I guess there were no takers for Turiaf

finestrg

Rotation player
Looks like we're still getting Chandler, but instead of just acquiring him as a FA outright, it's gonna be through a sign & trade, where a large trade exception plus a minor salary is going to Dallas in exchange for Chandler. Billups still gets amnestied. Just shows that Turiaf had zero value around the league. You know they shopped him hard..Hey, thank God we even had this 2nd way of acquiring Chandler available to us otherwise this whole thing would've gone south.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...re_Large_TPE_By_Doing_Chandler_Sign_And_Trade

My question is who's the mystery player with the minor salary we're including in the deal? It better be Balkman man. Jerome Jordan I could live with too I guess -- no one else. We're gonna need everyone else.

smokes

Huge Member
doesn't make sense to me...the salaries have to be within 150% or something like that

There's something in the CBA about S&T whereby you don't have to match salaries in return. This is how Lebron and Bosh went to the Heat, via S&T which left the Cavs and Toronto with 14 million dollar trade exceptions.

Wargames

Starter
Well damn Turiaf, The Knicks couldn't get a single TPE for him and teams need to take on salary to meet league minimum.....

At least The Knicks have a back up center for most the year I guess, before the trade deadline maybe The Knicks can move him.