Chris Paul to LA may fall through

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
according to Mark Stein's twitter, something has gone wrong with the CP3 deal

"It was not immediately clear, sources said, if three-way trade involving Hornets, Lakers and Rockets is merely snagged or in jeopardy"

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I heard some rumors this deal has been vetoed by some of the owners, we're landing Tyson Chandler and the Lakers won't be getting Paul, what a great day!

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
oh here we go, sour grapes -___________-

Stern will wave his magic wand and LA will throw in Andrew Bynum's sneaker insoles.....

Wargames

Starter
please don't let the knicks back out of the T Chandler deal to go back to the status quo of waiting for Paul...

Also I bet Mark Cuban is behind this. He didn't like the idea before of the Hornets being able to make any trades and now that they can the Knicks are going to take his center due to them no longer seeking CP3.

KingCharles34

All Star
Its probably the b*tch ass owners of other westcoast teams that are tired of being raped in the playoffs by the Lakers. They probably felt great relief last year when LA looked old against the Mavs. Now there mad :mad:

smokes

Huge Member
Its probably the b*tch ass owners of other westcoast teams that are tired of being raped in the playoffs by the Lakers. They probably felt great relief last year when LA looked old against the Mavs. Now there mad :mad:

Well if the deal quoted is the one that goes down its ridiculous bottom line. What the Warriors and Clippers are offering easily trumps Kmart/Scola yet for some strange reason the *coughNBAowned* Hornets are willing to give Paul to LA for less than other teams are offering... Innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Let's all pray the Lord tomorrow our front office announces we've signed Tyson Chandler, so we've finally got our big man and can stay away from that Paul craze... Amen.

Wargames

Starter
In theory the Knicks could get Tyson Chandler and CP3 now....

ok so the deal fell through for CP3 to LA. Now its coming out that players can extend their contract longer to take more money in the short term.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ontract_For_Smaller_Amount_Over_Longer_Period

Amare, melo, Chandler, extend for an extra year so it goes to 12 million. then Paul take 12 million a year over a long term deal.

48 million for all the stars...

with about 12 - 22 for other players before the team reaches the luxury cap....

:afro:

who can stop a team made up like that???

smokes

Huge Member
ok so the deal fell through for CP3 to LA. Now its coming out that players can extend their contract longer to take more money in the short term.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ontract_For_Smaller_Amount_Over_Longer_Period

Amare, melo, Chandler, extend for an extra year so it goes to 12 million. then Paul take 12 million a year over a long term deal.

48 million for all the stars...

with about 12 - 22 for other players before the team reaches the luxury cap....

:afro:

who can stop a team made up like that???

That would work but right now we have to sign Tyson Chandler. Maybe this is why the Knicks are chasing him, because they have a plan in place to do this contract restructuring and think they can pick up Chris Paul in 2012?

Lol if that were true, I would piss my pants.

Wargames

Starter
That would work but right now we have to sign Tyson Chandler. Maybe this is why the Knicks are chasing him, because they have a plan in place to do this contract restructuring and think they can pick up Chris Paul in 2012?

Lol if that were true, I would piss my pants.

its crazy but I really can't see what stops that now. I mean its an extra year but whatever lol and they can then afford to put players around them because the stars wouldn't take up the cap room.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
now is our chance, offer NO STAT for CP3, no one can object, one star for another. I'd take my chances with Melo, Chandler, CP3 as a core, instead of Melo, STAT with quesitonable health in back/knees, and Chandler.

LeFlume

All Star
now is our chance, offer NO STAT for CP3, no one can object, one star for another. I'd take my chances with Melo, Chandler, CP3 as a core, instead of Melo, STAT with quesitonable health in back/knees, and Chandler.

Then you need to change your nick homie. It won't work. better keep STAT and your name.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
The owners are going to veto every deal that sends Paul to a large market team, stop talking about trading Chris to New York because this will never happen. Period.

smokes

Huge Member
The owners are going to veto every deal that sends Paul to a large market team, stop talking about trading Chris to New York because this will never happen. Period.

What people don't seem to realize is it doesn't matter what the NBA does. I'm gonna make a thread on this now. Will link it here in a minute.

WrongIslander

Rotation player

Good, he can walk here next year for nothing.

He's always maintained it has only ever been about winning, well if he's a man of his word next year our starting line up is:

CP3
Fields
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler