Am I the only one who thinks Nate Robinson is being underrated?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
First off, he's not the perfect fit as far as PGs to pick-up this off-season. Players such as Baron Davis would be a lot better, but if we can pick him up on a small deal and we can't get Davis or whoever, why not?

Even though Nate did show some immaturity, I felt a long time it was blown way out of proportion. He never complained when he was benched a long time with D'Antoni while still working hard

When he gets to Boston, and has some good games, especially in the Playoffs, people said "their culture and vets made him a more mature player". That's BULLshit. He was still showing the same fun he had in New York, same excitement, same skills, except he was on a contender. People make this stuff up.

I was inspired to make this thread because of the Barea thread. I think both players are good, and haven't shown to be far apart, and haven't shown who's better than the other. Both have had inconsistent periods, including Barea last post-season.

Nate also showed he can pass. Yeah, he shot a lot, but he wasn't chucking it like Harrington (you know).

Akamu's (where are you?) classic Nate mix

smokes

Huge Member
I really can't imagine D'Antoni taking back Nate. He hasn't really done a great deal since leaving the Knicks either.

I think there are much much better options out there quite honestly I'd rather have Douglas running point than Nate.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I really can't imagine D'Antoni taking back Nate. He hasn't really done a great deal since leaving the Knicks either.

I think there are much much better options out there quite honestly I'd rather have Douglas running point than Nate.
I dunno, I like Douglas and he's still young and improving, but i'm not a fan of his tempo and style at the point.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Wasnt it nAST nATE who punched carmelo in the face when the brawl first broke out? LOL BUT anyways say no to nASTY nate

Paul1355

All Star
First off, he's not the perfect fit as far as PGs to pick-up this off-season. Players such as Baron Davis would be a lot better, but if we can pick him up on a small deal and we can't get Davis or whoever, why not?

Even though Nate did show some immaturity, I felt a long time it was blown way out of proportion. He never complained when he was benched a long time with D'Antoni while still working hard

When he gets to Boston, and has some good games, especially in the Playoffs, people said "their culture and vets made him a more mature player". That's BULLshit. He was still showing the same fun he had in New York, same excitement, same skills, except he was on a contender. People make this stuff up.

I was inspired to make this thread because of the Barea thread. I think both players are good, and haven't shown to be far apart, and haven't shown who's better than the other. Both have had inconsistent periods, including Barea last post-season.

Nate also showed he can pass. Yeah, he shot a lot, but he wasn't chucking it like Harrington (you know).

Akamu's (where are you?) classic Nate mix

i watched the clip with nate against the hawks when he scored 41...the dude can play but he was so inconsistent. That night he was just on fire and couldnt miss a shot.

He should get signed somewhere....reunion? lol jk i dont think Mike D would even think about it