Chandler working on his Jump Shot?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I was at the game early last night and saw he and Herb working on a 10-12 ft jumper and it looked good (so did Balkman's)

If he could add this to his repitore (not primary means of attack like Dantoni likes to do to his Big Men) then this would be huge for us

If teams can't pack the lanes this brings Amare's scoring back up to 21 plus each night easily.

It has been said that Amare is forcing his shot and forcing drives as well as "losing his explosiveness", all smoking mirrors!!!!!

Amare is doing the same exact thing he was doing this time last year and at the same level, what has happened is that teams are playing up on the jumper daring him to drive, when he does he's getting blocked, charging or missing the shot due to the D or occasionally hitting finishing which just shows his talent level!

If Tyson can force his man even just a couple feet out the paint, that will make us that more affective!

Last year during Stat's epic run of 30 plus he was doing it with Wilson,Shawne Williams and Gallo on the wing...this just spaced the floor too much for teams to try to double Amare effectively!

Now no way Tyson gets that sort of range....but it illustrates what a decent shooter does for Amare, plus it would open the lanes for drives from Feilds and Melo

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Chandler with a jumper would be huge for us. Im sure he'll develop one sooner or later our staff is A+ with helping our players develop there jumpers.

Lin working on his jumper can really elevate his game to.

David Lee- Jumper upgraded

Mozgov- Jumper upgraded

balkman- jumper upgraded

Shumpert- jumper somewhat upgraded

Jeffries- Jumper somewhat upgraded

Will the thrill- Jumper upgraded

iSaYughh

Starter
Nice thread. :thumbsup:

I agree with the ^ a lot, too.

D'antoni was actually quoted yesterday saying that he/they believe Lin can develop a solid shot; that his shot "isn't broken", and that it can be coached up.

Like NNY said, you basically never want to see Chandler shooing a jumper unless it's wide open, and in his sweet spot. Having to make teams respect and game for that shot is what is the key.

It will be an interesting off-season. I can't imagine us not going for broke with our full MLE, and hoping Nash or Mayo take it.

IMO, Mayo would thrive here, under D'antoni, and finally live up to his hype and potential.

The prospect of Lin playing under Nash for 2-3 years is also extremely enticing.
Fortunately, we have the rest of the season to evaluate our true big three (of long term strategy and planning):

Lin
Shumpert
Fields

Lin-Bibby-Shumpert
Mayo-Shumpert-Fields
Melo-Fields-Jeffries
Amare-Harrelson-Novak-Jeffries
Chandler-Novak-Harrelson-Jeffries

Could be quite profound. I Shump/Fields will be relied upon more, bringing in Nash for 2 years, having Lin play under him, and giving Shump and Fields more responsibility and PT also looks like a great option.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Honestly, I don't really see the need... I don't want him to start to use it too much and then before you know it hes chucking threes like Amar'e.

I just like the idea of him being as close to the rim as possible trying to either dunk it, lay up, tip in missed shots, or get offensive rebounds. Thats all I think he should worry about.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Honestly, I don't really see the need... I don't want him to start to use it too much and then before you know it hes chucking threes like Amar'e.

I just like the idea of him being as close to the rim as possible trying to either dunk it, lay up, tip in missed shots, or get offensive rebounds. Thats all I think he should worry about.

Again like me and others have stated it would not be the primary means of attack, but just a weapon.

Think Charles Oakley! Oak could knock it down when needed, but he knew his game was to be at the rim, but if the J presented itself he knocked it down

fender0577

Rotation player

At first, i was thinking the same thing, especially with antoni as the coach, but now that i think of it, he finds himself wide open, 10 feet away, a lot.I guess it wouldn't hurt, as long as antoni behaves himself.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
I've been saying for a while Chandler is probably impacting his play more then anything. We need better spacing, hopefully he can develope some sort of a jumper

Forrest17

Rotation player
Again like me and others have stated it would not be the primary means of attack, but just a weapon.

Think Charles Oakley! Oak could knock it down when needed, but he knew his game was to be at the rim, but if the J presented itself he knocked it down

I suppose as a last resort I think I'd be cool with it.. It could help open things up for Amar'e. I just don't want him to end up settling for jumpers too much.. Right now hes shooting like, 70% from the field, and when he doesn't make a shot he gets fouled. So almost any time he gets his hands on the ball near the rim he is scoring points, which would drop down a lot if he even considered the jumper imo.

iJoe

Rotation player
As long as he's only shooting when wide wide open with 3 defenders on Amare or Melo, I'm happy.

Last thing the Knicks need is yet another player settling for outside shots.

reuel

Rookie
why can't our bigs work on a back-to-the-basket post move instead? STAT or chandler can at least work on one steady post move.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Tyson had better be careful if he`s working on his jump shot. If Dumbphoney sees that he`ll have him camping out on the three point line shooting threes all game ala Jorts.

"Come on Tyson . . . clap,clap,clap . . . keep shooting . . . clap, clap, clap . . . let`s go,let`s go"