metrocard

Legend
48baae9646bac46d5cd3a6de1a1barealebron.jpg

H: 5' 11"
W: 175 lbs
Bday: 06/26/1984
Per 40 (18.6 PPG 7.7 APG)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jose-Juan-Barea-171/stats/

Barea is special. Not an atheletic freak or a lights out shooter, but has a high motor, basketball IQ, a combination of elusiveness and speed. Very hard to keep this guy out the paint. Whats cool about him is his work ethic. He was never a strong defended in college, but spent alot of years working on being pesky and breaking up plays with his lateral quickness. He's an underrated passer, and scoring is 2nd nature to him. Would be a big pick up for us, because he listens and wants to win and does anything to win. We're a slow team with not much passing, quickness and winning mentality. JJ is only 26 and is entering his prime.

People hate on him cause of his height and looks more like a Tennis player than NBAer, but he has continue to prove people wrong over and over again.

Undrafted to NBA Champion Starter

Barea pick and roll with Stoudemire would be deadly. Barea knows how to break down the defense and is a pretty good finisher at the rim, teams would have a nightmare chasing Barea around. Not only do they have to worry about Stat they have to worry about Melo on the outside JJ is the ideal fit plus he can knock down the 3.

PG: Barea
SG: Shump
SF : Melo
PF : Amare
C : Tyson

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
his toughness is unquestioned took an elbow from Bynum right in the chest, got the and-1 and go right....back....up. thats when i knew he could play full time. get this dude here. im all for it

CA7

Scoring Champ
If he were 6'2 yes at 5'11 hell no remember he has to defend Rose, Rondo, Williams, Wall guys like that in the playoffs

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If he were 6'2 yes at 5'11 hell no remember he has to defend Rose, Rondo, Williams, Wall guys like that in the playoffs

they can get to the rim if they want we have Chandler now =)

btw he defended very well in the finals he's capable

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Barea is not a season long starter....he had a good playoff run and had a very specific role that isn't guaranteed to be duplicated here in NYC. He's not gonna be darting in and out of the paint when the primary scorers are Melo and Amare.

metrocard

Legend

Who the hell can guard those guys? No one. Pointless post. PG defense is overrated. You're going to get beat 9 times out of 10. Especially with the rules in the NBA. We have Chandler now, so our perimeter defense can't be exposed. Those guys will have problems with Barea either way.

Barea is not a season long starter....

That isn't a fact.

and Melo and Amare needs someone to get them the ball and make the game easy for them. Barea is a strong assist man. Youre presuming too much on non existent things.

Red

TYPE-A
What happened to the "players will be clammoring to play for us on the cheap" notion?

Are they lined up? Do we have the pic of the litter?

Hello?!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
What happened to the "players will be clammoring to play for us on the cheap" notion?

Are they lined up? Do we have the pic of the litter?

Hello?!

Yes because a capped out team not even done inking the deal is going to garner INSTANT demand around the league...

Come on man, use your noodle.

quiggle

Starter
pass. dont believe the hype from him last season, it was his contract year so he was just playing above and beyond to impress teams and up his value. hell probably play like Brad Lohaus if we got him.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
That isn't a fact.

and Melo and Amare needs someone to get them the ball and make the game easy for them. Barea is a strong assist man. Youre presuming too much on non existent things.

In regards to JJ Barea, I direct you here

he averaged 3.9 assists per game in 20 minutes. he's not a starter in this league and whoever gets him will probably overpay for him. Even in the playoffs, he only averaged 18 minutes a game. I'm presuming too much on non-existent things? No, I'm going by the numbers and you are simply making things up "he's a strong assist man". Based on what?

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Who the hell can guard those guys? No one. Pointless post. PG defense is overrated. You're going to get beat 9 times out of 10. Especially with the rules in the NBA. We have Chandler now, so our perimeter defense can't be exposed. Those guys will have problems with Barea either way.

He is still not a good defender in anyway.

That isn't a fact.

I really doubt he can be a good starter. He is very inconsistent already and would be a gigantic defensive liability if he plays 30+ minutes a game.

Also look at that video you posted when he runs the PnR with Dirk. He gets wide open lanes because Dirk's man does not help off of Dirk. He won't be getting those wide open lanes on the Knicks, since we do not have an amazing 7 foot shooter. Hell even in that video he missed a lot of shots near the hoop because of his size. He is a role player at best.

Red

TYPE-A
Yes because a capped out team not even done inking the deal is going to garner INSTANT demand around the league...

Come on man, use your noodle.

Capped out means MLE, $2.5mil exception depending how far over the cap, and vet's exception.

And we are all assuming the deal is basically done aren't we?

That would mean the players believe this too...

So who will be lining up that qualifies as a player worth more but willing to play with us for less? Who?

*noodle on boil

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
He is still not a good defender in anyway.

I really doubt he can be a good starter. He is very inconsistent already and would be a gigantic defensive liability if he plays 30+ minutes a game.

Also look at that video you posted when he runs the PnR with Dirk. He gets wide open lanes because Dirk's man does not help off of Dirk. He won't be getting those wide open lanes on the Knicks, since we do not have an amazing 7 foot shooter. Hell even in that video he missed a lot of shots near the hoop because of his size. He is a role player at best.

:agreed: please knock some reality into this guy. I think ESPN ran that Barea highlight against the Lakers SO much, people are convinced he's a great player.....the numbers say otherwise. I mean, evidence enuff is that Jason Kidd and Terry are like 800 years older than Barea and they averaged 13 minutes more than Barea over the course of the season.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Capped out means MLE, $2.5mil exception depending how far over the cap, and vet's exception.

And we are all assuming the deal is basically done aren't we?

That would mean the players believe this too...

So who will be lining up that qualifies as a player worth more but willing to play with us for less? Who?

*noodle on boil

WRONG...once again. We dipped below the cap by amnestying Billups therefore do not have the MLE. We do have 2.5 Mil exception and vet mins. Once all the amnesty around the league takes place we will have a shot at some cheap vets.

Who is available? Who else is signing vets at this point? Answer...nobody so simmer down cause your noodle is overheated.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't believe Barea is full-time starting material in the League.

He's very adequate as a back-up.

I think Arroyo is better than him. Not sure he's even better than that French dude Buboi, or whatever his name is.. who's also on Dallas and plays behind him.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, are you asserting that having the best front line in the biggest market is not appealing? Of course not, this is you trying to take indirect jabs at me and other posters who have been talking about cheap vets. Sometimes playing the devils advocate just makes a person look like an uninformed douche...

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I don't believe Barea is full-time starting material in the League.

He's very adequate as a back-up.

I think Arroyo is better than him. Not sure he's even better than that French dude Buboi, or whatever his name is.. who's also on Dallas and plays behind him.

Beaubois? yea, Beaubois is probably the reason Dallas wouldn't deal for Billups, no need to, cuz that dude can play.

Red

TYPE-A
WRONG...once again. We dipped below the cap by amnestying Billups therefore do not have the MLE. We do have 2.5 Mil exception and vet mins. Once all the amnesty around the league takes place we will have a shot at some cheap vets.

Who is available? Who else is signing vets at this point? Answer...nobody so simmer down cause your noodle is overheated.

As you say... you still didn't answer my question.

Who? Who [will be] available?

Possibilities?

Long-shots?

Who?

W-H-O?

As in name me a few...

As in could possibly be...

As in if things go right...

Get it?