Amare sat out most practices.

Kiyaman

Legend
Amare sat out most practices.

Knicks have held Amare out of the majority of training camp. That's not a good sign.
I don't want to see this "save Amare for the playoffs" bullcrap again.

He needs to play, it needs to be defined, it needs to be significant enough minutes to warrant playing at all.
Then if/when he breaks down - fine - on the IR he goes...

This mix and match bullcrap doesn't work we already proved that last year.
It kills chemistry, it kills the players' feel for the game, it does NOT work.

So why are we doing this again wtih Amare? And why DIDNT the Knicks let Phil jackson fire the medical staff? I mean, this is the same nonsense we're all tired of.
Players being injured and it either being covered up or the medical staff is being used against a player.

It looks like the tension between Amare and Melo are still up in the air.

The reason I wanted Melo to sign with next team in offseason, and the Knicks sign "Luol Deng" as Melo's replacement at SF.
Luol Deng have the talent/skills to play alongside Amare as a Starter, plus Deng passing-skills would make Barg a bigman offensive weapon off the bench. And underrated Luol Deng defensive-skills alongside of Dalembert would be valuable for STOPS in crunchtime games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Excuse me KO members .... its not right for me to blame Melo for Amare being sat out of practices during training-camp.

Recall .. I wasn't happy when either of the two so-call stars signed on as Knicks in the 2010-11 season.
And when the two high paid stars showed repeatedly on the court they dont want to mix together for 3 seasons, makes me an unhappy camper.

Amare's NBA career has always been apart of a teams main 6 players on the court, until teammate Melo.
Melo's career has always been apart of a teams main 6 players on the court.
In other words .. Amare and Melo are NBA Starters.
And both should be treated as such, not one more than the other.
Last year this time Amare statement to ESPN "I am healthy to start the season", made the Knicks medical-staff news into big LIARS.

Hypothetically, if Melo is out for a month with injuries, 99% of Knicks fans would want Amare in the starting-lineup.
Truth b said ..........
I was hoping to see Phil & Fish force the two ego-stars into playing a 50 win season in 2014-15.

paris401

Starter
I was hoping to see Phil & Fish force the two ego-stars into playing a 50 win season in 2014-15.

HA... 'amare is a winner with bad knees, and poss a bad back... a sneeze away from IR... melo.... just ain;t a winner... we will never win with him.... and phil (or dolan).. signed him for a max contract....OOPS ... my bad... he gave us a mill/yr discount to sign another major piece... thanks melo...

CoolClyde

HA... 'amare is a winner with bad knees, and poss a bad back... a sneeze away from IR... melo.... just ain;t a winner... we will never win with him.... and phil (or dolan).. signed him for a max contract....OOPS ... my bad... he gave us a mill/yr discount to sign another major piece... thanks melo...

haha, a sneeze away from IR, so damn sad and true. the more rest Amar'e gets in preseason, the better. start him off slow, see how he does, and let him work his way into primo shape and cohesion with new players. re Melo, with the new tv deal in place, Melo's max contract is not looking so bad, better than him taking a 2-year deal like LeBron, in order to renegotiate once 24 billion tv dollars roll in... if Melo plays to his full potential, ie: one of the league's top scorers and rebounders, and Phil and the Fish are able to bring out the MJ and Kobe in him in the triangle, he'll be worth every penny. If anyone can get Melo and Amar'e to play together, it's Phil f*cking Jackson, man of action and multiple rings.

According to internet reports, THJ and Shump sat out practice too. I'm not going to start sweating Stat's health until he starts missing game time.

Kiyaman

Legend
haha, a sneeze away from IR, so damn sad and true. the more rest Amar'e gets in preseason, the better. start him off slow, see how he does, and let him work his way into primo shape and cohesion with new players. re Melo, with the new tv deal in place, Melo's max contract is not looking so bad, better than him taking a 2-year deal like LeBron, in order to renegotiate once 24 billion tv dollars roll in... if Melo plays to his full potential, ie: one of the league's top scorers and rebounders, and Phil and the Fish are able to bring out the MJ and Kobe in him in the triangle, he'll be worth every penny. If anyone can get Melo and Amar'e to play together, it's Phil f*cking Jackson, man of action and multiple rings.

I no longer believe the hype of Amare being injury-prone, or Kenyon Martin being injury-prone.
Both PF will give u a 28 minute performance of a double-double stat, or a win to have a .550 season.
Both PF are still NBA STARTERS today, the poor big men usage in the NBA 2013-14 postseason games prove that as fact.

Amare F up in the 2011-12 postseason when punching a fire extinguisher after a losing game where Melo and JR ball-hogging took over 50 shots in the game. Which made the Knicks GM add 4 new PF to the roster in the 2012 offseason to replace a angry punching Amare the next season, when the Knicks medical-staff would not let Amare on the court throughout the 2012-13 season.

Do anyone recall when Denver Nuggets head coach Karl F up in 2008-9 season?
Coach Karl let PG-Chauncey Billups call all the shots for the Nuggets team throughout the 2008-9 season, which took the Nuggets to the WCF.
Well, in the 2008-9 season carmelo anthony average a career low of 22 pts per game.
When the 2009-10 Nuggets season started head coach Karl came down with a serious injury that kept him out from coaching the entire 2009-10 season, where Melo's minutes and shot attempts increase by 5 from the previous season so Melo could average a high score of 28 pts per game, under a interim head coach.
Oh yeah, the same Nuggets roster (that went to the WCF) got knock-out of the first round by Deron Williams Utah Jazz the next season. LMAO

tiger0330

Legend
According to internet reports, THJ and Shump sat out practice too. I'm not going to start sweating Stat's health until he starts missing game time.
I agree, right now Stat is healthy. He's been practicing just not all out, smart if you ask me but if Stat says he can play 30mpg let him play 30mpg in the regular season and don't baby him like they did last season. Woody was an idiot to say he thought Stat would never average 30mpg ever again.

Kiyaman

Legend

From Marc Berman of the New York Post:

Shumpert would like to begin that process by playing in his team?s first preseason game on Wednesday. But he?s missed practice with a hamstring issue, and Derek Fisher may choose to take the more cautious approach.

?I was telling Shump earlier, for eight months we have to be at our absolute best,?? Fisher said. ?It?s a long season. We can?t rush trying to be so excited for the start of the season.??
?For sure, we?re not going to risk any player to hurry up to be ready for Wednesday.??
Shumpert, in the final year of his rookie contract, is aiming to play in the preseason opener. The Knicks will also face the Celtics Saturday at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.

?I believe I?m playing,?? Shumpert said. ?I would hope so. I don?t want to sit out all these practices and not play. That?s why I?m sitting everything out so I can get some game action.?

Shumpert is understandably eager to establish himself early on as someone who is deserving of a substantial chunk of minutes as part of the regular rotation. But Fisher has to keep the bigger picture in mind, and the fact that he needs to be cognizant of keeping his players happy may make this the first minor test of his authority in his new role as head coach.

knicksin60

Starter
Everytime I hear or see that man's name I get depressed. Can't wait until the day he cleans out his locker and leaves the team.Biggest waste of 100 million dollars in world history.

Kiyaman

Legend
Everytime I hear or see that man's name I get depressed. Can't wait until the day he cleans out his locker and leaves the team.Biggest waste of 100 million dollars in world history.

Wow, that's how I feel about isolation Melo & JR, the two are bad influence to young THJ.

DrB

Benchwarmer
STAT looked like crap against the Raptors....HOWEVER Larkin who is real crap failed to see STAT totally alone under the basket. I hope Larkin does not make the team. He's not an NBA player.
Stat forced shots...made up his mind to shoot before he got the ball, is ineffective with his post up moves and plays with the wrong unit as he can NO LONGER CREATE for himself. BIGGEST WASTE OF 100 MILLION dollars in world history with BARGNANI right behind him.

tiger0330

Legend
The triangle has turned Stat into a jump shooter, he's got a good mid-range game for a big man but he had an off night but he has shown he's good with the pick and pop. Unfortunately, he also got a lot of his points in the past with Nash and Felton in the PnR which the Knicks are not running anymore.

He and the team have to look for him more in the pinch post cutting to the basket if they're not going to run PnR sets for him any longer. Like JR said the triangle is going to be a learning experience and for some it'll be harder than others.

I do agree he's been a bust for being the highest player on the team but it's Dolan's and Donnie Walsh's fault. One thing about Phil is I don't think he'll be making dumb moves like giving a guy a max deal for a guy with an injury history who is uninsureable.

paris401

Starter
One thing about Phil is I don't think he'll be making dumb moves like giving a guy a max deal for a guy with an injury history who is uninsureable.

that's rite... our guy phil would never give such a player a max contract.. lets take melo for instance.... doesn't make the players around him better, nor has he ever led his team beyond the 2nd round (I think its the 2nd round) of the playoffs- did phil give him a max... noooo waaay....

Kiyaman

Legend
that's rite... our guy phil would never give such a player a max contract.. lets take melo for instance.... doesn't make the players around him better, nor has he ever led his team beyond the 2nd round (I think its the 2nd round) of the playoffs- did phil give him a max... noooo waaay....

Tiger .... Paris gotchu on that post.
When I first heard of Melo resigning, I was driving on the LIE doing 70 mph when the radio said "the Knicks resign Melo to the max", i had to slow down to 40 mph to regain my composure.
When the season end, wasn't it Phil Jackson who kept mentioning he looking for Melo to take a pay-cut.
After that pay-cut, I dont have any faith in Phil Jackson. I dont see Phil honoring his contract with the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
Melo is a completely different case than Stat. Melo has at least been durable in his last Knicks contract and if the Knicks didn't sign him Houston, Dallas, Chicago and LA were willing and able to sign him.

Amare on the other hand was an accident waiting to happen. He didn't get a lot of interest from other teams 5 years ago, the Suns were not interested in bringing him back. Only the Knicks front office were willing to sign the guy for max dollars and years and he's still the highest paid player on the team despite Melo signing his new deal.

Yeah maybe Phil could have driven a harder bargain for Melo but the Stat signing is one I don't think Phil is going to repeat.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
You all are ignoring the most important news:

Quincy Acy is showing locker room leadership by offering to teach Cleanthony Early how to grow a beard.

tiger0330

Legend
You all are ignoring the most important news:

Quincy Acy is showing locker room leadership by offering to teach Cleanthony Early how to grow a beard.
Lol That's going to be quite a trick, I don't think Cleanthony even shaves. I like Acy but I think Harden has the better beard.

James-Harden-645x356.jpg

Last edited: