Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Miami Heat - February 20, 2015

Second half of the season which mercifully for us is only another 29 games. In my mind, it is a 4 team race to stay at the bottom for the lottery between us, Minnesota, Philly, and the Lakers. If we go 0 and 29 to finish the season we are guaranteed the worst record in the NBA. Can we do it? Let's go...ah, this season sucks.

Shved not available tonight, but apparently when he does play he will wear #1. Not sure why that has to be his roster number, but whatever.

Heat are without Bosh because of his possible pulmonary emboli, which could end his season, and without Dragic who is not available yet. Wade, who skipped the All-Star game in MSG, will play tonight and I predict he will score at least 40.

tiger0330

Legend
They have Early starting in place of Melo, he's one of those pieces that can salvage that Chandler trade. He has not proven that he can break into an NBA rotation so I hope Fisher gives him plenty if playing time to prove himself.

They have Early starting in place of Melo, he's one of those pieces that can salvage that Chandler trade. He has not proven that he can break into an NBA rotation so I hope Fisher gives him plenty if playing time to prove himself.

And of course, Early gives us the young Knick getting a chance to start usual performance of 2 quick fouls and having to sit after playing for 3 minutes.

Everything you need to know about the disappointment of THJ this season: even on this talent-deprived team, he is still a 2nd unit player and not even the first guy off the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
And of course, Early gives us the young Knick getting a chance to start usual performance of 2 quick fouls and having to sit after playing for 3 minutes.
I have mentioned I have not been impressed with him so far. Doesn't seem to be the athlete you saw on YouTube playing at Witchita. He doesn't have a great pedigree either, community college and a late bloomer so he might be a 1 year wonder with his year at Witchita. I'm hoping its the after effects of his knee injury but the Knicks need to find out about him.

Maybe this is the start of the all-new THJ. 9 points in the first quarter on 4 for 4 shooting. His defense still looks terrible though.

Early back into the game 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Let's see if he can stay on the floor for a while this time.

tiger0330

Legend
Bargs does have some skills but we don't need him to suddenly ignite a winning streak now. It's critical to get the worst record so we pick no worse than 4.

Galloway continues to rebound and create turnovers on defense. It makes it very easy to argue for him continuing to get major minutes even with the inconsistency in his offensive game.

Whiteside is a beast on defense, but he looks like he's going to cry after Aldrich fouls him hard in the paint down the other end.

Pretty typical Knicks game this season. We compete for long stretches and then give up a run to fall behind. We then never show any ability to make up the difference until the final buzzer.

Okay, it's official, we are definitely tanking. Calderon just missed two consecutive free throws. Might be the first time he has done that in his career.

Down 58 - 48 at the half. Offense has been okay and defense has been atrocious. Been a long time since we have shown any ability to make a comeback and win. Not sure there is any reason to believe we will tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm actually happy Miami is winning by 10. I was getting worried when they were ahead that they might win this game. Sad but that's the reality of it.

tiger0330

Legend
Htr10 other than the guys that are signed for next year, any guys you want to bring back. Amundsen is a guy I would like to bring back.

Htr10 other than the guys that are signed for next year, any guys you want to bring back. Amundsen is a guy I would like to bring back.

Along with Amundsen, I would go with Galloway (obvious with the team option) and Jason Smith. Guys like Aldrich and Lance Thomas, as well as Acy and Wear (both team options), seem like reasonable options as well, but I think there's a million other players in the league who can fills these guys roles for the same minimal cost.