Anonymous Source: Amar'e and Carmelo are fingering each other.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo Anthony said it is time for him and Amar?e Stoudemire to have a heart-to-heart.

The superstar tandem have been a staggering wreck. If not fixed soon, the Knicks? season ? and coach Mike D?Antoni?s job ? will be on the line.

image.jpg

?We as a team need to do a better job getting Amar?e the ball,?? Anthony admitted. ?I have the ball in my hands. Maybe it?s on me. Maybe I have to give him the ball a little more, help him out with that. We?ll talk probably [today] and try to figure it out together. If I?m doing too much, I want him to tell me. I want the guys on the team to tell me if I?m doing too much.?

image.jpg

According to a person familiar with direct knowledge of the situation, Anthony has been too obsessed with his points and Stoudemire is too concerned with Anthony taking over the team. There?s also too much finger-pointing, according to the source.

Stoudemire and Anthony are co-captains and their impending meeting is more important than anything D?Antoni can say.

It?s obvious I?m beat up. I don?t want to use that as any excuse. Maybe it?s time to reevaluate everything, reevaluate my body, sit with the trainers, see what?s going on.??

dantoni-dolanjpg-91c26cf93a37c2ed_large.jpg

How did it ever come to this?

Some will blame it all on the coach, others all on Carmelo's greed, others all on STAT. Some, as pointless as it may be, will hypothesize it in to a blame percentage - 80% MDA, 10% Melo, 10% STAT, for example.

What set this festering locomotive's engine on fire?

D'Ant's incapability as a coach?

STAT's incapability as a defender?

Melo's incapability as a team player?

Dolan's incapability as owner/funder?

A clash of egos that have no championship between them?

Are we just bearing witness to a culmination of what's wrong with modern day sports?

image.jpg

If you take D'Antoni's name out of the above list, what are you looking at?

You're looking at 3 precocious, spoon fed, narcissistic multi millionaires.

STAT, Dolan and Carmelo Anthony.

Is that the issue at the crux of our dismay?

Is this karma taking one back for what's right and reasonable?

Does anyone remember Voltron from the 80s? That was numerous parts coming together to build one, unstoppable force.

Right now, the Knicks are the antithesis of Voltron. Numerous parts that have come together, to form one, lumbering, pitiful mix of heinous hopelessness. Assembled by celebrity, greed and it's all payed for by the fans.

All the maneuvering, all the hope, all the effort, all the cash, every single ****ing post you've ever made on this site: this is your result.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/excessive-finger-pointing-on-knicks-team

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Oh and before you post it, Baron Davis won't save this team. His backs ****ed, he's old, and he hasn't played in a very, very long time.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is nothing but the media hyping things up, look at what they did with the Jets, the Knicks, Jets and Mets are nothing but the media's punching bag. New York is full of critics, including many "fans". The last thing we need to worry about is STAT and Melo beefin, get MDA and get a coach who can make them mesh better and you'll see a huge difference

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is nothing but the media hyping things up, look at what they did with the Jets, the Knicks, Jets and Mets are nothing but the media's punching bag. New York is full of critics, including many "fans". The last thing we need to worry about is STAT and Melo beefin, get MDA and get a coach who can make them mesh better and you'll see a huge difference

In the amount of time between me posting this and you replying, there is literally no way you've read that post and let it sink in.

Go back and try again.

quiggle

Starter
sholdnt surprise anyone. look at arod and jeter. what surprises me more is that some of you would trade Melo before Renaissance Man, who is past his prime and one awkward twist of the knees and the team has no star, at least Melo is more fresh and durable.

quiggle

Starter
has anyone ever noticed the smilarities between Billups and Junkyard Williams Jerome, and Im not talking about how they are bald headed guys who cant close there mouths

what is similar is that the Knicks were suppose to use Allan Houston rule to get rid of Ailin Houston because he was not productive with his knees and it backfired when they used it on Jerome Willaims and the Knicks this time should have used amnesty on Renaissance Man with busted knees and didnt and it backfired again when they used amnesty on Billups

iSaYughh

Starter
First off,

I agree with the plausibility that there is a rift between them.

One reason STAT has been so shit, is that he has essentially become outwardly submissive in his play on the court -- while Anthony trots around (or really, stands around) with the rock.

It's a passive-aggressive attack...response..retaliation...whatever you want to call it, IMHO.

It's like when someone self-destructs (be it with a woman situation, eg) and just lets shit got to hell (a relationship, eg) because you feel pissed off, and usually somewhat hurt or offended, and by not saying shit about it really and letting Rome burn, it's both a natural human response to recoil and also a passive-aggressive way to respond.

Amare had a quote after DEN, and the precise words were quite powerful; it was something along the lines of:

"Well, Gallo is a great player. You know, but this is no surprise, he was a BEAST when he played with *me*"

This after he raped us like an American Pie, with ultra-efficiency. The same player who played the same game as STAT was hurling up those record 30pt performances, had the Knicks "back on the map", and had us cruising to above .500 records and the playoffs with house money (and a world of cap space).

This rift is perhaps ineluctable, to a degree. Lebron and Wade certainly clashed -- and still do -- but they are both more mature players, better players, and each possesses the skill of distribution and facilitating in their repertoire.

Carmelo's reputation as a selfish, ball-dominant player defies anything related to the NYK. It dates back to his entire tenure with DEN. Carmelo's instincts and habits defy the type of play which STAT thrives in and which STAT has engraved into his habits and instincts.

This doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play better, even much better than they have, however.

A PG, and a "better" offense *OF COURSE* will improve them and they relationship. But to what end? To true championship-caliber ends? Could MDA, or any coach, implement some decent semblance of a nice half-court, set-play offense?

Yes.

But this is why we need MDA, and why we shouldn't; or, why we should at least pray MDA and our Knicks are good enough to stick around long enough to implement his offensive system.

Any system outside of a free-flowing, up tempo, PG-based system where spacing is king will never satisfy the following realities:

*Amare thrives in this precise setting (the more obvious, yet surprisingly still not appreciated enough fact)

*Melo will never be molded (and forced) into the necessary adaptation and setting to co-exist with Amare; as a lethal player in his own right, and as a true team mate that can reasonably be expected to seamlessly co-exist with Amare (and the rest of our team).

In a MDA designed, MDA coached offensive system, Melo will not be able to hog the ball...He won't be *able* to just sit there with the rock, sifting through his rolodex contemplating which offensive move he will use. He will move, he will react, he will score, or he will pass. And it will all happen in (literally) a matter of seconds.

An MDA system defies the very gripes we have:

*players just moping around

*Weak ball movement

*Players just sitting there with the rock, especially Melo

*Lack of team unity

Hate the man..hate his system...but hate it for this team? Be in a for a rude awakening, IMO, if we ever bring in the type of coaches so many seem to clamor for in place of MDA.

finestrg

Rotation player
You know what I think ---- in the couple of games Melo didn't play at all (specifically the Thunder game comes to mind, there may have been 1 or 2 others), Amar'e was terrible and didn't answer the bell. If Melo's the problem then why didn't STAT step up in his absence? Even in the games he & Melo do play together, when Melo's out resting, Amar'e hasn't stepped up at all to distinguish himself this year. Point being: I wouldn't put the blame square on Melo for STAT underperforming. The problem runs deeper than that...What it could really be, I dunno --- STAT being out of shape (is this "20 extra lbs of muscle" he supposedly put on the problem?), not having his legs yet because we didn't have a real training camp/pre-season, is he hurt or not 100% for some reason, maybe babying the back from the end of last season? I wish I knew the answer because we need him right now. Dude looks like a shell of what he used to be. Last year around this time, they were already chanting 'MVP' for this guy at the Garden on a nightly basis, and he deserved it! We gotta get him right somehow..

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
GOOD POST CRAZY

This pretty much sums it all up right about now. Our worst fears realized when we paired these 2 players together.

But really, we had little choice.

I do regret gutting the entire team to get Camarshmello. I mean, no way we should have given Felton & Mozgov. One of them should have been retained, as sort of a deal breaker.

But this brings us back to what's really the main issue here: Our owner.

Dolan has been the one constant during this dud of a lost decade of decadence.

I could've lived with the deal had it happened at the midnght hour, but to pull the trigger so early before the deadline just showed how pathetic the son is at business. ZERO ACUMEN. As it turned out, NYK would either have settled for Deron Williams, or got Anthony at a cheaper price, or ended up paying what they paid anyway.

NOW... with that said... I think we'll end up with a legit PG come September.

I think Joorts is a find, and that lessens the blow for giving up Mozgov (we replaced his spot). If we didn't make the deal, we wouldn't have Tyson Chandler.

If we kept Felton, then Baron Davis probably signs elsewhere.

I like Gallo, but Carmelo Anthony is the better player.

Granted, having Wilson Chandler & Gallo gives the team a stronger SF/6th man duo than what NY has now... but would that be enough to not do the trade?

The whole Anthony Randolph for Corey Brewer than cut him stuff was foolish. But not like either player is a difference maker.

The Knicks did get Billups & Balkman, they let go of Turiaf but brought back Jeffries.

Let's remember that Felton collapsed after a hot start, he was abused in the playoffs playing for CHA (and didn't do much last post season either). Gallo & Chandler gave us depth & chemistry, but were we going to go all in on Wilson and resign him? He's far too inconsistent to allocate 50 mil to.

The Knicks were 3-8 last year (after losing to DEN) before they went wild & won 13 out of 14 games. This year, after losing to DEN the Knicks are 6-10.

We need to rememeber this, keep things in persepective. MIA took time to gel. Sure, NY is 20-28 since Carmelo arrived... But we got a taste in the first 2 games of what each can bring. OBVIOUSLY, their respective history has proven they alone aren't enough to make you title-worth. But, with help...

Look, NY was not winning anything with Felton-Gallo-Moz this season. I might even add that Baron Davis, Tyson Chandler is a better duo than having the aforementioned trio.

The Knicks will also find a SG/6th man option by March. They'll also be able to lure something in the Summer. By the start of next season, we'll be over the trade. It wont matter then.

So let's not bash the move... just yet. Give them time. Hard to b/c it looks like a train wreck right now... But we're dealing with egos here.

Carmelo is hurt and he's trying too hard, trying to do too much. The faults & losing are snowballing. The ship will be righted though. His teammates will slowly earn his trust. After all, raise your hand if you're passing to Douglas or Fields with the game on the line?

Carmelo also isn't Larry Bird. Don't expect him to make Amar'e better. We know this. BUT EVERYONE said Carmelo & Stoudemire are a better fit than Wade & Lebron, b/c their games compliment one another. The issue is that they require a PG to make it all work. Remember what Billups was doing in Game 1 before he got hurt.

Stoudemire also is sensative. He wants to be the man. He escaped Nash, got a taste with the MVP chants, and now his feelings are "hurt." Well, he has to man up... Get over it... Go get your. Crash off glass. Demand the ball.

Coach has to feature each at points early in games, while the other rests. Carmelo has to learn to set Amar'e up. RUn the pick and roll together. Amar'e needs to go back to being Robin, letting CA be batman.

We'll get Baron Davis Back. We'll sign a JR Smith or something. Things will gel. The winning will come.

As long as we don't finish as the 7-8 seed, we still have a good shot to make it to the 2nd round.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare needs a point guard or at least someone who knows where he wants to get the basketball. During our 4 games winning streak where there was some ball movement Amare averaged 43% shooting, 22.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and just 2.5 turnovers... I know it's still far from perfect, but you can see there was some improvement. But if there is just chucking from every position and he gets the ball 20' away from the basket, what do you want him to do? How many times have we seen Amare setting screen to roll and the ballhandler deny him the ball?

CA7

Scoring Champ
They both need to be set up better period, its on D'Antoni to analyze the film and see how to make it better, its obvious he hasn't since they do the same thing every game. I honestly hope Melo doesn't shoot on Tuesday so we can see how good we do without him shooting

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
They both need to be set up better period, its on D'Antoni to analyze the film and see how to make it better, its obvious he hasn't since they do the same thing every game. I honestly hope Melo doesn't shoot on Tuesday so we can see how good we do without him shooting
The problem Carmelo doesn't really know when to shoot and Dumbtoni is okay with him firing from every spot on the court, on an other board someone wrote Carmelo's like a wild rottweiler and he needs a solid point guard who holds the chain and decides when to bite. And that's absolutely right, Anthony reached the WCF because he had Chauncey - the chainholder.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The problem Carmelo doesn't really know when to shoot and Dumbtoni is okay with him firing from every spot on the court, on an other board someone wrote Carmelo's like a wild rottweiler and he needs a solid point guard who holds the chain and decides when to bite. And that's absolutely right, Anthony reached the WCF because he had Chauncey - the chainholder.

yeah but he was on fire that year because Karl and Billups put him scoring situations, Melo was playing top 3 ball then. Put him in the triangle and see how great he can be. D'Antoni can't coach guys like him and its a shame.

I agree he can get erratic at times but thats his killer instinct he needs to pick his spots better the problem is like I said look at his spots he's in, he's getting the shots off they're just not falling

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Crazy⑧s;198462 said:
Oh and before you post it, Baron Davis won't save this team. His backs ****ed, he's old, and he hasn't played in a very, very long time.

I agree with that. Baron Davis hasn't been the same since 2008. He is still one of the best passers in the NBA, but he lacks quickness, and he can no longer score at will.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont know about everybody else but I would watch Carmelo finger Lala

sholdnt surprise anyone. look at arod and jeter. what surprises me more is that some of you would trade Melo before Renaissance Man, who is past his prime and one awkward twist of the knees and the team has no star, at least Melo is more fresh and durable.

Thats on the money, green rep

Softemire makes Chris Bosh look like that russian dude from the 4th rocky movie, and Dirk is Rock. Stouderetire is Apollo Creed

KingofNy

Starter
I dont know about everybody else but I would watch Carmelo finger Lala

Thats on the money, green rep

Softemire makes Chris Bosh look like that russian dude from the 4th rocky movie, and Dirk is Rock. Stouderetire is Apollo Creed

I agree. Melo got Kia Player of the Month today as well. Blaming solely Stat or Melo for our problems is ridiculous anyways. This team has a bunch of problems.

nyk_nyk

All Star
First off,

I agree with the plausibility that there is a rift between them.

One reason STAT has been so shit, is that he has essentially become outwardly submissive in his play on the court -- while Anthony trots around (or really, stands around) with the rock.

It's a passive-aggressive attack...response..retaliation...whatever you want to call it, IMHO.

It's like when someone self-destructs (be it with a woman situation, eg) and just lets shit got to hell (a relationship, eg) because you feel pissed off, and usually somewhat hurt or offended, and by not saying shit about it really and letting Rome burn, it's both a natural human response to recoil and also a passive-aggressive way to respond.

Amare had a quote after DEN, and the precise words were quite powerful; it was something along the lines of:

"Well, Gallo is a great player. You know, but this is no surprise, he was a BEAST when he played with *me*"

This after he raped us like an American Pie, with ultra-efficiency. The same player who played the same game as STAT was hurling up those record 30pt performances, had the Knicks "back on the map", and had us cruising to above .500 records and the playoffs with house money (and a world of cap space).

This rift is perhaps ineluctable, to a degree. Lebron and Wade certainly clashed -- and still do -- but they are both more mature players, better players, and each possesses the skill of distribution and facilitating in their repertoire.

Carmelo's reputation as a selfish, ball-dominant player defies anything related to the NYK. It dates back to his entire tenure with DEN. Carmelo's instincts and habits defy the type of play which STAT thrives in and which STAT has engraved into his habits and instincts.

This doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to play better, even much better than they have, however.

A PG, and a "better" offense *OF COURSE* will improve them and they relationship. But to what end? To true championship-caliber ends? Could MDA, or any coach, implement some decent semblance of a nice half-court, set-play offense?

Yes.

But this is why we need MDA
I stopped reading after that.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I agree with that. Baron Davis hasn't been the same since 2008. He is still one of the best passers in the NBA, but he lacks quickness, and he can no longer score at will.

#1 You don't need quickness to be effective (see Andre Miller and Mark Jackson, just to name a few)

#2 Can no longer score at will? Based on what? He played well in CLE and LAC