PDA

View Full Version : Backup for S.T.A.T

MeloforMayor
Dec 10, 2011, 10:46
Now that we have Chandler, all we need is a pass-first pg and backup PF for STAT. Stoudemire logged in too many minutes last season. Fatigue really set in and may be the cause of his back injury. So tell me guys, who should be Amar'e's backup? :gony:

AmareForPresident
Dec 10, 2011, 10:52
I'm pretty sure Carl Landry is an FA, is there any chance we can get him or will he be too expensive? I think he is exactly what we need as our backup PF.

finestrg
Dec 10, 2011, 12:27
I'm pretty sure Carl Landry is an FA, is there any chance we can get him or will he be too expensive? I think he is exactly what we need as our backup PF.

Yeah he'd be good, but I think you're right man, he'd be too expensive.

Most realistic thing we can hope for is probably bringing back Shawne Williams -- I know he's a 3, but Mike likes using him to defend the post with his size and length. Then hopefully a guy like Harrellson emerges as a contributor. Or Jerome Jordan, where we can then rotate Chandler to the 4 when Amar'e's out of the game. Something like that.

Of course, there's always these guys playing Euro. ball right now that are only a phone call away:

Sean Williams
Jeff Adrien
DeShawn Sims
Joe Alexander

DaTPRiNCE
Dec 10, 2011, 13:07
we got J.Jordan signed so he could fill in some minutes next to Chandler and stuff i think that'd set us up down low.