The Official Bring Lebron to the Knicks thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
Phil this is why we hired you. Convince Lebron to opt-out, take short $$$$ for one season, and come to the Knicks. We would instantly be favorites in the East. We would have the cast with Melo/Bron/Tyson/STAT to contend for a title. We all know Melo and Lebron want to play together. Where better than in MSG??? Make it happen Phil:)

tiger0330

Legend
Hysterical, Lebron signing for a vet min contract. If Phil convinced Lebron to do that he'd instantly have earned every penny of that ridiculous contract Dolan gave him.

If we resign Melo and magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, the rest of our roster would be laughably bad. If Melo leaves and we somehow magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, then we're in business. Both scenarios aren't going to happen for a list of reasons though. My preferred option is we build a good roster without reliance on a max contract player and then actually lure two in their prime either next offseason or the offseason after.

Broadway

All Star
If we resign Melo and magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, the rest of our roster would be laughably bad. If Melo leaves and we somehow magically get Lebron next offseason for a max salary, then we're in business. Both scenarios aren't going to happen for a list of reasons though. My preferred option is we build a good roster without reliance on a max contract player and then actually lure two in their prime either next offseason or the offseason after.

I prefer to find our own LEGEND and stop lusting after someone else's treasure that's losing value. I want the Knicks to be the template teams emulate. Lebron is beatable maybe moreso than he's ever been, he's mortal...he also walks around the public wearing t-shirts that say..."Check My Stats"<-------that's what you call an Ass Hat.

I also remember Lebron saying this during his loss in the Finals to Dirk

"Not at all, because at the end of the day all the people that was rootin on me to fail...uh...they all have to wake up tomorrow with the same life, the same personal problems that they had..before they woke up today."

The East hasn't necessarily been exceptionally strong either during his ascension to the top but the tide is rapidly shifting not in his favor. Ironic enough Lebron wants the Heat to start making moves so they become more like the Spurs in weaponry.

As they say in the more cerebral parts of town....LUCK FEBRON!!!!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lol luck febron is a new one...real talk you guys are talking about ANOTHER rebuild and I don't have the stomach for it. After living the "Ewing Era,"Post-Ewing Era," drafting Fredric Weiss,the "Isiah Era," "The Starbury Wars", "The STAT era," and now the "Melo Days" I don't have another rebuild in me:( I would like to see a Chip before I am 50 on Chief

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil this is why we hired you. Convince Lebron to opt-out, take short $$$$ for one season, and come to the Knicks. We would instantly be favorites in the East. We would have the cast with Melo/Bron/Tyson/STAT to contend for a title. We all know Melo and Lebron want to play together. Where better than in MSG??? Make it happen Phil:)

Please! No more Donnie Walsh "I have a Dream" ......Lebron became the most hated super-star in NBA history from Donnie Walsh two year Dream.

CoolClyde

hahahahaha. who started this thread, James D'oh-lan?

LeBron doesn't need anybody convincing him to play in NYC. if he wants to play in NYC, he'll play in NYC.

Lol luck febron is a new one...real talk you guys are talking about ANOTHER rebuild and I don't have the stomach for it. After living the "Ewing Era,"Post-Ewing Era," drafting Fredric Weiss,the "Isiah Era," "The Starbury Wars", "The STAT era," and now the "Melo Days" I don't have another rebuild in me:( I would like to see a Chip before I am 50 on Chief

Well, the Ewing era was pretty great and the STAT era was a nice half season before we traded for Melo, so maybe the PJ overhaul era won't be so bad. Any which way, this is what bad franchises do, perpetually start over.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Everybody take less $$$$ for ONE season and let's get this CHIP.... Call STAT,Tyson and say look it.... Melo get on the line with your boy Lebron....
Knicks New Starting Five:

PG-Shump
SG-Melo
SF-Lebron
PF-STAT
C-Tyson

Get her dun Phil

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Lebron just opted out...Go get him Phil...earn your &$$$&
Fascinating off-season with Lebron, Melo, Wade, Bosh opting out and becoming FA's. Add Klove potentially being traded and you have the most interesting off-season in quite a while.

The balance of power may shift in the NBA depending where these guys wind up. Unfortunately the most the Knicks can hope for is to be able to re-sign Melo, a Lebron/Melo/Stat Big 3 is not in the cards in NY.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think Melo and Lebron are planning on landing somewhere together. My fear is that Magic gets in thier ear and the both end up in LA:( my hope is they both end up with us. Split Melo's $$$ for one year and let's get our rings:)

skisloper

Starter
I think Melo and Lebron are planning on landing somewhere together. My fear is that Magic gets in thier ear and the both end up in LA:( my hope is they both end up with us. Split Melo's $$$ for one year and let's get our rings:)

No way Melo or lebron are risking injury and leaving 80 million each minimum on the table....

anyone know if we lose Melo for zero do we have any cap space ?

Everybody take less $$$$ for ONE season and let's get this CHIP.... Call STAT,Tyson and say look it.... Melo get on the line with your boy Lebron....
Knicks New Starting Five:

PG-Shump
SG-Melo
SF-Lebron
PF-STAT
C-Tyson

Get her dun Phil
That sucks just because Amare and Tyson are guaranteed to get injured. Need to somehow trade them, sign and trades with LBJ and Melo perhaps.

tiger0330

Legend
skisloper; said:
No way Melo or lebron are risking injury and leaving 80 million each minimum on the table....

anyone know if we lose Melo for zero do we have any cap space ?
Still over the cap w/o Melo.

$67,686,515 2014 Knicks payroll not inc Melo
$63,200,000 2014 proj cap

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Another bad thing about the payroll is I don't think we can do a SnT for Melo either w/o getting a 3rd team with cap space involved.

Another bad thing about the payroll is I don't think we can do a SnT for Melo either w/o getting a 3rd team with cap space involved.

Yeah, probably true, but in this day and age of the NBA, getting a third team involved should be doable.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Still over the cap w/o Melo.

$67,686,515 2014 Knicks payroll not inc Melo
$63,200,000 2014 proj cap

Man that's terrible lol. Imagine this team as currently constructed without Melo, and we would STILL be over the cap.

We just gotta suck it up for 1 more year, then once Tyson, Amare and Bargnani come off the books in 2015 hopefully Phil can start moving this team in the right direction.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk