Lin Is Back

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I never understood why we sent them down there in the first place. Their positions are the exact ones we are the thinnest in.

quiggle

Starter
they just bought Lin back up to celebrate Chineses New year afterwards he'll be back right down again

KingofNy

Starter
It's really really bad when we talk about a guy like Lin. Poor Knicks nation :boohoo:

No one really knows how good Lin is because he NEVER gets any play time. For all we know he could be good. MDA isn't the best judge of talent (Brewer, Randolph, playing Jared Jeffires, etc.)

I gotta disagree with ya man. TD just needs to get his confidence back up again. Let me refresh your memory on how TD used to play. lol

Idk bro...... that's how he USED to play. Now he just sucks major donkey **ck. We don't need a PG/SG tweener that has no idea on how to run an offense. And sadly, I don't think he'll ever learn how to. Whenever he gets on the court I cringe because I know how stagnant our offense is when he's running the point. His defense has declined and his shooting form is horrible.

finestrg

Rotation player
Idk bro...... that's how he USED to play. Now he just sucks major donkey **ck. We don't need a PG/SG tweener that has no idea on how to run an offense. And sadly, I don't think he'll ever learn how to. Whenever he gets on the court I cringe because I know how stagnant our offense is when he's running the point. His defense has declined and his shooting form is horrible.

Agree 100%.

jzero29

Rotation player
I gotta disagree with ya man. TD just needs to get his confidence back up again. Let me refresh your memory on how TD used to play. lol

If you watch that video...he has not one assist. At no point does he break a defense down to set up a teamate. He does beat a couple guys, only to take a low percentage circus shot over or around a big defender, that happens to beat the odds and go in. This year the odds are catching up. So do we need another undersized SG?especially one who's struggling with confidence and performance? I do agree he'd play better with more confidence, but we need a PG...Lin, never saw him play a minute...but he posts a tripple double... 12 assists. Granted D-league, but you don't get 12 assists without passing. Can't be worse then a struggling TD who at his best was decent.

I agree, he's lost confidence. He's a step slower...TD is on thin ice. Time for a change. bring in lin.

skisloper

Starter
TD grimaces in pain every game he is in.....He has missed almost every shot he takes in the past 5 games.....I love the guys determination and hustle but he is not playing well and one waonders the effect of teh surgeries.

As for Jeremy Lin....I dont think it can hurt for the guy to get 20 minutes....sho knows...

Funny how our D-Leaguers play so much better...when they are not under the command of D'ANT. This coach makes his best players look shitty... while praising his most shitty player JJ.

I think Lin can help this crummy system because he's a pass first PG. However, I think his SSOL shooting isn't dropping nearly enough for our wierd ass coach.

I'm sure if we had any other coach our guys will be way more productive and motivated...2 things I hardly see on this team.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Make Lin the backup to the point guard instead of Toney Douglas and let`s see what happens. It might work, it might not but the point is that we know that Toney cannot play at the point so why keep trying with something that you know doesn`t work and try something that just might . . . Oh wait, we have Dumphoney as coach. :barf:

jzero29

Rotation player
Make Lin the backup to the point guard instead of Toney Douglas and let`s see what happens. It might work, it might not but the point is that we know that Toney cannot play at the point so why keep trying with something that you know doesn`t work and try something that just might . . . Oh wait, we have Dumphoney as coach. :barf:
I wish he would. Besides that he won't. The thing is Lin deserves a look. B.Davis is returning and then neither TD or Lin will see much time. We've seen TD all year, lets see Lin for 2-3 games before Davis returns.

Starks

Starter
Folks the D-league isn't the NBA. It's not where pros go. His numbers might be good in a single YMCA game also but he's far from a pro. Every team he's been on has benched him for a reason. Just imagine all those bad practices he probably has under his belt and then remember the laughing stock he was the last time he played. It was embarrassing for not just the Knicks, but the NBA as well. If you watch the clips I think the refs were laughing at him also while he stumbled around on the court. Face it, this guy is nothing but a marketing move.

I also do believe this could be a move made just as nod to Chinese fans. The Chinese new year is a 2 week event with a lot of community and family gatherings.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't know why you guys think that him being Chinese and it being Chinese New Years has anything to do with him bring brought up. It's what teams do, send guys down for short stints in the dleague and then bring them back up. Seems more likely that because Lin and JJ killed it down there, the Knicks thought what are they going to learn down there.

Lin is not the answer and as bad as TD has been, I don't think Lin is better. Put your money on BD for a PG that can turn this team around.