PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul to LA may fall through

Ewing33Swisher
Dec 08, 2011, 20:04
according to Mark Stein's twitter, something has gone wrong with the CP3 deal

"It was not immediately clear, sources said, if three-way trade involving Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy"

Weissenberg
Dec 08, 2011, 20:09
I heard some rumors this deal has been vetoed by some of the owners, we're landing Tyson Chandler and the Lakers won't be getting Paul, what a great day!

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 20:10
oh here we go, sour grapes -___________-

Stern will wave his magic wand and LA will throw in Andrew Bynum's sneaker insoles.....

Wargames
Dec 08, 2011, 20:13
please don't let the knicks back out of the T Chandler deal to go back to the status quo of waiting for Paul...

Also I bet Mark Cuban is behind this. He didn't like the idea before of the Hornets being able to make any trades and now that they can the Knicks are going to take his center due to them no longer seeking CP3.

NY17KNICKS
Dec 08, 2011, 20:16
Lets go baby! KEEP CP3 OUT OF LA!

KingStarbury3
Dec 08, 2011, 20:18
Its probably the b*tch ass owners of other westcoast teams that are tired of being raped in the playoffs by the Lakers. They probably felt great relief last year when LA looked old against the Mavs. Now there mad :mad:

Real NY Baller
Dec 08, 2011, 20:20
might use tyson in a trade to get cp3. D'ant isn't comfy with big men. I wouldn't be surprised...

smokes
Dec 08, 2011, 20:20
Its probably the b*tch ass owners of other westcoast teams that are tired of being raped in the playoffs by the Lakers. They probably felt great relief last year when LA looked old against the Mavs. Now there mad :mad:

Well if the deal quoted is the one that goes down its ridiculous bottom line. What the Warriors and Clippers are offering easily trumps Kmart/Scola yet for some strange reason the *coughNBAowned* Hornets are willing to give Paul to LA for less than other teams are offering... Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting

Ewing33Swisher
Dec 08, 2011, 20:22
looks like it's official, the trade has been vetoed by the owners

Weissenberg
Dec 08, 2011, 20:24
Let's all pray the Lord tomorrow our front office announces we've signed Tyson Chandler, so we've finally got our big man and can stay away from that Paul craze... Amen.

Wargames
Dec 08, 2011, 20:25
ok so the deal fell through for CP3 to LA. Now its coming out that players can extend their contract longer to take more money in the short term.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217163/Players_Can_Renegotiate_Existing_Contract_For_Smal ler_Amount_Over_Longer_Period

Amare, melo, Chandler, extend for an extra year so it goes to 12 million. then Paul take 12 million a year over a long term deal.

48 million for all the stars...

with about 12 - 22 for other players before the team reaches the luxury cap....

:afro:

who can stop a team made up like that???

smokes
Dec 08, 2011, 20:29
ok so the deal fell through for CP3 to LA. Now its coming out that players can extend their contract longer to take more money in the short term.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217163/Players_Can_Renegotiate_Existing_Contract_For_Smal ler_Amount_Over_Longer_Period

Amare, melo, Chandler, extend for an extra year so it goes to 12 million. then Paul take 12 million a year over a long term deal.

48 million for all the stars...

with about 12 - 22 for other players before the team reaches the luxury cap....

:afro:

who can stop a team made up like that???

That would work but right now we have to sign Tyson Chandler. Maybe this is why the Knicks are chasing him, because they have a plan in place to do this contract restructuring and think they can pick up Chris Paul in 2012?

Lol if that were true, I would piss my pants.

Wargames
Dec 08, 2011, 20:30
That would work but right now we have to sign Tyson Chandler. Maybe this is why the Knicks are chasing him, because they have a plan in place to do this contract restructuring and think they can pick up Chris Paul in 2012?

Lol if that were true, I would piss my pants.

its crazy but I really can't see what stops that now. I mean its an extra year but whatever lol and they can then afford to put players around them because the stars wouldn't take up the cap room.

Stat4mvp
Dec 08, 2011, 20:31
now is our chance, offer NO STAT for CP3, no one can object, one star for another. I'd take my chances with Melo, Chandler, CP3 as a core, instead of Melo, STAT with quesitonable health in back/knees, and Chandler.

LeFlume
Dec 08, 2011, 20:35
now is our chance, offer NO STAT for CP3, no one can object, one star for another. I'd take my chances with Melo, Chandler, CP3 as a core, instead of Melo, STAT with quesitonable health in back/knees, and Chandler.

Then you need to change your nick homie. It won't work. better keep STAT and your name.

Weissenberg
Dec 08, 2011, 20:36
The owners are going to veto every deal that sends Paul to a large market team, stop talking about trading Chris to New York because this will never happen. Period.

smokes
Dec 08, 2011, 20:39
The owners are going to veto every deal that sends Paul to a large market team, stop talking about trading Chris to New York because this will never happen. Period.

What people don't seem to realize is it doesn't matter what the NBA does. I'm gonna make a thread on this now. Will link it here in a minute.

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 20:41
What people don't seem to realize is it doesn't matter what the NBA does. I'm gonna make a thread on this now. Will link it here in a minute.

quoi?? O__o

WrongIslander
Dec 08, 2011, 20:42

Good, he can walk here next year for nothing.

He's always maintained it has only ever been about winning, well if he's a man of his word next year our starting line up is:

CP3
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

LeFlume
Dec 08, 2011, 20:45
Good, he can walk here next year for nothing.

He's always maintained it has only ever been about winning, well if he's a man of his word next year our starting line up is:

CP3
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

I line up to die for.

smokes
Dec 08, 2011, 20:50
quoi?? O__o

www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188331

It doesn't matter what the NBA does because it makes no sense for CP3 to sign an extension. The new CBA restricts extension contracts by 1 year therefore it is only sensible to not extend and wait for free agency before signing a contract.

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 20:55
www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=188331

It doesn't matter what the NBA does because it makes no sense for CP3 to sign an extension. The new CBA restricts extension contracts by 1 year therefore it is only sensible to not extend and wait for free agency before signing a contract.

i can't imagine any reason why a franchise like LA would make a deal to give up their height advantage for ONE season of CP3. That sounds like something Dolan would do.

Weissenberg
Dec 08, 2011, 21:00
@CG: Lakers land Paul > Paul refuses to extend his contract > Paul becomes a free agent > Paul resigns a $102M five year contract with the Lakers > Paul's got his $$$ and is happy - Lakers have resigned him via Bird-exception and are happy too. The End.

WrongIslander
Dec 08, 2011, 21:03
@CG: Lakers land Paul > Paul refuses to extend his contract > Paul becomes a free agent > Paul resigns a $102M five year contract with the Lakers > Paul's got his $$$ and is happy - Lakers have resigned him via Bird-exception and are happy too. The End.

Risky though. Say LA got key injuries going into the next season or just didn't do well this, CP3 would have been under no obligation to stay there and if he took a look East at his friends in MSG he might have thought to himself "How much money do I need, I'd rather have the ring".

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 21:07
Risky though. Say LA got key injuries going into the next season or just didn't do well this, CP3 would have been under no obligation to stay there and if he took a look East at his friends in MSG he might have thought to himself "How much money do I need, I'd rather have the ring".

more naive of us to think LA would make the deal without knowing he'll extend/re-sign. This is LA, they've typically gotten wut they wanted in recent memory.....

Weissenberg
Dec 08, 2011, 21:08
There is no young player in this league that would choose a ring over more $$$, maybe Nash could consider this move, but not Paul. He wants money he rightfully deserves, we don't have that money even without Chandler/Billups, which simply means "no deal". Carmelo and Amare have chosen more money, what makes you think Chris is any different?

Paul1355
Dec 08, 2011, 21:19
according to Mark Stein's twitter, something has gone wrong with the CP3 deal

"It was not immediately clear, sources said, if three-way trade involving Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy"

Im not happy about this. Since the Hornets dont have an owner they just reject a deal that was already in place. Why didn't anybody tell Dell Demps that this was not allowed?

If this was any other team, they would allow this trade to go through.

This was actualy a fair trade. The hornets would have had a solid lineup of Jarret Jack, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Luis Scola, and Emeka Okafor

The Rockets get Pau Gasol

what is wrong with this?

Owners are abusing power...again

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 21:23
Im not happy about this. Since the Hornets dont have an owner they just reject a deal that was already in place. Why didn't anybody tell Dell Demps that this was not allowed?

If this was any other team, they would allow this trade to go through.

This was actualy a fair trade. The hornets would have had a solid lineup of Jarret Jack, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, Luis Scola, and Emeka Okafor

The Rockets get Pau Gasol

what is wrong with this?

Owners are abusing power...again

financially, it sounds like crap to me. u lose Paul, you dont shed Okafor's contract AND you take on Scola's 38 million? this franchise is broke remember? they wanna get YOUNG, cheap and worthy of sale.

WrongIslander
Dec 08, 2011, 21:27
There is no young player in this league that would choose a ring over more $$$, maybe Nash could consider this move, but not Paul. He wants money he rightfully deserves, we don't have that money even without Chandler/Billups, which simply means "no deal". Carmelo and Amare have chosen more money, what makes you think Chris is any different?

The fact that he's said so on a number of occasions and that he has already shown he's a lot more remarkable as a person than a lot of the people you are comparing him to.

Wargames
Dec 08, 2011, 21:38
http://kcsportsninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/2u55q1w.gif

Paul1355
Dec 08, 2011, 21:39
financially, it sounds like crap to me. u lose Paul, you dont shed Okafor's contract AND you take on Scola's 38 million? this franchise is broke remember? they wanna get YOUNG, cheap and worthy of sale.

the hornets got three starters that are borderline allstars for one player, this is a 10000 times better than what denver got for trading Melo!

The starting lineup of Jack, Martin, Odom, Scola, and Okafor with Ariza off the bench makes them a solid team. Who cares about finances when you can afford it and have a solid team? See the Knicks complaining from lack of funds?

The rockets had the worst part of this deal but they wanted to get rid of Scola and Martin's big contracts and get a star in return, they got that in Gasol.

These 3 teams agreed to make this move which is why im shocked the owners would pull a last minute low blow to kill this deal.

CuseGirl
Dec 08, 2011, 22:14
the hornets got three starters that are borderline allstars for one player, this is a 10000 times better than what denver got for trading Melo!

The starting lineup of Jack, Martin, Odom, Scola, and Okafor with Ariza off the bench makes them a solid team. Who cares about finances when you can afford it and have a solid team? See the Knicks complaining from lack of funds?

The rockets had the worst part of this deal but they wanted to get rid of Scola and Martin's big contracts and get a star in return, they got that in Gasol.

These 3 teams agreed to make this move which is why im shocked the owners would pull a last minute low blow to kill this deal.

well is there a true difference btwn Stern vetoing a deal and "the owners" vetoing a deal? Jack, Martin, Odom, Scola and Okafor with Ariza on the bench is at best 7th in the West and you're making the completely wrong assumption that NO can afford it. How can you possibly compare NO to the Knicks financially? This team is bankrupt remember? That's why the league owns it.

Toby Kimbal
Dec 08, 2011, 22:48
Why Can't The Knicks Waive Billups And Then Sign Him To The Mid Level Exemption?????????????????????????????

CA7
Dec 08, 2011, 23:29
Why Can't The Knicks Waive Billups And Then Sign Him To The Mid Level Exemption?????????????????????????????

smh why would they waive him, he'd count against the cap unless someone picked him up, now if we trade him to Dallas and they waive him then he clears waivers they have to pay him and we can sign him for the minimum similar to when Big Z got traded to Washington for Jamison and they waived him, he cleared and returned to Cleveland in 45 days

quiggle
Dec 09, 2011, 09:35
this is as bad of the NBA as they rigged the 1985 draft. but we cant really complain about that. at least consider this, come time June we wont have to wake up seeing photos of illegal immigrant Hispanic gang members setting cars on fire in south central LA after Lakers win a title.