Lenny Wilkens reportedly RESIGNS

Blumatic

Rotation player
The team is so bad this is the second time a coach quits on them. Its a shame. Lenny has been a pro throughout all of this ordeal and his team could not get a win for him. I blame the players. The coach can only do so much.

Lenny is a very good coach. Although he was just not fit to coach the Knicks. The Knicks need someone to toughen them up. One of the best coaches out there might be Jeff Bzdelik. The Knicks have the talent, they just dont know how to use it.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
its about time
i really dont think lenny was such a great coach at all recently. yes, hes the all time leader in victories but hes coached for 32 seasons, and is also the all time leader in losses, he was already drained once he left the raptors because of their horendous season some years. his coaching mite have been good many years ago when he won a title in the lates 70s with the sonics but now hes just too old, not firey enough, they need some1 to yell at them, some1 to instruct them, some1 to give them better guidance, thats all

l8r

6thman

Benchwarmer
ok it's done!! I know it wasn' t only lenny's fault but we needed some change! Thank you Lenny Wilkens, you did what you could do but that wasn't enough!
Can somebody tell us about Herb Williams, our new head coach??

NYKnicks15

Starter
true but its not Marbury that needs to be coached. Its everyone else accept for maybe Jerome Williams and Kurt Thomas. Ariza and Sweetney need someone that can prepare them for the future and teach them every aspect of the game. We need someone to slap some sense into Crawford and tell him shoot when you have a good calm shot and to drive to the hoop! We need someone that can teach the importance of an inside presence seeing he was one in his playing career. Someone the guys respect, like Wilkens BUT also somewhat fear...Ive said it once and ill say it again Phil Jackson 05-06 season hell be our coach. Any sports columinst you listen to thinks that aswell either him or Larry Brown...but as I said Larry lost his love for the game personally thats what i think...plus if Phil wants that 10th ring why not get it the place he spent most of his career the challenge known as NY

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Everyone blames Lenny that's fine, but consider the Knicks games recently. How many times has Marbury been a shoot first pass later type of point guard. This was my fear when we got Marbury. He's always tried to be the whole show. This is simply not possible. Kurt Thomas after the loss to the Raptors said that no one could keep their man in front of them, especially up top (The guards essentially). He was right. Jalen Rose scored 16 in the fourth against the non existent defense of Marbury and Crawford, who I've recently started referring to as tweedle dee and tweedle dumb (who's who is up to you). Marbury has to take a lot of the blame because he and Crawford shoot the ball really early against the Knicks shot clock. Earlier in the season when the Knicks were contending, there was a ton of ball movement. This is not the case anymore guys are flat footed sometimes because they know when they screen and roll, the pass isn't coming. That is really frustrating if you ask me. I see Nazr open sometimes and he doesn't get the dime, instead the ball goes to Crawford to try a fadeaway three. Ariza has recently developed a semi reliable jumper, but he would be better served to keep driving and keeping defenses honest. Sweetney looks heavy. He needs to drop some weight again. Early in the season he was moving better. All the problems bother me because they are soooo rectifiable. So if any Knicks reads this go back to the basics, cause you all were better when you focused on that.

Blumatic

Rotation player
When the Knicks lost their home opener to the Celtics, I felt that this year would not be as great as it would be. During the season I did not see this team as title contender or a playoff contender. The team is so inconsistent. Their defense is soft all around especially with the backcourt. Everyone in New York is thirsting for a championship in basketball, and my friend that day will be so special. with that said, the future is much brighter than the present. Isiah's plan is long term.

Listen, we have the highest payroll in the league, with a team the is wing men oriented. Isiah inherited an already over the cap team that had players that weren't even worth of metioning. I think Isiah is making questionable moves to get the players he wants such as Marbury, Crawford, and Mohammad. Other expensive players such as Penny, TT, and JYD were not in his plans. With all the moves he made the only plus player he got was JYD b/c of his defense. TT, Penny, Houston, and maybe Moochie are definitely in his plans (maybe Kurt also). He wanted to get certain players and he had to pay a price. I thnk he has his explosive backcourt that he wanted. Now he just needs to fill in the gaps with defensive players and hopefully one of those players can give a surprising offensive punch. Also I really think the EDUCATION OF SWEETS is so important. He his the only player with a post game. He has to play more minutes. Anyway Isiah's plan is long term we just have to watch the Knicks for what they are and just wait.