New York vs New Jersey 01/01/2005 Game Thread (L 87-93)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
nets_100.gif

Possible Starters:

New York Knicks (16-13) :: 10-4 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
allan_houston.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
tim_thomas.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg

New Jersey Nets (10-17) :: 4-10 Away

jason_kidd.jpg
vince_carter.jpg
jason_collins.jpg
richard_jefferson.jpg
nenad_krstic.jpg

Game Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
Knicks 87 - Nets 93

Trin_Starr

Starter
If Steph has another explosive game like the last two......then he's sure to be named NBA's Eastern Player of the Week.
He took Francis out of his element.....he outplayed Cassell......and on saturday......he's about to take the kidd to school!!!

6thman

Benchwarmer
Ahahahha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I f we win i would be so happy ( guys 4 wins in a row :p ) but if we lose i would be so upset!

Nazr is gonna take 20 rebounds and tim is gonna make the buck ( jefferson) shut up!!
C'mon NY! We can take this one!
Still the carter-kidd lineup is kind of impressive!!
I'm sure we're better than those guys

New Jersey :moon: :moon:

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
wouldn't mind a win rite now....... lol

but since were playing such a weak team Mohammed should excel and I wanna see Ariza take advantage of the lack of shot blockers. I just want to see Houston is shooting well of course and that Marbury keeps up what he's doing, throw an ally-op or two.......

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
defense will definentely be the key to winning this one not marbury putting up a huge game if we can limit nj to maybe 15 fastbreak points and contain jefferson and carter to around 23 25 i dont see y we wont win

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Never say never, not to be negative but when we get our hopes up they fall, so just keep the same feeling you have every game......

mrj18

Benchwarmer
Even with the acquisition of Vince Carter, Jamal Crawford doesn't believe the Knicks have to worry about the Nets. Tonight, Carter plays his first game at the Garden in Net blue and red.

"We honestly don't think we have a threat," said Crawford, who could be back in two weeks from turf toe. "If we do what we have to do, we're not really concerned with anyone else. Vince is a great player, but we're getting better and better."
NY Post
At least Crawford thinks we can beat the Nets.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
if i was wilkens i wuold play houston when their running a zone defense and we cant find the holes in it, other then that it maybe smart to give ariza good minutes to shut down carter or jefferson

mrj18

Benchwarmer
pbjb14 said:
if i was wilkens i wuold play houston when their running a zone defense and we cant find the holes in it, other then that it maybe smart to give ariza good minutes to shut down carter or jefferson
Yeah, Lenny did that last time with Mobley and Houston. Ariza is a good defender and can easily give Vince Carter a hard time.

Btw, how many of you think he should be starting over Tim Thomas. I certainly do. Maybe I will hold off just temporarily because Tim Thomas has been playing decent basketball instead of his usual atrocious basketball. But, this is definitely something to look at though.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
very dissapointing loss, espacially because it was against the nets

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
Knicks didnt come out with enough energy in the first half. They thought the Nets were gonna be pushovers. Our bench wasnt productive as they always were. Nets got a BIG lift from Buford,Best and Smith. BIG shot by Buford in the 4th. Marbury should be top candidate for Eastern Conference Player of the Week. 3 consecutive 30+ point games. First Knick to do that since Patrick Ewing. He had some wild, but beautiful shots in that game.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Very disapointing and frustrating loss. Whenever the Knicks seem to get something going they always seem to end it on such a negative note.

No way the Nets should of won this game if the Knicks came out with the intensity they should have every game, the final scoreline flatters us really considering we were never really had a genuine shot of making the comeback with our patchy defence.