Hill re-signs with Suns after Knicks wait on Chandler

This time, the Knicks left Grant Hill at the altar, not the other way around. According to a source close to Hill, he has agreed to stay in Phoenix after meeting with Suns owner Robert Sarver on Friday morning.

The Arizona Republic reports Hill agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract.
Multiple NBA sources told The Post that New York was his No. 1 choice and the Knicks were offering their one-year, $5 million mid-level exception which Hill was close to accepting. But yesterday, Knicks brass, learning of Tyson Chandler's interest in New York, changed direction and lost their ability to make a competitive offer for Hill.

In making a move for the elite center, the Knicks are having to go under the salary cap in using Chauncey Billups as an amnesty waiver and trading Ronny Turiaf. As such, the Knicks will lose their mid-level exception. The Chandler deal likely will be finalized Friday after the last piece of trading Turiaf is completed.

The Knicks attempted to lure the Suns into a sign-and-trade to pay Hill but got nowhere. Mike D'Antoni left Phoenix on bad terms with Sarver. Hill could have signed for the veteran's minimum of $1.9 million with the Knicks but passed.

This is the third time Hill to the Knicks did not work out. They chased him as a free agent in 2000 when he was a perennial All-Star and got burned two years ago when he stayed in Phoenix. This time, the Knicks didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/hill_re_signs_with_suns_after_knicks_uIfQy3wyyrHC5I84FxPDSL

Damn. I really wanted Hill as our starting SG, maybe Rip Hamilton? Looks like Detroit is about to buy him out.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea next year we'll have the full MLE but this year we have half the MLE so we should look at good players that would play for 2.5 mil basically. if he'd accept it i'd love Stevenson as our 2guard unno if he'll take the paycut