Informal Game Thread - Knicks vs Hornets - 12/5/14

Right back at it after last night's brutal loss. Beating Charlotte proves nothing, as they are as terrible as us this year, but still, another game, another chance to play right. Let's go Knicks!

tiger0330

Legend
I don't blame guys if they're not watching this borderline unwatchable team. Getting dominated in all phases of the game by a team with a 10 game losing streak.

Coach Fisher plays 12 guys and its not working, I would be doing what D'Antoni did and play an 8 or 9 man rotation and see if that works.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
we need to get this team to retire due to lack of understanding the game and have an expansion draft to pick 1 player from teh other teams

they would probably play with more effort than these bums

tiger0330

Legend
I'd like to see the Knicks bring Ante down from Westchester soon if PJ can't do a trade for a 2 guard. I'm going to see them play next weekend and I'll let you guys know how he looks, reports are he's not polished offensively with no jump shot but he's a shot blocker extraordinaire.

Kiyaman

Legend
Either way, something tells me people are running out of things to say about this team right now. We need to see something new, hopefully a win.

Substituting 2 or 3 players 6 minutes in the first quarter is TANKING!
Funny .. 6 minutes into the 2nd qtr. 12 Knicks players has 5 minute or more playing time.

Here we go .... Conspiracy to Tank the 2014-15 Knicks season.
Dolan and Phil Jax are conspiring to get a top 3 pick in the 2015 draft, hoping maybe a top 3 pick will lure at least one or two of the stars in the 2015 FA market to come talk contract with the Knicks.

Do u think the Knicks players know the coach is coaching to lose every game? after 20 games?
The Hornets are much more sluppy than the Cavs

tiger0330

Legend
Kiya you might be right about that tanking conspiracy, these lineups make no sense and longterm it may make sense if the Knicks can snag a high draft pick. Building through the draft is dicey. Bennett looks to be a bust with Flip saying he wasn't happy with his effort and Wiggins is not even having a MCW rookie year despite people saying he would be a superstar.

About to get run out of the building now. A showing like last night would win this game, but instead, we got nothing tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
Horrible, if you want to stop a losing streak or get your struggling players going, play the Knicks. Down by 20, read it hear first the media will say tomorrow this is the worst, gutless performance by the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd like to see the Knicks bring Ante down from Westchester soon if PJ can't do a trade for a 2 guard. I'm going to see them play next weekend and I'll let you guys know how he looks, reports are he's not polished offensively with no jump shot but he's a shot blocker extraordinaire.

The type of spot-minute playing-time coach Fisher been giving out, Ante can prepare better on the Westchester D.League for a future in the NBA.
The Knicks are a consecutive joke this season, and in this game.
Start of the 4th Qtr., the Knicks are down 16 points to a under 500 team
Knicks - 69
Hornets - 85

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've been busy this season, so I haven't always seen entire games and missed a couple or so games, any reason why you think/know Jason Smith hasn't been getting minutes? He's a consistent shooter. He even had a little something going on with J.R. Aldrich hasn't been getting many minutes either. You think he would. The big rotations and many changes to the line-ups makes us think as stated in this thread that this might be tanking.

The person/people who chooses the music of the night for the Knicks has given up. Terrible.

tiger0330

Legend
Are we going to see a late 4th qtr run to get them close but not be able to pull out the W. If they come close or pull out the W I'll be happy.

Are we going to see a late 4th qtr run to get them close but not be able to pull out the W. If they come close or pull out the W I'll be happy.

I've gotten too used to these too little too late runs we've been making the last couple weeks to believe that we can actually ever pull off a real win when down coming into the 4th quarter. Still, only down 8 with 5 minutes to go, we can win this one if we get it together.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Tanking isn't a good idea, at least the way it's being done (if they are). Play the young guys with Melo and Calderon not getting big minutes. If Melo, whether you think he's that good or not, is still a star, and the team has only one four times this season. You can't expect adding a rookie, even a number one overall pick, to change things around drastically in the near future. You also can't expect free agents to come knocking on the door for this organization.

tiger0330

Legend
I've been busy this season, so I haven't always seen entire games and missed a couple or so games, any reason why you think/know Jason Smith hasn't been getting minutes? He's a consistent shooter. He even had a little something going on with J.R. Aldrich hasn't been getting many minutes either. You think he would. The big rotations and many changes to the line-ups makes us think as stated in this thread that this might be tanking.

The person/people who chooses the music of the night for the Knicks has given up. Terrible.
Stat has been eating Smiths minutes and he's not a great athlete with below average lateral quickness. He is what he is a good catch and shoot guy from mid range.