Six years since we started dumping salary and....

Kiyaman

Legend
...we only have one "Top 100" player. One of only four teams with this putrid accolade.

76ers, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics Each Have Only Player In ESPN's Top-100
Oct 21, 2014 11:20 AM EDT

The Philadelphia 76ers, New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics each have just one player ranked in ESPN's top-100 list of NBA players.

Michael Carter-Williams, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and Rajon Rondo represent their respective teams in the top-100.

The 76ers are the only team with only two players ranked in the top 250, while the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics each have at least three other players in the top 150.

tiger0330

Legend
Damn shame that you're paying a guy (Stat) the 2nd highest salary in the league and he hasn't cracked the top 100 player list the last 3 years.

I see Amare has started his marketing campaign for his 2016 contract saying he feels like he did when he was a rookie. I hope the Knicks aren't buying it and aren't thinking of bringing him back.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn shame that you're paying a guy (Stat) the 2nd highest salary in the league and he hasn't cracked the top 100 player list the last 3 years.

I see Amare has started his marketing campaign for his 2016 contract saying he feels like he did when he was a rookie. I hope the Knicks aren't buying it and aren't thinking of bringing him back.

I see Stat and Shump show casing this season to sign with the next team in offseason.

paris401

Starter

the proof will be on the court....

If they did this not that long ago we would have had 3 players in the top 100 with Melo, Chandler not long off a DPOY, and JR Smith having just won 6th man of the year. Our roster is bad now, but things will improve after this season roster wise.

Kiyaman

Legend
If they did this not that long ago we would have had 3 players in the top 100 with Melo, Chandler not long off a DPOY, and JR Smith having just won 6th man of the year. Our roster is bad now, but things will improve after this season roster wise.

Our roster is not bad .. it's F..ked-up from the floor-up.
Blame Dolan's personal signing of Iso-Melo & JR antics.
Melo & Kobe has something in common .. their teammates hate their guts.
Do not blame PJ for Melo's $25M per, or JR $6M per. That's all Dolan's doing.

Billups & Stat were a 2nd round playoff team if they would've been able to play a full season together (amnestied).
Lin, Shump, Fields, and Stat were a 2nd round playoff team, without the isolation antics of Melo & JR.
Kidd, Marion, and Stat would've took the Phoenix Suns to the FINALS a couple of times.

Tonight I just watch the Championship Spurs home opener vs the Mavs .. 101-100 Spurs win.
How did Felton play? he didnt! How did Tyson play? 8 pts, 10 rb, 2 steals,

The Mavs coach Rick Carlyle has not let Raymond Felton suit up to play after Felton's flawed performance in the Mavs first preseason game on Oct.7. however, tonight coach Rick Carlyle played Tyson Chandler 15 minutes throughout 3 quarters of the game, when the 4th quarter arrive Tyson played the entire 4th quarter with fresh legs.

Carlyle coached Tyson the same exact way Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles coached Tyson Chandler to get Bulls to the playoffs.
Coach Woodson was clueless on how to coach and play a 11 year center that only average 25 minutes per game in his career.
Woodson played Tyson 33 to 38 minute a game which kept Tyson sore, injury prone, and sore / tired Tyson in the 4th qtr..

smokes

Huge Member
Our roster is not bad .. it's F..ked-up from the floor-up.
Blame Dolan's personal signing of Iso-Melo & JR antics.
Melo & Kobe has something in common .. their teammates hate their guts.

Billups & Stat were a 2nd round playoff team if they would've been able to play a full season together (amnestied).
Lin, Shump, Fields, and Stat were a 2nd round playoff team, without the isolation antics of Melo & JR.
Kidd, Marion, and Stat would've took the Phoenix Suns to the FINALS a couple of times.

Tonight I just watch the Championship Spurs home opener vs the Mavs .. 101-100 Spurs win.
How did Felton play? he didnt! How did Tyson play? 8 pts, 10 rb, 2 steals,

The Mavs coach Rick Carlyle has not let Raymond Felton suit up to play after Felton's flawed performance in the Mavs first preseason game on Oct.7. however, tonight coach Rick Carlyle played Tyson Chandler 15 minutes throughout 3 quarters of the game, when the 4th quarter arrive Tyson played the entire 4th quarter with fresh legs.

Carlyle coached Tyson the same exact way Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles coached Tyson Chandler to get Bulls to the playoffs.
Coach Woodson was clueless on how to coach and play a 11 year center that only average 25 minutes per game in his career.
Woodson played Tyson 33 to 38 minute a game which kept Tyson sore, injury prone, and sore / tired Tyson in the 4th qtr..

There's some real rose-tinted glasses action going on in this post. Dunno if it's ignorance or simply ignoring the facts but:

Felton is injured hence why he hasn't played for the Mavs since Oct 7th.
Tyson was in foul trouble hence why he only played 15 minutes through the first 3 quarters.

If teammates hate Kobe's guts I'm sure he don't give a f*ck. As he said, what you get from playing with me is 7 finals appearances and 5 rings.

And all this STAT propaganda just makes me wanna puke lol.

paris401

Starter

agree jr was signed pre-phil...BUT melo was a phil signing... not sure if its a fact that it was all dolan or not... but if that is the case... phil is no better the the $$$grubbing melo...

Kiyaman

Legend
agree jr was signed pre-phil...BUT melo was a phil signing... not sure if its a fact that it was all dolan or not... but if that is the case... phil is no better the the $$$grubbing melo...

compare the ticket prices of MSG to Barkley center, would the Knicks tickets still be twice the price if Melo left?
HELL NO!
Thats all Owner Dolan doing.
Dolan was not going to let Melo pull the same bull he pulled on the Denver organization.