Game Thread: Knicks@OKC (11/28/2014)

tiger0330

Legend
Doing this from my phone. Sorry it's not as detailed as my other game threads.

Westbrook is playing tonight but Melo and Durant are out. Westbrook is coming back from a broken hand injury and I expect him to try to take over the game and turn around the Thunders season. I haven't looked at head to head between him and Calderon but Westbrook is the exact type to give JC a difficult time, an extremely athletic, quick PG that will defend him well and be aggressive in creating his own shot.

It would be nice if the Knicks can contain Westbrook and JC has another steller night like he had in big D.

tiger0330

Legend
Just looked at the head to head. RW and JC have played 11 games against each other with RW outscoring JC 18ppg to 9.3ppg. Westbrook took 5.6 FTs to Calderons .8 FTs in those 11 games.

Of course we're the team that Westbrook comes back against. Just our luck, just like how we're probably the only team that has had to play against the Bulls with a healthy Rose both this year and last year. Oh well, just got to keep trying to execute our offense and hope our shooters come in hot. Let's go Knicks!

Kiyaman

Legend
Of course we're the team that Westbrook comes back against. Just our luck, just like how we're probably the only team that has had to play against the Bulls with a healthy Rose both this year and last year. Oh well, just got to keep trying to execute our offense and hope our shooters come in hot. Let's go Knicks!

The lasttime Westbook played against us he had a triple-double

For people excited about seeing the Knicks without Melo, this 1st quarter is probably a more realistic expectation than what we saw against Dallas. Despite some guys occasionally stepping up when given the opportunity, this is still a really bad roster. Starting to count the days until PJ has a chance to maybe shake things up a little bit, if only to try to get some more system-suited players in town.

disGRUNTled

Rookie
30-13 after the first qrt .........
tumblr_m8l60jLcij1ra5p9wo1_500.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .... Thanx for the Game-Thread

This is not the game Stat could DUNK on all night
we do need Stat inside scoring tonight

OKC is a same-page DEFENSIVE team with "two" franchise high-scorer
OKC Brooks coaching scored 30 in the first quarter with just one of his top scorers
Plus held us to 13 points.

If I never see the Knicks play basketball this bad again it will be too soon. Someone call the mercy rule on this game already.

Kiyaman

Legend
15-40 score means the team with 15 pts should be driving the lane, dumping the ball down low, and running on offense to beat the defense down court.

Better yet .. watch how OKC scores the ball .. fastbreak, driving the lane, and dumping the ball down low to get a 23-47 lead

disGRUNTled

Rookie
15-40 score means the team with 15 pts should be driving the lane, dumping the ball down low, and running on offense to beat the defense down court.

Better yet .. watch how OKC scores the ball .. fastbreak, driving the lane, and dumping the ball down low to get a 23-47 lead
Cat+run+over+car+in+tank_862e5c_3488102.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks are so bad the team you'll see in garbage time was probably the best team they put on the floor all game.

Aldrich
Wear
Hardaway
Larkin

tiger0330

Legend
Doing this from my phone. Sorry it's not as detailed as my other game threads.

Westbrook is playing tonight but Melo and Durant are out. Westbrook is coming back from a broken hand injury and I expect him to try to take over the game and turn around the Thunders season. I haven't looked at head to head between him and Calderon but Westbrook is the exact type to give JC a difficult time, an extremely athletic, quick PG that will defend him well and be aggressive in creating his own shot.

It would be nice if the Knicks can contain Westbrook and JC has another steller night like he had in big D.
Well this didn't happen.

Kiyaman

Legend
Will someone tell Fisher we have two centers Dally & Aldrich to play the 5 spot.
And we have two PF Stat & J.Smith to play the 4 spot
We have three SF Melo, Acy, and Wear to play the 3 spot
Our Big Frontline lineup should be Dally, Stat, Melo, or Aldrich, J.Smith, Acy

Stop playing Stat as the center!
Stop playing Acy as the PF!
Stop playing Melo as the PF!
Stop playing 3 Guard offense lineup all game, especially when none of our guards know how to play in a 3 guard lineup.
This is Woodson type of coaching which results in LOSERS!