Resign verse Re-sign

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
When I looked at the board recently it looked like all of our players had left.

Please note:

"Athletes who renew their contracts re-sign with their teams (note the hyphen). If they were to resign they would do the opposite?leave."

Consider that some education for the day.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
tumblr_m6gd3z4tgn1rs6axp.gif

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Please note:

"Athletes who renew their contracts re-sign with their teams (note the hyphen). If they were to resign they would do the opposite—leave."

Verse versus versUS. Please note the word in your thread title. It should be resign versus re-sign. Verse is the lyric part if a song. Some education for you

knicksince 93

Rotation player

Please note:

"Athletes who renew their contracts re-sign with their teams (note the hyphen). If they were to resign they would do the opposite?leave."

Verse versus versUS. Please note the word in your thread title. It should be resign versus re-sign. Verse is the lyric part if a song. Some education for you

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
you're grammer is hilariouser then anything on the world.

Hahaaaaaa.....

I am a practicing grammar Nazi. I f'ing hate bad grammar because I'm an enormous douche. We all have our vices, I suppose.

2 things I'd avoid at all costs are, however:

Starting a thread about it.

Making a grammatical error in the thread title regarding poor/incorrect use of grammar.:teeth:

I just couldn't handle the shame.

TakMan

Rotation player
I was pretty surprised when I saw threads claiming that Smith and Novak had resigned. Upon reading them both I understood that these grammatical errors need to be addressed. We need to teach people gooder english otherwise the language will just re-sign; and rightfully so.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Crazy⑧s;241333 said:
Hahaaaaaa.....

I am a practicing grammar Nazi. I f'ing hate bad grammar because I'm an enormous douche. We all have our vices, I suppose.

2 things I'd avoid at all costs are, however:

Starting a thread about it.

Making a grammatical error in the thread title regarding poor/incorrect use of grammar.:teeth:

I just couldn't handle the shame.

The bold is just awful. I'm a major grammar Nazi.

If you want to ever correct someone's grammar, you have to make sure yours is the same.

And if someone ever gets out of hand, make sure to put them in their place, like so:
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201317&postcount=15

elcol

Rotation player
The bold is just awful. I'm a major grammar Nazi.

If you want to ever correct someone's grammar, you have to make sure yours is the same.

And if someone ever gets out of hand, make sure to put them in their place, like so:
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=201317&postcount=15

You're wrong actually. you have to look at the context of his post...
He's listing things, just like listing ?buy eggs today? in a shopping list.how is it fair to call that grammatically incorrect.

Lists do not require complete grammatical accuracy. He is not trying to write an academic list yet you treat it like it is..on a knicks forum

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
This thread seemed to indicate that a 16 bar freestyle was about to drop

Disappointed and neg repped

LOL LOL :teeth:

Ok I goofed on the title.

I honestly don't care most of the time when people make grammar/spelling errors. It's the internet. And it's a Knicks forum. We have some of the lowest educated fans out there :gony:

BUT - when the meaning actually changes based on the word, and it isn't clear what the author means - then THAT is a problem!

If Smith and Novak RESIGNED - that would be VERY BAD.
But they re-SIGNED! :beer: That makes me happy! :gony:

What if I hadn't read the actual forum message but only the title? And my reaction to that was jumping out the window of my building?

I would look pretty foolish in the newspaper the next day - wouldn't I?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You're wrong actually. you have to look at the context of his post...
He's listing things, just like listing ?buy eggs today? in a shopping list.how is it fair to call that grammatically incorrect.

Lists do not require complete grammatical accuracy. He is not trying to write an academic list yet you treat it like it is..on a knicks forum

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I've been beaten to it.:lol:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
LOL LOL :teeth:

Ok I goofed on the title.

I honestly don't care most of the time when people make grammar/spelling errors. It's the internet. And it's a Knicks forum. We have some of the lowest educated fans out there :gony:

BUT - when the meaning actually changes based on the word, and it isn't clear what the author means - then THAT is a problem!

If Smith and Novak RESIGNED - that would be VERY BAD.
But they re-SIGNED! :beer: That makes me happy! :gony:

What if I hadn't read the actual forum message but only the title? And my reaction to that was jumping out the window of my building?

I would look pretty foolish in the newspaper the next day - wouldn't I?

If you base your news off forums you're already pretty foolish.