[Article] Shandon won't go in il

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Shandon Anderson is ready to go to war if the Knicks try to put him on the injured list tomorrow night. Teams are allowed to carry 15 players, with three inactive. Every team stashes healthy players on the list as a taxi squad, and the league looks the other way.
"By laws of the league, if you're not injured, you don't have to go on the injured list," Anderson said. "So I'm not injured. So there's no need for me to go on the injured list. If I go on the injured list, I'm basically stuck there for the year.

"Once I get on there, there's no coming off. I'm not putting myself in that situation. The answer is no. If I'm not injured and I'm healthy, the answer's going to be no."

Lenny Wilkens gave a hint that the Knicks want Anderson for the injured list because the coach wants three point guards, not including combo guard Jamal Crawford, on the 12-man roster.

http://www.knicksonline.com/getart.php?id=1432

stubborn, isn't he? :?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Can't force him to go into the injury least....unless someone goes out there and takes him out in practice or by some miracle he gets hurt in a game. Anyways, I say use him if he is going to be in the roster...try to put him in there for some defense or something. Gotta get something out of him....shoot make him the ball boy.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
haha

Chances are he won't foul, if he had any sense he wouldn't want any part of that.... :?

anderson_021204_308x254.jpg

newmove

Rotation player
But he's a stubborn a$$hole so we have to deal with it and find any possible solutions for that problem... Making him pick up the fouls is one of them.
We also could've made him hand towels and water to the players but I doubt he will go for it so he can stay in and pick up those fouls instead...

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Anderson!

Like I said, what makes you think he'll agree to foul?

Here's my thing, Anderson is obviously a BIG problem. There seems to be no solution. No matter what he wins. He gets his cash and messes up the Knicks. He could've been helpful with his fastbreak expertise (one of his few areas of expertise) but I don't see it happening anymore. He is just a large contract taking up space. You can't trade him, he won't go on the injured list, and he is making more money than he's worth. Basically he's dead weight that can't be removed. It's really dissapointing to see. He's just about last string and with players like Penny, Ariza & Tim; he's quite usless. I may sound a bit stupid for saying this I wish he took this like a real Knick should and attempt to be helpful to the oraganization somehow. O well it's a shame to see something like this happened. Here's a thought, who do we take off to put Houston on the active roster? I'm not sure who's on the injured list now, but I think it should go: (once Houston is back)

Muchi Norris
Jamison Brewer (though I would like to see him on the active roster)
Bruno Sundov

Anderson should be there instead of Brewer. Maybe Jerome Williams depending on his play begining this season or if they really need Bruno Sundov at that center. (Or if he magiaclly turns into a decent center!)
;)

anderson_030212_254x308.jpg

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Brewer and Sundov are definetely going to be on the injured list with Houston. Now when Houston comes off the bench its either going to be Moochie or Ariza. I hope its Moochie, but its a tough decision for the coaches. There would be no active back up point guard, except for Crawford. I just hope Crawford steps up and back ups both point and shooting guard positions then we are straight. Cause if not, Ariza might not see any action, which would be a shame.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
WHOA!

HEY NOW HEY NOW, your forgetting one thing. Penny can play the point as well. I see it was vital to develop Ariza as much as possible. He is defiantley going to help now and later for other Knick teams in the future. ;)

This whole thing will work out so my injured list predictions above will be right. So Penny & Crawford are fine! See! Ariza will get some action, he'll earn every bit of it! And he'll show he's an excelent player!

Ariza should not go on that list as I see it, and Isiah and Lenny should see that point as well....

Hardaway-%28040208-vs-Clipper%29.jpg

WiL8000

Rotation player
The Knicks are just going to buy out his (Shandon Anderson's) contract, it's just a matter of when. That is the only true solution to this problem, and hopefully they do it soon, because this is a huge distraction to the rest of the team.

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Robinson?

I hear [according to the NY Post] they will buy Anderson out in order to sign the recently bought out Eddie Robinson....

hmmmm..... :?

anderson_030405_254x308.jpg

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Man someone please sit and think before they start talking nonsense.....To buy out Shandon Anderson the Knicks would have to pay him over 20 million for doing absolutely nothing. Its just not even a possibility... the Knicks are NOT going to buy him out. The smart thing to do would be to hang on to him, and continue trying to unload him in a trade. Hopefully next year or who knows even by trade deadline (eventhough its like a million to one chance). Anyways the smart thing to do would be to hold on to his ass, until he can be moved...If not possible, two years from now he is going to be on his last contract year, on that year I'm sure there will be lots of team who would be willing to take him on to unload salary cap. I know this entire situation is not pretty and its a lose-lose situation for the Knicks, but I think this is the best scenario for them. They would be saving money by not paying Anderson his last and most expensive year on the contract and getting someone in return which they probably would want in the trade. The major down side is this idea is that they would have to put up with Anderson until we can unload him, but you know what? I think its a lot better than just letting him run away with our money, that could be going toward a good cause.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Who knows he might even crack first and say forget it I'll let you buy me out of my contract for less money rather than sitting on the bench for 2 or 3 years....you never know what can happen....might as well give it some time and find a better solution other than just giving him all that money.