PDA

View Full Version : So what is it now? TO MANY POINT GUARDS???

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 22:41
Man. These last few games really put MDA's true coaching ability in a light that all can see. This cat just aint getting it done.:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Boston was an end of the game debacle. :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Dallas he takes the players out that gave him his only lead late in the game.
:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Tonight the team doesnt show up at all. :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

Can someone explain to me how Jorts can get 5 offensive rebounds in limited minutes yet the coach wants him playing above the 3 point line? :fazer:MDA:machinegun:

My expectations for this team is at an all time low. I wont get excited about the Knicks (NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS) until this coach is shown the door.

We're NOT winning a chip with him no matter how much talent is accumulated.

:fazer:MDA:machinegun:

RunningJumper
Mar 07, 2012, 22:46
I am not a happy camper either. Clearly everything is not his fault, but something doesn't seem like this group of players could be this bad with a good coach. I don't know. I'm not gonna point fingers. This has gotten ugly quick.

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 22:49
I am not a happy camper either. Clearly everything is not his fault, but something doesn't seem like this group of players could be this bad with a good coach. I don't know. I'm not gonna point fingers. This has gotten ugly quick.

I'm beyond not being happy. I'm numb. Almost Isiah Thomas numb. And to think I said we'd only lose 5 games in the 2nd half. Cheesh what was I smoking...

petescud
Mar 07, 2012, 22:51
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Painful watching. Sometimes i wonder if some guys are quitting on Dantoni, but then i realize they'd be quitting on the team too. Just sad to see us look lost on the court. Sometimes i wonder if Melo and Stat sat, if we'd win 7 in the row again...lol, i know i'm crazy

RunningJumper
Mar 07, 2012, 22:53
I'm beyond not being happy. I'm numb. Almost Isiah Thomas numb. And to think I said we'd only lose 5 games in the 2nd half. Cheesh what was I smoking...
Out of nowhere the game tonight I felt like I did pre-Linsanity. That's not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all. Except this time we're deep and do have a bright future, but it's SUCH a letdown the way they played. I could take a loss, but not like this.

WVKnickfan
Mar 07, 2012, 22:57
No its not all his fault but he does deserve half the blame.This team was playing GREAT when melo was out.Then when he comes back.. the team plays like dogs. Now that goes to show you that something is going on with these players and they deserve alot of the blame also.A team cannot play that great WITHOUT their so called superstar but when he comes back they stink. This problem goes futher than any coach!!

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:02
Couldn't agree more with the OP. Painful watching. Sometimes i wonder if some guys are quitting on Dantoni, but then i realize they'd be quitting on the team too. Just sad to see us look lost on the court. Sometimes i wonder if Melo and Stat sat, if we'd win 7 in the row again...lol, i know i'm crazy

Not that I'm an NBA coach, but I see so many things that could be done better. I mean basic stuff.

smokes
Mar 07, 2012, 23:03
MDA is not a horrible coach. If he coaches his system and gets players that fit his system it's great. If he doesn't then his deficiencies shine.

This roster does not and never will fit his system. We need a new coach. Are the players tanking right now to get coach shown the door? Was that their plan pre-Lin and Lin came along and screwed it all up?

That's a bit too conspiracy for me but either way I am fed up with this no offense no defense ball.

BIG APPLE SPORTS
Mar 07, 2012, 23:05
MDA is not a horrible coach. If he coaches his system and gets players that fit his system it's great. If he doesn't then his deficiencies shine.

This roster does not and never will fit his system. We need a new coach. Are the players tanking right now to get coach shown the door? Was that their plan pre-Lin and Lin came along and screwed it all up?

That's a bit too conspiracy for me but either way I am fed up with this no offense no defense ball.

D'antoni isn't a bad coach?
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/betsw88/gifs/tumblr_ld1b2lorjV1qavd3x.gif

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:06
Out of nowhere the game tonight I felt like I did pre-Linsanity. That's not a good feeling, not a good feeling at all. Except this time we're deep and do have a bright future, but it's SUCH a letdown the way they played. I could take a loss, but not like this.

The feeling hit me when I saw what a real coach does as opposed to MDA. S A shoots their fair share of threes, but they were absolutely pounding the paint. They were posting up Tiago Splitter? Who sucks and looks like he's a worst player than Jerome Jordan. We're content with shooting jump shots...

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:09
No its not all his fault but he does deserve half the blame.This team was playing GREAT when melo was out.Then when he comes back.. the team plays like dogs. Now that goes to show you that something is going on with these players and they deserve alot of the blame also.A team cannot play that great WITHOUT their so called superstar but when he comes back they stink. This problem goes futher than any coach!!

I dont see how adding a better player than what was playing back then has this much of an effect. There is absolutely nothing Bill Walker can do better than Melo on a basketball court. Winning and playing ball should have gotten easier...

RunningJumper
Mar 07, 2012, 23:11
The feeling hit me when I saw what a real coach does as opposed to MDA. S A shoots their fair share of threes, but they were absolutely pounding the paint. They were posting up Tiago Splitter? Who sucks and looks like he's a worst player than Jerome Jordan. We're content with shooting jump shots...
I fear MDA is encouraging Lin to shoot long range.

I'm not the first guy to want to see somebody fired, but the thought of Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, etc. coaching this team sounds enticing like a max contract player added to this squad without losing anybody.

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:12

He may not be bad, but he definitely isnt good. I'm just tired of the underachieving by this team under this coach...

WVKnickfan
Mar 07, 2012, 23:20
I dont see how adding a better player than what was playing back then has this much of an effect. There is absolutely nothing Bill Walker can do better than Melo on a basketball court. Winning and playing ball should have gotten easier...

Im not blaming melo.. Look back at the records thow!! the knicks won without him and now are losing with him.

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:26
Well back then Lin was taking over games. Now that teams have adjusted and cut off his dashes into the paint its harder for us to score.

Which brings up another point entirely. Why dont we do the same things to opposing PGs on defense? Rondo and Parker absolutely killed us. It's things like this that MDA doesnt do that has me concerned. If it works against you, it could also work for you...

WVKnickfan
Mar 07, 2012, 23:34
Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.:barf:

NYk_Reloaded718
Mar 07, 2012, 23:39
F>i>r>e> Dantoni

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:40
Lin took the most shots when they was on that run but they were also spreading the ball around to everybody.Why can't they keep doing that with melo back is beyond me.It should be easier with stat and melo but it looks like im wrong. I agree with you on the defense! The knicks should do the same thing to every pg that plays like lin.This game can be so easy but the knicks makes me think chess is easy to play.:barf:

We were shooting the ball well while Melo was out. I dont think we're shooting as well, and we're not getting as many layups because of the defense on Lin. I could be mistaken, but I havent seen a pick & roll work in 3 games...

RunningJumper
Mar 07, 2012, 23:43
This also shows the importance of Jeffries (and Chandler, obviously).

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:45
I wonder if MDA has ever uttered these statements:

They're taking this away so we're going to do that...

They're doing this on offense so we have to do that...

I've heard him say we've got to shot it better.

I've heard him say we have to play better defense.

But I've never heard him say anything close to adjusting on offense or defense...

WVKnickfan
Mar 07, 2012, 23:46
You are right about the pick and rolls,its a no show just like the team ball/ball movement is a no show.I hav'nt seen nothing like this with a team that has two star players in the league look so bad.

WVKnickfan
Mar 07, 2012, 23:50
Im out clyde,it was good talking to you.Talk to you tomorrow maybe.

smokes
Mar 07, 2012, 23:52
D'antoni isn't a bad coach?
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/betsw88/gifs/tumblr_ld1b2lorjV1qavd3x.gif

He is a bad coach with our roster. He was Coach of the Year with his roster in PHX.

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 07, 2012, 23:56
Im out clyde,it was good talking to you.Talk to you tomorrow maybe.

Cool...:afro:

NYCLakerfan
Mar 08, 2012, 01:22
Biggest problem is the coach, now that Lin is back to reality MDA is being exposed as a coach that over relies on his PG's. He has prob the most balanced roster top to bottom but he does not utilize them properly at all. I understand he has a system but if they players don't fit you have to make adjustments.

I'd actually like to see Van Gundy get another shot in NY, it would be interesting to see what he could do with this roster.

JS3
Mar 08, 2012, 03:53
It will be refreshing to see a new coach whatever the squad is.

people on this forum are smart and know basketball, basketball isnt science, its played simple, but when its get complicated(triangle, ssol, etc'), well, that is where superstars & role players shouled gel & melo(:boohoo:) together.

i was so excited to get Amare, and afterwards carmelo, i thought that they will jam together on the floor, but what they are doing is running from responsibility.

number 1 basic rule in basketball is, when things get wrong, go to basic, that's what JLIN and Tyson made, that's what we liked and were hyped so much, but now?

all i here in the post game is excuses from stat mainly(no energy, no spacing, bla bla bla), who are you blaming, it was un-excusable what he did with the PnR on T Parker, and our coach? did nothing.

we have great offensive assets but we are not using them correctly, we have ourselves a Triangle, like we wanted, but a different one:

D'anthony
STAT Melo

every time you juggle with one or two with the above, something happen.

we brhought Woodson, defense is better, STAT is out, JJ is in with better D, Melo is out, less ISO, both of them out, Linsation occur.

only when all 3 is in place:
Stat & Melo healthy
D'antony feels safe

the **** is hitting the fan('s)

i really don't know what to expect from our Knickerbockers, we are 8th, hopefully will not fall beacause all of us want some playoff time, is it?

what is worse, Boston sweep? or Miamy?

jeeezzz......:alert:

Eman
Mar 08, 2012, 04:39
Mike Woodson? I just hope we make the playoffs at this point.

miked1958
Mar 08, 2012, 07:00
He lost that Boston game cause instead of fouling pierce with four seconds left he allows him to shoot the 3. A shot he was hitting from out there all night. He gave that game away. U or I which know nothing about coaching put pierce on the line for the one free throw, then the very low % slam the ball off rim and hope to get a tip in last second....duh

miked1958
Mar 08, 2012, 07:01
He should be fired just off that stupid decision

fender0577
Mar 08, 2012, 08:00
I said this all along, give him his PG, so he can be exposed, for the bad coach he is.It's like putting a BAN-AID, on a gunshot wound with this guy, a PG won't help all his shortcomings as a coach.From, no in game adjustments(AT ALL), to bench your stars, for long periods of time, for no good reason.Not calling TO's to stop runs, to not fouling to prevent the shoot everyone knows the other teams looking for,to using a 7man rotation, when you have a least 9 good players.We have 2, career 24PPG scorers, yet both of them, go 5,6,7,+ possessions without touching the ball, this is unacceptable, any coach worth a damn, could get these guys there shots.

BachaCho
Mar 08, 2012, 09:29
WTF did i say? D antoni is going to turn Lin into shooting 3's machine

NYallDay
Mar 08, 2012, 09:42
I said this all along, give him his PG, so he can be exposed, for the bad coach he is.It's like putting a BAN-AID, on a gunshot wound with this guy, a PG won't help all his shortcomings as a coach.From, no in game adjustments(AT ALL), to bench your stars, for long periods of time, for no good reason.Not calling TO's to stop runs, to not fouling to prevent the shoot everyone knows the other teams looking for,to using a 7man rotation, when you have a least 9 good players.We have 2, career 24PPG scorers, yet both of them, go 5,6,7,+ possessions without touching the ball, this is unacceptable, any coach worth a damn, could get these guys there shots.

Agree with all the points everyone is making over here.....what i've noticed to over the last few games is the following:
During Lin-sanity, teams didnt know about jlin, they didnt scout him and try to take away his right. Also the fact that he play inferior point guards also helped.
When Melo came back, after that Dallas win, teams coincidentally started to gameplan for Jlin. And what works is trapping him above the 3pt line. From there on out, every game we lost, if you look, teams trap Jlin and he doesnt get rid of the ball quickly.

This is precisely what we didnt anticipate would happen when Melo returned. All along we said we'd be even better because as soon as Jlin is trapped you swing the ball over and Melo would beast one on one. But the problem is Jlin runs away towards the halfcourt when hes getting double teamed and hes so far out near the halfcourt line, the double teamer as time to go back to his man. All this takes up clock and then we are forced into either Jlin drive in (he turns it over or takes a bad short shot) or he pulls up a the 3pt line with a hand in his face.

Mike needs to figure out a way to get the ball out of Jlin's hands fast when he gets doubleteamed so the defense is at a disadvantage and we can make our move. Or Jlin needs to learn how to split it (i.e. Chris Paul is the best at this). For someone whose an offensive genius, Mike is a dunce when it comes to making adjustments on the fly. Actually not even on the fly, we've had the same thing happen to us since the boston game and still no tweaks. :barf:

nyk_nyk
Mar 08, 2012, 09:54
Biggest problem is the coach, now that Lin is back to reality MDA is being exposed as a coach that over relies on his PG's. He has prob the most balanced roster top to bottom but he does not utilize them properly at all. I understand he has a system but if they players don't fit you have to make adjustments.

I'd actually like to see Van Gundy get another shot in NY, it would be interesting to see what he could do with this roster.

THIS IS IT!!!!!

Obviously, our two stars have to play a bit better as well but this is it. The Linsanity was a combination of teams not being prepared for his style of play plus we played mostly bad teams during that 7 game stretch.

I notice every team we play now (thx to MIA) knows to trap Lin near half court or in the paint. He's still effective but not nearly as much and his passing game has regressed a bit. He will learn but it only gets harder for him at this point. Even more so in the playoffs when teams can fully gameplan for an entire series.

nyk_nyk
Mar 08, 2012, 10:01
Agree with all the points everyone is making over here.....what i've noticed to over the last few games is the following:
During Lin-sanity, teams didnt know about jlin, they didnt scout him and try to take away his right. Also the fact that he play inferior point guards also helped.
When Melo came back, after that Dallas win, teams coincidentally started to gameplan for Jlin. And what works is trapping him above the 3pt line. From there on out, every game we lost, if you look, teams trap Jlin and he doesnt get rid of the ball quickly.

This is precisely what we didnt anticipate would happen when Melo returned. All along we said we'd be even better because as soon as Jlin is trapped you swing the ball over and Melo would beast one on one. But the problem is Jlin runs away towards the halfcourt when hes getting double teamed and hes so far out near the halfcourt line, the double teamer as time to go back to his man. All this takes up clock and then we are forced into either Jlin drive in (he turns it over or takes a bad short shot) or he pulls up a the 3pt line with a hand in his face.

Mike needs to figure out a way to get the ball out of Jlin's hands fast when he gets doubleteamed so the defense is at a disadvantage and we can make our move. Or Jlin needs to learn how to split it (i.e. Chris Paul is the best at this). For someone whose an offensive genius, Mike is a dunce when it comes to making adjustments on the fly. Actually not even on the fly, we've had the same thing happen to us since the boston game and still no tweaks. :barf:
Damn I basically repeated everything you said before I even read your post.

You get a +1 for that sir!

NYallDay
Mar 08, 2012, 11:20
Damn I basically repeated everything you said before I even read your post.

You get a +1 for that sir!

appreciate tha props

Clyde & The Pearl
Mar 08, 2012, 13:05
What happened to the Dantoni Lovers? (Sounds like a Pizza Hut pizza) Ron, Kblack et all. I'd love to get their opinion on what has transpired the last few games...

JazRedGT
Mar 08, 2012, 14:02
THIS IS IT!!!!!

Obviously, our two stars have to play a bit better as well but this is it. The Linsanity was a combination of teams not being prepared for his style of play plus we played mostly bad teams during that 7 game stretch.

I notice every team we play now (thx to MIA) knows to trap Lin near half court or in the paint. He's still effective but not nearly as much and his passing game has regressed a bit. He will learn but it only gets harder for him at this point. Even more so in the playoffs when teams can fully gameplan for an entire series.

It doesn't help when your STAR teammates can't hit a damn shot. Or when your STAR PF does a pick n' roll with and lets the entire WORLD know he's open by immediately throwing both his hands up into the air. OHHH OHHHHH LOOK AT ME EVERYONE IM OPEN!! You gotta be incognegroe with that **** as you roll to the basket. If he could jump and catch an ally, it would also help so teams would play back on him on the roll. Instead they crowd him so he can't get a low pass.

Melo cant make a jumper to save his life. 38% shooting for the season.

J.R. Smith cant shoot since first game here.

Fields can't play with Melo on the floor cause Melo is stagnant and doesnt keep the defenders moving.

Lin gets trapped and double teamed constantly cause the only person he can pass to and know is gonna sink a shot is Novak who is now being smothered by the other team.

There is a reason why every time we won in the past 15 games, Lin had 8+ assists and Novak had 15+ points. It's not rocket science people. Our star PF is no longer the threat he was inside and our star SF has lost his shooting touch because he cant jack 20+ shots a game anymore.

stannhuang1
Mar 08, 2012, 17:33
they should give some minutes to Toney Douglas on the SG position. Let him and Shump/Landry share minutes, so that all of them can be quite fresh

red32
Mar 08, 2012, 17:57
Let's say that we put Lin back on the bench and let Melo and Stat have as touches as they want, and you think we'll start winning?! Haven't we played this game before?