Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz - March 10, 2015

Utah has been the hottest team in the league over the last couple weeks and we are the worst team in the NBA. So, there you go. Also, doesn't help that we are a boring team to watch right now. Things that could make us less boring would include Early having another good effort tonight and Galloway being more aggressive out there. Gordon Hayward out tonight. Shved will get another start.

Story online today says that both Barkley and Reggie Miller think we should take Towns in the draft if he is available when we pick, even if it is the #1 pick. Interesting.

tiger0330

Legend
The Jazz are playing lock down D since the Kanter trade. The Knicks can't score so this may be an even uglier low scoring game by the boys than usual.

The Jazz are playing lock down D since the Kanter trade. The Knicks can't score so this may be an even uglier low scoring game by the boys than usual.

Yeah, I think this is going to be another lousy game for us. I'm way more interested in Thursday night's game against the Lakers, but that 10:30 start for that game is brutal.

tiger0330

Legend
Story online today says that both Barkley and Reggie Miller think we should take Towns in the draft if he is available when we pick, even if it is the #1 pick. Interesting.
I have been warming up to the idea of Towns instead of Okafor myself and also trading the number 1 for Phillies top pick and one of their lower ones. Get Russell with say the 3rd pick then trade him for Butler or Green in a SnT.

Let's hope the ball bounces our way though and we get the top pick.

Galloway sits with 2 early fouls. Early, THJ, and now Galloway have all cost themselves minutes in the last couple weeks by making silly fouls in the first few minutes.

We got out to an early lead, but now tied at 15 with less than 4 minutes to go in the 1st. Ball movement and defense have been good, but just not knocking down enough shots.

Watching this game, you'd think the Jazz were dominating us because they have had a bunch of big plays, but we've hung around and are still only down by 1.

Utah closes the 2nd quarter strong to lead 43 - 35 at the half. Utah's defense is as good as advertised and we just don't have legitimate NBA offensive weapons on the floor right now.

tiger0330

Legend
12-2 run by the Knicks to take the lead. Snyder calls a TO and I'm sure telling his team "I told you not to take these guys too lightly"

tiger0330

Legend
Shved making serious attempt at getting an offer to return to the Knicks next season. Does a little bit of everything, today he's leading in RBs and 4/6 from 3.

Shved having a great game. He may make it very hard for us not to resign him if he plays this well from here on out. Still unsure what kind of price tag he will carry.

tiger0330

Legend
Bargs, Shved and Aldrich carrying the team. I prefer Cole over Smith to tell you the truth, there was a story about bringing Smith back but he plays too far away from the basket for me. Cole is that big body under the basket that I like.

Bargs, Shved and Aldrich carrying the team. I prefer Cole over Smith to tell you the truth, there was a story about bringing Smith back but he plays too far away from the basket for me. Cole is that big body under the basket that I like.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed watching Aldrich this year. Definitely good enough to be a backup center with upside. Jason Smith brings a lot on offense, but we can't have a frontcourt with him and Melo together consistently next year.

Bargs with another 20 point game here in the 2nd half of the season. I hope this all helps him get a nice contract with anyone but us next year.

Down 6 with 30 seconds to go. Utah's defense has been too tough for us to crack despite nice offensive games from Shved and Bargs.