Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets (2015/01/24)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
CHA.gif

(8-36) (18-26)

VenueTVTIME
Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NCMSG7:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

lou_amundson.png
michael_kidd-gilchrist.png

carmelo_anthony.png
cody_zeller.png

jason_smith.png
bismack_biyombo.png

jose_calderon.png
gerald_henderson.png

langston_galloway.png
kemba_walker.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Philadelphia Sixers
Andrea Bargnani - Sore Right Calf (OUT)Jannero Pargo - Low Back Soreness (OUT)
Cleanthony Early - Sprained Right Ankle (OUT)Kemba Walker - Left Knee Cyst (DOUBT)
Jose Calderon - Contused Left Knee - (OUT)-
- -
- -

Today in Knicks history
488269661.jpg

January 24, 1997Chris Childs records a triple-double with 13 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists in 113-104 (OT) loss at Charlotte Hornets.

Thanks for the great game thread. We're winning by 10 early in the 2nd quarter. Why are we playing so much better than we were just a week or so ago? I have no idea, but I guess it's thanks to the roster shake-up. Seems like a completely different team out there.

We've been on a nice roll until tonight, but it looks like this game is starting to get away from us in the 4th quarter. Playing without Melo, Calderon, and Stat leaves a lot of the weight on a group that is high energy, but not high talent or experience.

Resilient squad out there. We get all the way back to within 1, led by Amundson, with less than 6 minutes to go.

Great effort in every facet of the game from a rotation that leaned heavily on THJ, Galloway, Amundson, Lance Thomas, Jason Smith, and Aldrich, except that the shooting was miserable overall. Nice individual scoring effort from THJ though. Tough loss, but fun game to watch.

CoolClyde

did the Fish really go with 3 centers to end the third? Aldrich, Amundsen and A'mare? that was sh*t coaching, or perhaps tank coaching ;)... no wonder Knicks couldn't score with that lineup.

might have been the worst I've ever seen STAT, playing like total SHAT the whole game... turnovers, couldn't score, defend, hold onto the ball. horrible!

give Cole Aldrich more minutes, what the f*ckety f*ck?

and more minutes for Galloway, the kid looks like a floor general out there, the only one who knows how to run the triangle, but no one gets him the ball, hardly.

idk, i'm excited when the Knicks win, and excited when they lose. one step closer to more damn ping pong balls. go team.

tiger0330

Legend
Stat hasn't looked the same as the beginning of the season. He's played like crap since returning from his latest knee problems, no need to keep him around after the trade deadline. If the Knicks can't deal him they should waive him and let him see if he can hook up with a team in contention. I still hope they can make some deals for Calderon and Prigs to get some picks.

CoolClyde

i really wonder what's up PJ's magic sleeve... will he waive or trade STAT or just let his contract expire? can Knicks get ANYTHING for Bargnani? does any team need a (backup) PG like Calderone for what he gets paid? does Prigioni really matter? once these four are off the books, it will be a very clean slate to work with.

I'm liking Galloway better than Jose at this point...;)

Kiyaman

Legend
Missed the game, checking the game stats to notice Fisher is still coaching to TANK.
Knicks poor defensive coaching gave the Hornets 37 FT shots at 65% shooting the Hornets got 24 points from the line.
Knicks poor offensive coaching got 18 FT shots at 50% shooting for 9 Knicks points from the line.

This game had to show the poor defensive skills/talents of SF-Lance Thomas and SG-Tim Hardaway Jr., both wing players average 35 minutes in the game, totaling for 41 points on 50% fg shooting, and 6 shots from the FT line.
When is Fisher going to coach DEFENSE to the Knicks players????

Should Phil trade for the Hornets Lance Stephenson, and a first round pick for Amare ending contract?
MJ Hornets would have a playoff team with Amare & Al Jefferson

paris401

Starter
Should Phil trade for the Hornets Lance Stephenson, and a first round pick for Amare ending contract?
MJ Hornets would have a playoff team with Amare & Al Jefferson

trade for amare?? yesterday is limped out of the locker room with a brace on his rite knee, his left ankle wrapped, and wanting a wrap for his left wrist... and if they trade him for Stephenson, who they sending us to make up the diff in salaries???...

maybe someone has a real handle on the CBA and can comment , but amare and the I'Talian as I see it have no value, and will either be waived in feb, or their contract will expire after the season...

Kiyaman

Legend
trade for amare?? yesterday is limped out of the locker room with a brace on his rite knee, his left ankle wrapped, and wanting a wrap for his left wrist... and if they trade him for Stephenson, who they sending us to make up the diff in salaries???...

maybe someone has a real handle on the CBA and can comment , but amare and the I'Talian as I see it have no value, and will either be waived in feb, or their contract will expire after the season...

For some unknown reason i see Amare playing 65+ games next season on the next team, and Barg playing every game next season overseas .... The Knicks organization has been the NBA rehab for injury expensive players