Informal Game Thread - Knicks vs Rockets - 1/8/14

If you're watching this game and expecting us to win, you might have brain damage, but hey, you never know. Let's go Knicks!

Starting lineup is Aldrich, Jason Smith, THJ, Calderon, and Prigs. Offense looks good in the first few minutes, but defense looks terrible.

Acy first sub off the bench and comes in for Jason Smith, who I suppose I can now just call Smith with JR gone.

For those of you in our betting pool for how long it will take us to fall down by double digits, the winner, once again, is less than 10 minutes into the game.

We continue to throw young guys out there woefully unprepared and they continue to keep these games closer than they should. Only down 27 - 22 at end of the first quarter.

First half with some ups and downs, but overall, we're just not putting a team on the floor that can beat anybody. Minnesota and Philly fanbases definitely hating us right now as we screw up their own attempts at tanking to the bottom. No one but us could get away with putting this bad a team out there night after night. Don't anyone get too hot or you will suddenly find yourself on the bench in a suit with some injury that never seems to heal.

Settled in nicely to our usual 15 to 20 point deficit and we can now watch our guys ride this out to another loss. Not much else to say about this team right now.

Galloway, Larkin, and Early on the break. Galloway behind the back to Larkin who throws the alley oop to Early who throws it down. Very cool moment. Still, we're losing by 22.

Galloway having a great 2nd game as a pro. 17 points on 6 of 9 shooting with 3 three's and still 9 minutes to go.

Kiyaman

Legend
Can i say it now .. end of 3rd qtr.
Knicks 69
Rockets 93

Knicks are on their way to their 14th straight LOSS, and 1 win out of last 24 games.
With this type of TANKING losing streak the NBA will personally make sure the Knicks don't receive the first, 2nd, or 3rd pick in the 2015 LOTTO draft. I wouldn't be surprise if the NBA FINED the Knicks for this seasons action.
Phil Jackson is a IDIOT!!!!!

Knicks 69
Rockets 93

Knicks are on their way to their 14th straight LOSS, and 1 win out of last 24 games.
With this type of TANKING losing streak the NBA will personally make sure the Knicks don't receive the first, 2nd, or 3rd pick in the 2015 LOTTO draft. I wouldn't be surprise if the NBA FINED the Knicks for this seasons action.

What you're saying is exactly my fear. This awful wasted season and watch us end up with the 4th pick or something like that. Bad karma in a lottery that often seems fixed.

Kiyaman

Legend
What you're saying is exactly my fear. This awful wasted season and watch us end up with the 4th pick or something like that. Bad karma in a lottery that often seems fixed.

The Knicks started the season with a $90M cap roster, the 5-30 start was from poor coaching.
Tanking coaching.

Kiyaman

Legend
First half with some ups and downs, but overall, we're just not putting a team on the floor that can beat anybody. Minnesota and Philly fanbases definitely hating us right now as we screw up their own attempts at tanking to the bottom. No one but us could get away with putting this bad a team out there night after night. Don't anyone get too hot or you will suddenly find yourself on the bench in a suit with some injury that never seems to heal.

u r a old Knicks Fan .. thats what the Knicks did in 1984-85 season to get the first pick in the draft Patrick Ewing.
The Knicks two star players Bernard King & Bill Cartwright missed the entire 1984-85 season with injury.

tiger0330

Legend
Galloway having a great 2nd game as a pro. 17 points on 6 of 9 shooting with 3 three's and still 9 minutes to go.
You know I said in that Galloway thread that he was a long shot to make it being only 6'2" and undrafted but I may have underestimated him. Maybe we get a solid rotation player out of this disastrous season.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks 69
Rockets 93

Don't forget NBA Commish Silver IS a Knicks fan....We will get he number #1 pick in the spring...I guarantee...it's bad business for two on the NBA three biggest markets (NY and LA) to have crappy teams...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk