Stoudemire Is Expected to Miss Rest of Heat Series

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Amar?e Stoudemire does not have significant damage from smashing his left hand into a fire extinguisher?s glass case shortly after the Knicks lost Game 2 in Miami on Monday night, but he will miss the remainder of the series against the Heat, according to a person with direct knowledge of Stoudemire?s status.

Stoudemire did not sustain any broken bones or tendon, ligament or nerve damage, the person said. The Knicks, who are already battered with injuries and staring at a 2-0 deficit, are expected to issue a formal statement Tuesday afternoon.

Stoudemire injured his hand in the visiting locker room, and a bizarre scene ensued at the American Airlines Center. Reporters were prevented from entering the locker room for some time and blood was spotted on the carpet. So far the only person to speak on the subject has been Stoudemire, through Twitter.

READ MORE:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/s...-is-expected-to-miss-rest-of-heat-series.html

Wow... don't know what to say about this.

iSaYughh

Starter
While this probably good for us, you don't give a crook brownie points just because he ****s up after the heist and gets caught.

Epic Fail for Epic Fraudemire.

Sage

Rotation player
untitled-1l7y7l.gif

Sage

Rotation player
Fans are going to get on him now....might run him out of NY

Well it is 2 years in a row he's done something stupid to put him out of the playoffs. Last year was the trick dunk during warmups, this year is the punch.

But he always seems to say the right thing at the right time (I think Crazy8's said that earlier) but his game hasn't been doing much talking. This year he was on about him growing an extra inch (wtf) and is going to beast on people. So presumably next season he'll be 7 foot and 280 pounds.

Last edited:
Atleast most Knicks fans have an excuse now for our second straight sweep.

Guys should thank Amar'e for keeping their illusions intact that we are 'the real deal' and playing 'for it all' this season.

Well guys the truth is hard to take at times, but everything else is called schizophrenic disorder.

Face it, we're trash again and Miami cooked our asses.

It was close last year against Boston in games 1 and 2, but this year we look like children playing against men, which is rather embarassing, because the Heat got enough bitches themselves (Bosh, Lebron to anme two).

But they gave us a good whoopin'.

When Amar'E was on the court, when Lin played and when Chandler didn't have the flu.

They beat us comfortably every single time this season.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Maybe we can finally win a game now

Melo can be Melo

Tyson can be Tyson ( i noticed Tyson is more focused on rebounds and locking the paint down when Amare is NOT in the game .... he also draws more fouls)

i expect the spacing to be legit and the passing to be legit

This still kind of sucks because Iman is gone

nyk_nyk

All Star
Maybe we can finally win a game now

Melo can be Melo

Tyson can be Tyson ( i noticed Tyson is more focused on rebounds and locking the paint down when Amare is NOT in the game .... he also draws more fouls)

i expect the spacing to be legit and the passing to be legit

This still kind of sucks because Iman is gone

Overall, I don't think the team is better without Amare but at least they can go back to the last lineup that actually worked. Although it probably won't make any difference against this Heat team, plus we don't have Shump.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Overall, I don't think the team is better without Amare but at least they can go back to the last lineup that actually worked. Although it probably won't make any difference against this Heat team, plus we don't have Shump.
I respect your opinion about the team not being better without Amare.

I just think we play better as a TEAM, without Amare and i think our defense & Rebounding is also improved.

I'm one of the few who still just don't see Amare/Melo as a fit together. What i see on the floor is "ok melo here's the ball ill move out the way so you can iso" and "ok stat here its your turn ill get out the way so you can iso next" the court is way to tight for Chandler, Melo & amare. Chandler cant stretch the floor Amare and Melo games are to similar making it easier to guard us.

I mean whens the last time you've seen Melo and Amare work a pick and roll to perfection or a Lob from Amare to Melo for the easy buckets. It works with Amare at the 5 and Melo at the 4, but we wont win anything like that and we def wont win anything with our 2 stars playing iso ball all series.

Im watching the Denver vs Laker game last night and im just like damn the way Gasol and Bynum are able to find each other is amazing two Bonafide 7 footers passing the ball fluently to each other taking advantage of their size down low. Then i look back at the Knicks and think to myself.... why cant Chandler and Amare work like that... why cant Amare find a way to lob it to chandler or just toss it up there to wear chandler is able to grab control of the ball for a dunk or layup, i know Chandler is not a offensive threat like Bynum but if he has the ball in a decent position he is going up for the dunk which probably leads to a foul and FT.

Idk man, i think a stretch 4 would benefit this team better... like "marcus morris" "channing frye" "Barganani" 'illyasova" players that can stretch the floor open as far as to the 3 point line to the point where if you double you pay the price... even like a post up PF "Al jefferson" or "scola" could even fit.

We played better without Melo and Amare together on the court at the same time. I think he would be better coming off the bench...just to keep other teams on their heels.

As far as this series goes....we can only win if Landry and Davis have spectacular games. When Shump went down...so did my expectations. All I have now is hope...and a dream that they will do what the Giants did. That dream is slowly being turned into a cup of coffee.

tiger0330

Legend
Team wasn't bad with Melo playing the 4, we won without Stat during the regular season but the Heat are a different animal. They will smother Melo no matter what position he plays.

I just hope we can win a couple of games in the playoffs and not be 0 for the last 11 years.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
If landry continues to **** the bed will the Knicks make an offer sheet? I think we should go shopping for shannon brown like we did two years ago

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm one of the few who still just don't see Amare/Melo as a fit together. What i see on the floor is "ok melo here's the ball ill move out the way so you can iso" and "ok stat here its your turn ill get out the way so you can iso next" the court is way to tight for Chandler, Melo & amare. Chandler cant stretch the floor Amare and Melo games are to similar making it easier to guard us.

Im watching the Denver vs Laker game last night and im just like damn the way Gasol and Bynum are able to find each other is amazing two Bonafide 7 footers passing the ball fluently to each other taking advantage of their size down low. Then i look back at the Knicks and think to myself.... why cant Chandler and Amare work like that... why cant Amare find a way to lob it to chandler or just toss it up there to wear chandler is able to grab control of the ball for a dunk or layup, i know Chandler is not a offensive threat like Bynum but if he has the ball in a decent position he is going up for the dunk which probably leads to a foul and FT.

Idk man, i think a stretch 4 would benefit this team better... like "marcus morris" "channing frye" "Barganani" 'illyasova" players that can stretch the floor open as far as to the 3 point line to the point where if you double you pay the price... even like a post up PF "Al jefferson" or "scola" could even fit.

I agree. Melo and amare rarely play a two man game. One of the reasons I believe is simple... Everyone in the league knows what Amare needs to be effective! If you gameplan for Amare, you basically take away the pick and roll, that's it! This is what happens when at 6'11" you don't have a post game. He's either shooting jumpers or trying to get a PnR from anyone who has the ball. That's not gonna cut it.

Another issue is that when Melo has the ball, too many people are just watching instead of making cuts. Despite whan many think, Melo will pass the ball if someone is open and unguarded.

He thinks he will be back for game 4.

He told the media that he didn't know there was a fire extinguiser on the wall...he just wanted to make some noise and swung his hand at the wall as he walked into the room.... catching the glass casing instead. Apparently, he didn't even know he was cut until Jorts told him he was bleeding. Talk about dumb luck.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I agree. Melo and amare rarely play a two man game. One of the reasons I believe is simple... Everyone in the league knows what Amare needs to be effective! If you gameplan for Amare, you basically take away the pick and roll, that's it! This is what happens when at 6'11" you don't have a post game. He's either shooting jumpers or trying to get a PnR from anyone who has the ball. That's not gonna cut it.

Another issue is that when Melo has the ball, too many people are just watching instead of making cuts. Despite whan many think, Melo will pass the ball if someone is open and unguarded.

I agree that they don't play well together but I don't agree on your assessment of Amare. Up until this season he's had a good post up game. When he gets in the paint he usually scores. The fact that he can occasionally hit an outside shot is a bonus.

Where he is limited is in creating his own shot. He needs a really good point guard to be most effective. Melo on the other hand can't do it all and the team has to be ready to step up offensively. There seem to be some trust issues on his end.