Dumbphoney`s 8 man rotation WTF

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Okay folks, so we got a win. A win against the Pistons mind you but at the moment a win against a team of five year olds would be good news for us.

However our moron of a coach continues to show his complete ineptitude in continuing to play an 8 man rotation. Against the Pistons our only subs - baring the garbage time - were Douglas, Jeffries and Walker. This coach is famous for playing short rotations. That is bad enough in a normal length season because players are fatigued and more prone to picking up injuries. But what the f*** is Dumbphoney doing playing an 8 man rotation when we have this truncated season with games coming at us thick and fast.

We are about to experience a back to back to back. Will our coach play only 8 players during those three games? I`d like to think not but D`Antoni is a moron so he probably will. Our players will be exhausted and even worse, will become more likely to pick up injuries.

Surely our rotation must be extended? I think that Balkman, Novak, Lin, and Jordan could all give us some decent minutes off the bench and surely they must be used otherwise our players will be crawling down the court through sheer exhaustion.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol @ the idea that MDA knows how to win.

Steve Nash.

Nash seems to have been to D'Antoni, what Elway was to Shanahan...minus the championship.

I normally don't jump on board the thought process of "[insert coach] needed [insert HoF player] to win." But dammit, it's looking that way here.

An 8 man rotation during the regular season, be it 82 games or a shortened 66 game season, is kind of stupid....especially when your "system," "philosophy," "oh my god please bail me out because I don't know what I'm doing, style" is to run up and down the floor, take the first open shot, create extra possessions...usually resulting in transition plays, running back on D, rinsing and repeating....with a bunch of human beings who have the same cardiovascular system as the rest of us humans....you gotta have extra bodies in your rotation to spell your vital components. You. Have. To.

We don't need our key guys looking like this at season's end:

lv14rc-b78880967z120111121125036000gh513li571.jpg

While our opposition looks like this:

GYI0063336021_crop_450x500.jpg

A pocket of mins per game, for our 9th and 10th man, to cut down on the progressive fatigue is the answer, but if the offense is "shoot as soon as you can see the rim god dammit" then they're a liability to the offense. So....hmmmm...do we run our players into the ground for the sake of shooting 42%? Why? we're 8-13...

But then again, none of this means anything, because MDA is on record saying he "doesn't look at stats in that manner." Not exactly sure what he IS looking at and how he interprets it....but it's not working.

Paul1355

All Star
Okay folks, so we got a win. A win against the Pistons mind you but at the moment a win against a team of five year olds would be good news for us.

However our moron of a coach continues to show his complete ineptitude in continuing to play an 8 man rotation. Against the Pistons our only subs - baring the garbage time - were Douglas, Jeffries and Walker. This coach is famous for playing short rotations. That is bad enough in a normal length season because players are fatigued and more prone to picking up injuries. But what the f*** is Dumbphoney doing playing an 8 man rotation when we have this truncated season with games coming at us thick and fast.

We are about to experience a back to back to back. Will our coach play only 8 players during those three games? I`d like to think not but D`Antoni is a moron so he probably will. Our players will be exhausted and even worse, will become more likely to pick up injuries.

Surely our rotation must be extended? I think that Balkman, Novak, Lin, and Jordan could all give us some decent minutes off the bench and surely they must be used otherwise our players will be crawling down the court through sheer exhaustion.
good post.

Mike D HATES changing his ways. He wants a small rotation like he did in Phoenix. He CANT have his small rotation in this season. The 66 game schedule makes guys too tired.

But hey Mike D ran Amare too hard last year, he kept playing a hurt Melo this year. I wouldn't be suprised if somone gets hurt this year because he over played them.