Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Baron Davis

Jerome Jordan
Bill Walker
Toney Douglas
Mike Bibby

I THINK MOST OF YOU KNOW WHICH TEAM I LOVE

My only probelm with the Melo trade was we gave up too much depth. We're starting to replenish that. That's why I gotta go with this team. Melo>>>> Gallo

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I honestly loved our team before the trade. But finally we added some depth, Lin's exploded, Chandler's been great, Fields got back where he left off last February, Shumpert's been doing some great job, our bench players have been playing above average. Everyone's invloved and we aren't even at our full strength. We also play some impressive defense. I think right now we are a team than before the trade, it wasn't the case right after the deal was done and throughout the first weeks of the season, but now we're just better.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I honestly loved our team before the trade. But finally we added some depth, Lin's exploded, Chandler's been great, Fields got back where he left off last February, Shumpert's been doing some great job, our bench players have been playing above average. Everyone's invloved and we aren't even at our full strength. We also play some impressive defense. I think right now we are a team than before the trade, it wasn't the case right after the deal was done and throughout the first weeks of the season, but now we're just better.

yeah everything has finally come together for us, we are finally complete which is why I think we'll see a big win streak started I mean we shouldn't lose to anymore bad teams with this depth and should play all the elite teams extremely tough and we all know Lin is gonna start to slow down either by getting burnt out from D'Antoni or defenses just taking him out the game which is why the return of Melo is key for us and our title hopes

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Was this thread made to back the Carmelo trade? If it was, it's way off the mark. Lin, Novak, Chandler, JR Smith - nothing to do with it.

This team by miles.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;209429 said:
Was this thread made to back the Carmelo trade? If it was, it's way off the mark. Lin, Novak, Chandler, JR Smith - nothing to do with it.

This team by miles.

mainly made it because people say we were a better team before the trade but most of us kept saying we aren't a finished product yet and now that we have all the pieces we need I wanna know who still feels this team isn't better

without the Melo trade, Tyson doesn't come, Smith doesn't come, Lin doesn't get a chance to play(mainly cause Felton is still here and Melo told D'Antoni to give him a shot)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's all true.

Was it the trade that made this team better though? No. Circumstance. Before Lin came and provided the most talked about story in sports in a long time, we were suffering because of the trade and the Billups amnesty.

Try as you might, advocating the trade as the reason for our success doesn't work. I think you know that. I told you so doesn't apply here.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;209444 said:
That's all true.

Was it the trade that made this team better though? No. Circumstance. Before Lin came and provided the most talked about story in sports in a long time, we were suffering because of the trade and the Billups amnesty.

Try as you might, advocating the trade as the reason for our success doesn't work. I think you know that. I told you so doesn't apply here.
I think if Dolan is the reason why the trade was made, it was a terrible one.

If Donnie made it, it was a good one. Billups, MLEs, younger player development, our team being more attractive for players to sign for lesser deals, etc., would have been better than the first team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;209444 said:
That's all true.

true but I'm not saying that I'm saying we were judging everything prematurely now that we have a team comparable to Denver we can say which team we rather have

In no way am I saying I told you so, I'm just saying with the team we have now is far better then the team guys were complaining they wanted back

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
In no way am I saying I told you so, I'm just saying with the team we have now is far better then the team guys were complaining they wanted back

At that time, not a single one of those people could have seen this coming, and Jeremy Lin wasn't on anyone's mind.

Getting on to those people now is pointless and irrelevant.

Of course everyone would prefer this team, but at the time people saying such things, myself included, were unhappy with what the team had become as a result of blowing it up for Melo who couldn't get us wins and could have come as a free agent. At that time this team didn't exist as it does now.

We are so incredibly lucky that things have worked out as they have. It's amazing! Now Melo's returning, and we'll find out what happens with this team almost at full capacity.