The Dominant Defensive Front of TC and JJ

metrocard

Legend
Jared and Tyson have been dominant these past 4 games...with addition of Lin's dominance...we have to keep these guys together...their chemistry right now is too strong.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Jared and Tyson have been dominant these past 4 games...with addition of Lin's dominance...we have to keep these guys together...their chemistry right now is too strong.

Having 4 quality players waiting in the wings in Amar'e, Melo, Davis, and Harrellson is getting me giddy.

I hope adding them to what these group of guys have done recently won't mess up the mojo.

KingofNy

Starter

I totally take back all the bad stuff I said about Jared Jeffries. The guy proved me wrong in every way and used the right way he is amazing and has been the KEY to our 4-game winning streak. He's been killing the boards, hustling, playing good defense and running the pick & roll to perfection. I was dead wrong and I can't be more glad! :gony:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I totally take back all the bad stuff I said about Jared Jeffries. The guy proved me wrong in every way and used the right way he is amazing and has been the KEY to our 4-game winning streak. I was dead wrong and I can't be more glad! :gony:

JJ is a poor man's Ben Wallace. Pure hustle and effort. I love it! :beer:

KingCharles34

All Star
Having 4 quality players waiting in the wings in Amar'e, Melo, Davis, and Harrellson is getting me giddy.

I hope adding them to what these group of guys have done recently won't mess up the mojo.

Harrelson will fit right in but i have questions about the other three

smokes

Huge Member

We should go back to using STAT at C when Tyson rests. Jefferies can play 30MPG and be effective he's proven it these last several games. Jefferies could log the most minutes at PF while STAT slides between the 4 and the 5.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Jeffries and Chandler looking like twin tower (Hakeem & Sampson) & (Robinson & Duncan) in the midle of the court.

I am afraid of the chemistry that Melo or Stat will take away from Lin flow, but defensively thay are not that quick on the rotation.

We need Melo back healthy. When he is not healthy, he can't shoot from the perimeter. Guys like Fields Shumpert Bibby lack confident from the 3 point shot. Walker inconsistent. Novak and Lin carry our offense, while Chandler Jeffries lead our defense.

metrocard

Legend
We should go back to using STAT at C when Tyson rests. Jefferies can play 30MPG and be effective he's proven it these last several games. Jefferies could log the most minutes at PF while STAT slides between the 4 and the 5.

cena_whistling_gif.gif

CoolClyde

Giraffe for Real

ok, granted the Giraffe has been getting it done, but he's still horrific offensively, and I'd still
rather see Jerry Jordan getting some minutes. Jordan played with Lin before, he did well,
he knows how to finish, WHY is he wasting away on the bench? this short rotation makes me sick;
it's working now, but coach Macaroni is going to bite off more than he can chew eventually.
Lin just may be his savior...

Chandler is a monster, the best true center we've had in years. the Lin-Chandler (Chand-Lin?)
PG-C combo is something that's been missing in NY Knicks basketball for eons, nice to see it back.
giraffe_free.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
This thread of Tyson & Jefferies performance is one of the Top-3 reasons
for the success of PG-Lin-Sanity 4 game win streak.

Tyson Chandler & Jefferies forever movement around the ball on
offense/defense in the frontcourt....with huge help from Fields & Shump
in the backcourt was the big difference in the past 4 games.

The four-players "accepted" Lin by showing great confidence in Lin's
judgements (pumping Lin up on mistakes and great plays), and Lin returning
their favor by complimenting them with the ball for easy shots....co-exist.
I didnt get angry at Jefferies for missing easily layups consistently like I used to,
because of all the other small things he did to lead to a Knicks Lin-WIN.

Kiyaman

Legend
What will the Knicks do now?
Tyson Chandler & Jared Jefferies co-exist as a winning defensive frontcourt
tandem that won 5 straight games in a 7 games in 10 day stretch.
I can not leave out foward-Novak outstanding performance in the lineup with
Tyson & Jefferies.

How do we confront this situation without making it a problem by adding
(32+ minute of playingtime) PF-Stat & SF-Melo into the mix?

As much as I like Jorts NCAA playoff performance, being Jorts biggest Knicks fan
on draft night....I am glad he is out of the Knicks rotation with (a wrist) injury.
Jorts has picked-up bad-habit after bad-habit in his NBA performance.
Instead of Jorts being a PF like "Horry" and saving his 3-Ball shooting talent
for crunch-time moments or at least the final seconds on the shot clock....
having a big 6.10 Jorts run to the 3-ball line every time on the offensive-end
of the court expecting a pass to shoot 3-balls to please a certain person angers me.
What happen to bigmen rookies being develope to keep the ball above their
heads to pass or shoot, or how to box-out, blockshots, rebound, put backs,
screen, pick n roll small defenders into the paint???
And K.O. members wonder why I want headcoach Dantoni FIRED FIRED FIRED

CoolClyde

What will the Knicks do now?
Tyson Chandler & Jared Jefferies co-exist as a winning defensive frontcourt
tandem that won 5 straight games in a 7 games in 10 day stretch.
I can not leave out foward-Novak outstanding performance in the lineup with
Tyson & Jefferies.

How do we confront this situation without making it a problem by adding
(32+ minute of playingtime) PF-Stat & SF-Melo into the mix?

As much as I like Jorts NCAA playoff performance, being Jorts biggest Knicks fan
on draft night....I am glad he is out of the Knicks rotation with (a wrist) injury.
Jorts has picked-up bad-habit after bad-habit in his NBA performance.
Instead of Jorts being a PF like "Horry" and saving his 3-Ball shooting talent
for crunch-time moments or at least the final seconds on the shot clock....
having a big 6.10 Jorts run to the 3-ball line every time on the offensive-end
of the court expecting a pass to shoot 3-balls to please a certain person angers me.
What happen to bigmen rookies being develope to keep the ball above their
heads to pass or shoot, or how to box-out, blockshots, rebound, put backs,
screen, pick n roll small defenders into the paint???

And K.O. members wonder why I want headcoach Dantoni FIRED FIRED FIRED

has a big man ever been developed in the 4 years of Macaroni's reign?
Anthony Randolph, Jerome Jordan, Chris Wilcox, Darko, Jordan Hill, Eddy Curry, Jerome James... well Ok, the last 2 blew donkey dick, but you get the picture... all spent more time on the bench than the marquee floor. the result of a short rotation relying more on shooters. yet how will Novak get his minutes with the return of Amare and Melo? only Lin can provide the answers...

Kiyaman

Legend
has a big man ever been developed in the 4 years of Macaroni's reign?
Anthony Randolph, Jerome Jordan, Chris Wilcox, Darko, Jordan Hill, Eddy Curry, Jerome James... well Ok, the last 2 blew donkey dick, but you get the picture... all spent more time on the bench than the marquee floor. the result of a short rotation relying more on shooters. yet how will Novak get his minutes with the return of Amare and Melo? only Lin can provide the answers...

:agreed:
Great point....if Tyson Chandler wouldnt have won a ring, and demanded
$14M per, Dantoni would have Tyson on the DNP bench too.
Amare have to many bad-habits from playing under Dantoni, and he realized
it playing under headcoach Gentry.
Last season this time Amare was pissed with Dantoni's coaching before the
Melo trade went down.