo

PG- Ishmael Smith

This team isnt deep, the Brad Beal drafting is a bit of a reach along with the Hibbert signing but you never know

STAT and Melo speak for themselves but I think this is the best team to put around them

Hibbert- true big man, solid rebounder and defender

Beal- sharp shooter, pesky defender

Augustine- super fast PG, shooting ability

Shumpert- shut down defender, combo guard

Jordan- big body, rebounder

Melo- big body, rebounder

Warrick- solid vet, clean up guy

Delfino- solid shooter, solid defender, glue guy

Williams- athletic kid, tons of potential

Smith- solid 3rd PG

what you think

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yup perfect triangle team, its actually pretty possible if we can get the top 15 draft pick and get Beal I'm for it

What I don't get is why we don't sign Dalembert?!!

He's surely all that we need at the center spot!??

Top defender, tall, experienced, decent rebounder, good shot blocker, desperately searching for a roster spot on a contender and he'll be cheaper than DeAndre or Marc Gasol.

What`s the problem front office? Let's sign Dalembert and our frontcourt is among the best in the league

STAT----Dalembert----Melo

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Never trade your young players for unproven young players. Fields has played some amazing hoops for four months and you want to trade him for a draft pick because of six weeks of poor basketball after the melodrama? Douglas played some incredible games last season, we are aware of his weaknesses, but some of us believe he can improve working with Billups, and you want to exchange him for another pick? Being a good college player doesn't guarantee playing good b-ball in the NBA, you never know your pick won't turn into a guy like Derrick Favors or Wesley Johnson...

CA7

Scoring Champ
Never trade your young players for unproven young players. Fields has played some amazing hoops for four months and you want to trade him for a draft pick because of six weeks of poor basketball after the melodrama? Douglas played some incredible games last season, we are aware of his weaknesses, but some of us believe he can improve working with Billups, and you want to exchange him for another pick? Being a good college player doesn't guarantee playing good b-ball in the NBA, you never know your pick won't turn into a guy like Derrick Favors or Wesley Johnson...

I want to trade him because he doesnt fit well enough with Melo, Beal will be a knockdown shooter for us, Fields' stroke is horrible in my opinion, Beal is a great defender and has a great body and Indiana loves players like Fields so if we can get a sure fire 2 Guard in Beal I say take it, Hibbert will be a better option than Dalembert also because he can score better and give us the same defense and rebounding, Shumpert and Augustine will be great 1 guards splitting time and playing together. We are pretty solid with this team I mean what would you do

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Every player that wants to play teamwork and touch the ball sometimes doesn't fit well enough with Anthony, who is known of playing selfish. LeBron, who also plays at small forward averages 7.0 assists per game, in his last season with Cavs where he was unquestionable leader he averaged 8.6 assists per game. Anthony has never averaged more than 3.8, and that makes it difficult for younger players to adjust to the superstars they have to play with. Fields needs credit, it was his mentality that made it so hard after the trade and he said we worked on it during the summer and now he's ready to roll. Anthony played below expectations for most of the time after being traded, but we know how good he can be and he showed it in G2 to which you often refer. They both need some time and I'm conviced they'll be working much more efficient this season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
LeBron is not a natural Small Forward he's a point guard a huge point guard, he doesn't wanna score he's just asked too anyway Melo does fit well with team players its just Fields is frozen a little too much I see him standing watching a lot, people do realize Carmelo is a great passer he doesnt average a lot of assist but if he trusts you he'll pass it, Fields is a great glue guy for any team I love his rebounding its just that I think Beal is a better fit with them as he'll keep defenders honest while Fields isnt a huge 3 point threat and his stroke is bad I mean he takes too long to get the shot off, Beal is great moving without the ball and has great form and range. He defends just as good if not better than Fields the only thing we'll miss is his rebounding which STAT, Melo and Hibbert can make up for that

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
How is that possible that LeBron doesn't want to score and averaged 26.7 points per game last season with shot selection way better than Anthony's? And how is that possible that CA does fit with other players and after Denver got rid of him almost every player there started playing better and they look much better as a team? You start thinking the way your idol does: that's never my fault, my teammates are the real problem. Anthony's playing style is the problem, that's why Fields played better before the trade and that's why Amare plays better when his co-star is not on the court.

CA7

Scoring Champ
LeBron would love to differ he just has to take the load sometimes, LeBron gets criticized for his unselfishness and the way he'd pass up shots for his teammates. and who the hell played better when Melo left they were still the same team that got knocked out the 1st round, yeah much better, your just another Melo hater and typical New York who complains about everything and its willing to be patient and let things develop yeah we were bad when Melo got here but Miami started off 9-8 with the Big 3 and then look each guy found their niche, see the only things you know about Melo are the negatives everyone points out but this is the same guy in the WCF a couple years ago people were saying is a top 5 player in the league, does he shoot too much yeah as a real fan I can admit that but he's better than what we had before and he'll prove it to you come christmas