Lin apparently signed $40M offer sheet from Houston. NY have 3 days to match

What should the penalty for racist behavior be on here?

• Ban

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Temporary ban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warning

• Scolding

• Whatever! I'm sure we can just ignore it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Rockets have come to terms with Jeremy Lin on an offer sheet. Specific terms of the deal have not been released. As of July 11th, the Knicks will have 3 days to match offer.

New York Knicks restricted free agent point guard Jeremy Lin will visit the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, according to ESPN.

The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.

Ironically, the Rockets had waived Lin at the end of training camp in December to make room on the roster for Samuel Dalembert. He subsequently joined the Knicks and became an instant phenomenon, averaging 14.6 points and 6.4 assists in 35 contests last season.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...to-offer-sheet

I'm sorry, that deserves its own thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sorry, 3 days to match as of July 11th. Dumbness.

in the 3rd year of his deal with the Knicks, we'd have $70M tied up in 4 players.

Red

TYPE-A
We'll match.

But FYI, my first thought is this kid (and his agent etc...) aint stupid.

He's going to get paid while he can. Sh*t...

he almost lost his millions in a millisecond. He won't pass up this opportunity.

My second thought was, he signed an offer sheet without a meeting? SMH

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well, he hasn't signed an offer sheet yet like Feilds.

We can offer him a 6 year 36 million dollar deal before he signs the offer sheet.

Red

TYPE-A

We can offer him a 6 year 36 million dollar deal before he signs the offer sheet.

Doesn't this wording imply that he signed an offer? :shrug:

Crazy⑧s;239348 said:
The Rockets have come to terms with Jeremy Lin on an offer sheet. Specific terms of the deal have not been released. As of July 11th, the Knicks will have 3 days to match offer.

New York Knicks restricted free agent point guard Jeremy Lin will visit the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, according to ESPN.

The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.

Ironically, the Rockets had waived Lin at the end of training camp in December to make room on the roster for Samuel Dalembert. He subsequently joined the Knicks and became an instant phenomenon, averaging 14.6 points and 6.4 assists in 35 contests last season.

...and who the f*ck is the source (not that it's unbelievable)

I mean it makes sense from a TEAM LINSANITY standpoint.

Paul1355

All Star
Crazy⑧s;239348 said:

never heard of that source before that website....this could be fake no legit source

Lin hasnt met with the Rockets yet

Reports were that the Rockets "might" offer that exact contract, seems like someone took an ESPN rumors and turned it into reality.

Rockets are going to give Lin a contract but more along the lines of 8 mil a year which is what they offered Goran Dragic.....Dragic turned it down

"The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million. But another team can offer Lin a poison pill that could go as high as $40 million over four years. Such a contract would pay Lin $5 million in each of the first two years and then go as high as $15 million in each of the last two years."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...s-visit-houston-rockets-wednesday-sources-say

STAT1

Starter

Why would he sign a 6 yr $36M deal if the Rockets offered him (hypothetically) a 4 yr $40M deal?

I'm not sure the Rockets would want Lin eating up $15M in cap space in his 3rd & 4th years either. I would imagine they offered him a similar package to what Dragic turned down, which was reportedly averaging out at $8M per. Since the Rockets can only offer Lin a max of $5M / $5.3M in the first 2 years of the deal per the CBA, if they maxed him out at $15M in the 3rd year it would come to $25.3M total over 3 years, which I would guess is about what this offer they're making to Lin probably is ($8M average per year).

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Why would Houston offer such a ridiculous contract? It's not like they have a lot of money to spend.

Besides, they want a superstar such as Gasol or Howard. Lin doesn't fit into their plan.

STAT1

Starter
I think the Knicks will definitely match a 3 year $24M offer for Lin & then likely look to dump Amar'e in year 3.

CoolClyde

Dolan sucks d*ck

wtf? Knicks gonna lose their PG of the future and HOPE and PRAY Steve Nash plays for 1 or 2 years? Dolan is a stupid dickhead who puts all his eggs in 1 basket time after time, and Grunwaldo is a tool.

how can the Knicks match this and still afford STAT, MELO and CHANDLER?

let's see:
lose David Lee in order to have enough money to sign LeBron. Dolan sticks his nose in the proceedings, while LeBron, Wade and Boosh have already conspired to play together in Miami... FAIL!!

lose 1/2 the team in order to get Melo, because Dolan sticks his nose in and doesn't want to wait for free agency... FAIL!!

lose Donnie Walsh because Dolan won't let him run the team... FAIL!!
lose Fields and Lin waiting around to see what the rest of the NBA does, while Knicks are once again, stuck in salary cap hell, back to where we started 4 years ago... FAIL!!

the stink of Dolan is starting to make the Knicks very unattractive.

If the Nyets get Dwight Howard, i just don't know what I'm going to do.
this is killing me!! this is... Linsanity!!

cheers!
:beer:

Reactions: pat

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I can't find anything online about this rumor.

Lin will be in Houston tomorrow. Why would anyone want to play in Houston instead of New York City? This rumor is highly unlikely

I can't find anything online about this rumor.

Lin will be in Houston tomorrow. Why would anyone want to play in Houston instead of New York City? This rumor is highly unlikely
This is a very homerish way of looking at it. If city x is paying a **** load more than NY Im going to city x probably..

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
what scares me is that lin's injury may cause him to rethink things financially. If he can get as much $$$ as possible now, he can be financially safer later on in his career if it does become short-lived.

I hope he doesn't think just in dollars though. If he does and he signs with the Rockets, he will be the most disappointing player in my eyes.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
If Lin signs the "Poison Pill" deal in Houston, my biggest fear is the $$$$$ poisoning him........ He's also going to have "LeBron James" type pressure to bring that team (or the Knicks if they match) a title.

And if he doesn't perform well, he'll face something he's never faced before- Boos from the home fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.