Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks (2015/01/04)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

MIL.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(17-17) (5-30)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

giannis_antetokounmpo.png
jr_smith.png

johnny_obryant.png
jason_smith.png

zaza_pachulia.png
cole_aldrich.png

khris_middleton.png
pablo_prigioni.png

brandon_knight.png
jose_calderon.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Milwaukee Bucks
Tim Hardaway Jr. (PROB)Ersan Ilyasova - Concussion (OUT)
Iman Shumpert -Dislocated Left Shoulder (OUT)Damien Inglis Post-surgery - Right ankle (OUT)
Carmelo Anthony - Sore Left Knee (DOUBT)Jabari Parker - Left knee ACL injury (OUT)
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (DOUBT)Larry Sanders - Illness (OUT)
Samuel Dalembert - Sprained Right Ankle (QUEST)-
Amar?e Stoudemire - Sore Right Knee (DOUBT)-

Today in Knicks history
2844081.jpg

January 4, 2004Dikembe Mutombo ties a Knicks record for most blocks in a game (10) in 95-85 loss to the New Jersey Nets at Madison Square Garden.

Recent meetings
November 18, 2014New York, once down by 26-points, stormed back to within in three-points only to fall short of a historic comeback as the Knicks fell 117-113 to the Milwaukee Bucks at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Carmelo Anthony led the way with 26 points, six rebounds and five assists over 38 minutes. Tim Hardaway added a season high 24-points off the bench. Iman Shumpert had a great all around game as he recorded 21 points, a team high eight rebounds and team high 8 assists over 36 minutes. Milwaukee was led by Ersan Ilyasova?s 20 points on 8-10 shooting over 29 minutes. Milwaukee had a full team effort as they saw seven players in double-figures.
March 15, 2014New York continued its streak of hot starts, posting 60 first half points to take a 60-42 lead into the break only to cruise in the second half to a easy 115-94 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks at Madison Square Garden to extend its six-game winning streak. New York has averaged 63.0 points in the first half over its last three games. Carmelo Anthony led the team with 23 points and seven rebounds over 33 minutes. Tim Hardaway Jr. recorded 20 points on 8-12 shooting over 25 minutes. J.R. Smith and Amar?e Stoudemire each added 15 points each. Nate Wolters paced the Bucks with 15 points, three rebounds and two assists over 29 minutes. Ramon Sessions and Brandon Knight each added 14 points.

Thanks for a great game thread. We're real bad and half our team is out hurt. I don't know, let's have some fun out there fellas, or something! I don't know.

tiger0330

Legend
The Bucks have some key injuries but that squad still looks good enough to send the Knicks to their 11th straight loss. They need to win tonight otherwise the Knicks may set a franchise record losing streak of 13 games on Wed. Did anyone expect this with our 60M man Phil Jackson on board?

Aldrich, Acy, THJ, JR Smith, and Calderon on the court and somehow we come out not looking too bad. Couple nice passes from JR and a 3 from Calderon.

I know we stink no matter what, but refs are making some pretty ridiculous calls (or in some cases no calls) against us out there in the 1st quarter. Night after night, I watch teams use a fraction of our ball movement on offense and have more success because they have the shooters that we don't have.

Down 22 - 21 at the end of the 1st quarter. I'm betting that Milwaukee did not expect us to compete at all, but we have come out with some intensity at least.

Wow, the wheelchair basketball team that the Knicks sponsor went undefeated this season and won the league championship this year. Best team with the name Knicks on it by far right now. Nice work, fellas.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bucks have some key injuries but that squad still looks good enough to send the Knicks to their 11th straight loss. They need to win tonight otherwise the Knicks may set a franchise record losing streak of 13 games on Wed. Did anyone expect this with our 60M man Phil Jackson on board?

Yep .. on the day Melo sign a 5 yr $124M contract .. that had to piss Phil off

Kiyaman

Legend
Acy got his one big highlight play of the season nice thunder-dunk

The Knicks 100M cap roster, are playing a 8 man rotation that salary total under $20M

tiger0330

Legend
I'd trade Calderon at the deadline for an expiring and a couple of number 2s. Cut Dally and trade JC, that would leave the 2 draft picks as the only assets to salvage this trade for PJ.

tiger0330

Legend
Calderon's a idiot .. Calderon's worst than Felton
I don't think he's been better than Felton. With Melo out he should be option one as the scorer but he doesn't shoot, took 3 shots along with Knight toying with him. I don't know what Jackson saw in the guy.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think he's been better than Felton. With Melo out he should be option one as the scorer but he doesn't shoot, took 3 shots along with Knight toying with him. I don't know what Jackson saw in the guy.

What we got 2 wins in the 22 games Calderon started .. thas BAD NEWS

mafra

Legend
What we got 2 wins in the 22 games Calderon started .. thas BAD NEWS

I was thinking the same exact thing. I believed our poorish start was partly to blame on his absence. Hey, perhaps we win half of those close games we ended up choking away. But this cat aint a key piece, third-4th option, or even a significant role player... At best, he's a 15-20 minute 3rd guard off bench. NO wonder why he led NBA in 3-point shooting. He takes 2 shots a game. He makes Priggs look like a gunner.

With these Melo-less lineups... a legit 7 mil a year guard should EASILY score 20.

NYK will have to burn an asset to unload his 7 mil contract for the next 2 years. Forget young players or draft picks, we need to use Shump or Amare to dump Smith and Calderon and that 14 mil in salary next year

tiger0330

Legend
Never fails to amaze me how full the Garden is with the Knicks playing this bad against a small market team like the Bucks. The fans almost give a pass to the Knicks to lose, I've often wondered if the fans didn't show up if that would make a difference.

Felton has played less than 10 minutes of combined game time this season. Just throwing that out there. Everyone needs to get over the Dallas trade. It is not even close to the reason why we are so bad this year.

We have over 63 million dollars of salary not playing any minutes tonight. People need to get over Calderon.