Grant Hill's Desire For O&B Growing Daily.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Grant Hill?s interest in joining the Knicks and being slotted as their starting shooting guard on a potential Eastern Conference contender is growing by the day, and there is a sense he is leaning toward the Big Apple.

The Bulls and Clippers have been mentioned as possible landing spots for Hill, who has played the past three seasons with the Suns.
Hill would be playing in the New York spotlight, where a basketball renaissance has taken place.

He would be thrust into the basketball mecca and his wife, Tamia, a recording artist, would be in the media and musical mecca.

She is expected to release a new album in two months.

Interesting. The guidance and input from both Hill and Billups would be immeasurable for our young back court players.

Hmmmmm.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...eportedly_Leaning_Toward_Knicks#ixzz1frWzh56s

I'm absolutely for it! Grant Hill has always been a great basketball player and even better person!

Plus he's been extremely durable the last 3 years!

Sign him as our starting SG, his 6'8 body would be great to guard Luol Deng, Lebron, Pierce or Joe Johnson.

Yes please!

mafra

Legend
I LOVE IT too.

The perfect - ideal signing. He knows the D'antoni system, we need a starting SG, he brings a strong vet presence to the locker room & he's humble enough to know his role.

He may be old (39) but his legs are fresher than his age would indicate. In his prime, there was a 5 year period where he virtually missed 4 seasons. The last 3 seasons, he's been gold. Playing all 80-82 games. 30 minutes a night. He scores (12 ppg), rebounds (5 rpg), over 2 assists per game, a steal. Adds an 80% ft touch. And, the last 2 years he's shooting 40% from downtown.

He's big so he can guard multiple positions. He's smart & savvy. He'll fit in nicely with our big-3.

Billups
Hill
Anthony
Amar'e

This works nice. Now we need to convince a big to sign on (Aaron Gray, Jeff Foster).

Not to mention, Fields will benefit from watching Hill for a season (or 2). Fields should mold his game after Hill, and learn from his mental toughness.

PLUS, Knicks have a legit shot to sign Steve Nash next summer. If they miss out on Paul or Deron, they can target Nash plus a big, along with a shooter.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I was hoping to get him years ago. I am biased cause I have loved him since Duke, but I think he would be a solid fit here.

1. Ajinca
2. Amare
3. Melo
4. Hill
5. Billups
6. Fields
7. Douglas
8. Shumpert
9. Turiaf
10. Jerome Jordan
11. Bill Walker
12. Jeffries

Inactive: Balkman

D-League: Jorts and Andy

Its not a perfect lineup but I assume it will do. I dont know what the new CBA exactly says but I recall them making the D-League similar to a minor league system. Put Jorts and Andy there to get some rapport.

I would also love to see Turiaf and Bill Walker flipped somehow, and a guy like Anthony Parker coming on board. Perhaps a trade for Robin Lopez?

Just my two cents.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Do you really want to sign Jordan and send Jorts to the NBDL? We're very fortunate it's unlikely going to happen, probably we're going to sign Harrellson and if Woodson makes some push this kid gets some nice minutes this season. I have nothing against Jordan though, I'd love to have them both on the roster, but we've already picked up Turiaf's option + according to some media reports we're going to resign Jeffries and sign another center via free agency, which makes me think it's quite possible we trade Jordan to another NBA team... or maybe D'Antoni saw the light and plays Turiaf at #4 which gives us an extra spot at center and we can keep Jerome.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd love to see Grant Hill in a Knicks uniform! Proven veteran who has recently found the fountain of youth. His defense has been absolutely amazing for the last few years. We can use him to defend the 1,2, and 3 position. He's big enough to defend LeBron, and quick enough to keep up with the likes of D-Will. Plus, he can shoot the 3. :smokin:

If we get him locked up in New York, losing Shawne Williams wouldn't hurt as much.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'd love to see Grant Hill in a Knicks uniform! Proven veteran who has recently found the fountain of youth. His defense has been absolutely amazing for the last few years. We can use him to defend the 1,2, and 3 position. He's big enough to defend LeBron, and quick enough to keep up with the likes of D-Will. Plus, he can shoot the 3. :smokin:

If we get him locked up in New York, losing Shawne Williams wouldn't hurt as much.

Great video and would be a solid vet to add to our young guys if we can find a solid Center I think we're fine I'm praying Ajinca who I think we end up with can contribute 7-10-2 in 25minutes a night

KingCharles34

All Star
The chance of Grant Hill coming to NY has me hyped right now, i watched this dude as a rookie when him and Kidd were the Co-Rookies of the year. In my opinion he was well on his way to becoming a top 5 SF all time, unfortunately injuries cut him down in his prime but that is working to Hills advantage now. Hes a young 38, hes like one of those Ray Allen-Bernard Hopkins type athletes.

Hills impact could potentially be far greater on a team like the Knicks then it was on the Suns. His great defense and good offense would be great to have alongside billups, Amare, and Melo. The only thing we would have to do at that point is get some defense out of Turiaf, Jordan, and Harrelson or whoever else we have to play the 5. This Knicks team could be dangerous, especially with the addition of defensive assistant Mike Woodson. Think Hawks vs Celtics in 08, we have to be cautious here because the players Woodson had in ATL were more natural defensive players but I believe he will get the Knicks to play a better team defense this year. And by default, the Knicks will be a better defensive team this year. Last year they had limited time to develop chemistry, it would be difficult to be as bad defensively as last years team. And offensively I expect a high scoring team again this year but a little more efficient. Hill despite the fact that he's supposed to be over the hill will be an important factor in NY if he decides to wear a Knicks uniform.

knicksin60

Starter
If Grant Hill signs with the Knicks, Sprite will definitely be begging to offer this guy another contract with them so that they can put up billboards in Time Square.

Sage

Rotation player
I'd be more than happy if we got Grant Hill, as I was last time we were chasing him.

I can't add anymore to what's already been said, veteran leadership, defensive skills, etc. Plus anyone we can add that diminishes other teams ability to double stat or melo is going to be brilliant.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im loving this, definitely would welcome him to our squad. NY would be great for him he'd play huge minutes and help mold our young up-and-comers such as Fields, and Shumpert. one of which i would presume to be the new starting 2guard at some point. i would like to be Fields and shumpert as the face and leader of the second unit though shumpert may eventually fit in a starting lineup with STAT&Melo.

all in all the idea of us bringing in Hill is outstanding the more veteran leadership the better, that playoff run would be better with Billups, Hill, Melo, STAT and J.Jordan

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;187852 said:
:lol:

Yes, I said it! I was waiting for some sneaky bugger to dig that up. :lol:

I was in the throes of pining for a center just minutes before that post.

I repent!

Posters on KO remember the darndest things lol.

finestrg

Rotation player
I was hoping to get him years ago. I am biased cause I have loved him since Duke, but I think he would be a solid fit here.

1. Ajinca
2. Amare
3. Melo
4. Hill
5. Billups
6. Fields
7. Douglas
8. Shumpert
9. Turiaf
10. Jerome Jordan
11. Bill Walker
12. Jeffries

Inactive: Balkman

D-League: Jorts and Andy

Its not a perfect lineup but I assume it will do. I dont know what the new CBA exactly says but I recall them making the D-League similar to a minor league system. Put Jorts and Andy there to get some rapport.

I would also love to see Turiaf and Bill Walker flipped somehow, and a guy like Anthony Parker coming on board. Perhaps a trade for Robin Lopez?

Just my two cents.

I agree with the roster you came up with here Starks, almost right down to your first 12 in the rotation. Only difference is I think Jordan, if he even comes over from Europe, will be the one going to the DL along with Andy possibly, not Jorts. I think Jorts is gonna play man. Just get that feeling. We're gonna need his toughness and rebounding if he's really the goods...I also think they're gonna play Jeffries some too, why I don't know. I think he sucks donkey dick but they love him. Otherwise, this is very realistic as far as the 15-man squad goes.

Hey listen, if you told me we'd be adding a 7'2" C like Alexis Ajinca with his skills (1-yr deal?), Grant Hill (1-yr deal?) and sign Shumpert/Harrellson/J Jordan to contracts, ALL WHILE preserving cap space in 2012 for CP3 --- that's about the best offseason we possibly could've hoped for, other than trading for CP3 already. Hopefully this all comes to fruition. I'll sign up for this right now.

Interestingly, Marc Berman is the only NY sports writer talking about Ajinca. Mentioned in again today at the end of his Grant Hill article:

"The Knicks still have moves to make beyond Hill. Small forward Shawne Williams, a revelation last season, wants to come back and he would solidify the bench. It is unclear if the Knicks would still have room to sign center Jeff Foster or Kurt Thomas.

Jeffries agreed to terms Tuesday and could share the starting role with Ronny Turiaf. The Knicks are also interested in adding 7-2 French prospect Alexis Ajinca of Toronto, who would fit well in D’Antoni’s system."

I gotta believe Berman's got some real intel on this. I like it man. He makes the most sense to me out of any C we've been discussing. I mean we already have bangers and 12 fouls to give combined with Jorts & Ronny. Why bring in more of the same with Jeff Foster? Take a chance on this kid Ajinca's upside. Look at Channing Frye -- dude played a little bit with us, never got off the bench in Portland but eventually goes to PHX and becomes their starting center (or at least a main contributor -- maybe Lopez started in the middle for them, I don't even know). This guy Ajinca has every oz. of skill Frye has, only I think even more going for him: Ajinca's got the jumper with range to be the same type of stretch big Frye is only this guy's even bigger, longer, MUCH MORE of a shot-blocking threat and can probably, despite the thin frame (although he is listed at 248 lbs. now all over the Net, way up from when he came into the league at 215-220 or so), be even more of a factor & more active on the interior (on the glass, one defense, etc.). Frye's a straight-up jumpshooter for the most part..This kid feels like he could be a lot more to me. I feel he can impact more areas of the game than Frye can. Honestly, I see a sky's-the-limit big-man here with a worse case projection of Channing Frye...Plus, if he came in and played well, he could be a nice young chip we could decide to include in a potential CP3 deal eventually (which might allow us to keep another piece out of the deal like Shumpert or Fields).

Bottom line: whether you like Berman or not, he deserves a lot of credit for continually bringing up Ajinca's name and sticking with it. Deserves even more credit if we wind up signing him. You know, I went on Alan Hahn's live chat the other day (yesterday?) and threw out a question about Ajinca, asking him what he heard, etc. Dude never got back to me. Now maybe I came too late to the party but I really felt he should've answered my question. We've been hearing Berman talk about this kid for a couple of days now...I agree with Berman on how well Ajinca would fit here -- it makes too much sense for us not to get it done. Just my 2 cents on a realistic revised rotation (how I think Mike would play it):

5 - Turiaf (could be Ajinca eventually)
4 - STAT
3 - Melo
2 - Hill
1 - Chauncey
--------------------
Fields
TD
Ajinca
Jorts
Shumpert
Jeffries
Walker

IR: Balkman
IR: Jordan (possible DL assignment)
IR: Rautins (possible DL assignment -- though he didn't get it last year - does he get it this year?)

Too bad about Shawne Williams btw. I don't see how we'd be able to bring in Grant Hill AND retain Williams. They play the same position and the money's probably not there to sign both (although, if you believe all this talk about bringing in Hill to start at SG, maybe we do bring back Williams). Berman wrote this morning that we have a 1-yr offer on the table for Shawne @ $980,000. Supposedly he has "more lucrative" offers on the table (Chicago?). If that's really the case, I think he's gone. I've thought that all along --- unlike a Grant Hill, Williams hasn't made any real substantial money in the NBA yet...I'd easily swap out Jeffries in favor of Shawne Williams if it were up to me. Too bad about that. Jeffries is just a waste of time and money. Period! Waste of several hundred thousand bucks we could've offered someone else; waste of a roster spot...Otherwise, I'd be ready to go to war with this team. Thing is we're a little thin at the point with this roster. Anything happens to Chauncey God forbid, that's an awful lot to put on TD's shoulders..Or the rookie Shumpert's shoulders. We might need some additional insurance at the point..Heard Jamaal Tinsley's name mentioned somewhere this morning. Maybe he's an option. How would we make room for him though? Would Rautins get waived? Do we forget all about signing Jerome Jordan? Maybe it's not even a decision we make now, thinking Tinsley will be there waiting for us in the NBDL if we need him...Berman also mentioned that the team wants Derrick Brown back. Someone explain to me where this guy fits, esp. with Jeffries hogging a damn roster spot now?

Last edited: