Knicks 2015 Preseason Game 4 - October 16, 2015

tiger0330

Legend
7:30 @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
Celtics at Knicks

Affalo and Serafin should play. Porzingis will rest but say's he's 100% and should play Sat. against the Hornets, very good news. With Affalo back and predicted to be the starting SG this season this will give the Knicks their first idea of how the team looks with a critical piece in the lineup.

This will be the first appearance by David Lee in a Celtics uniform since being traded from the Warriors. Along with the off-season acquisition of Amir Johnson, the Celtics front court will be much improved from last year.

Last edited:

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Great news indeed, hope Afflalo isn't hurrying it, it's important that he get some preseason minutes with the team I think, but not at the cost of pulling a Calderon and never being fully healthy so lets hope we are smart all the way around the organization this time. I feel like a lot of the preseason ailments are always very precautionary, like Seraphin says he has an ingrown hair on his knee and gets shut down for a couple games because he had knee surgery previously, but still, it's good that everyone is getting to be good to go, just the hammy stuff scares me, hope it is fully healed

tiger0330

Legend
Seraphin needs to do what Bogut did this off-season and drop some weight, Bogut really looks good with the haircut and is about 25 lbs. lighter than he was in the finals. The Wiz said Seraphin's knee injury was because of carrying too much weight and it's a trend in the league to shed weight to take stress off the knees.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Worked for my fat ass, I got up to 226 knee was always sore, couple years ago I dropped down under 200 (as far as 188 but went back up to 195) but knee pain really vanished, the joints can scream in disapproval when you let yourself go!

DrB

Benchwarmer
the FORUM

7:30 @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
Celtics at Knicks

Affalo and Serafin should play. Porzingis will rest but say's he's 100% and should play Sat. against the Hornets, very good news. With Affalo back and predicted to be the starting SG this season this will give the Knicks their first idea of how the team looks with a critical piece in the lineup.

This will be the first appearance by David Lee in a Celtics uniform since being traded from the Warriors. Along with the off-season acquisition of Amir Johnson, the Celtics front court will be much improved from last year.

Just a point for other OCD fans like myself. I record the games and then re watch keying in on a player away from the ball to see if they are rotating on defense, boxing out, etc. It give me a whole new view on defensive intensity of the individual. BTW Vujacic was engaged to Sharapova....already I like him for the 3 years worth of fun he had.
I can' wait to see Afflolo and how he fits in with Melo. Fast question. Does anyone know what David Lee signed for? He made 15 million plus last year with the WARIORS?

tiger0330

Legend
Good start by Affalo, couple of baskets and rebounds. Really don't know why DFish starts Lance Thomas except as a sub for Zinger. Looks to me Fisher wants to start Zinger since he isn't playing Quinn or DWill as the starting 4. Quinn probably is the 2nd unit 4 and DWill comes in for Melo.

Vujacic starts the 2nd half instead of Afflalo, who is now sitting and chatting with Porzingis on the bench. Porzingis in street clothes tonight, but expected to play tomorrow.

Robin Lopez and Melo showing a symbiotic relationship on the offensive boards. First, they crash the offensive boards together and Lopez creates havoc so that Melo can get the board and the putback. Next possession, they each get an offensive board to get the possession alive.

Brief game stoppage after a small boy wanders onto the court. Oh wait, that's Brad Stevens getting a technical.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good start by Affalo, couple of baskets and rebounds. Really don't know why DFish starts Lance Thomas except as a sub for Zinger. Looks to me Fisher wants to start Zinger since he isn't playing Quinn or DWill as the starting 4. Quinn probably is the 2nd unit 4 and DWill comes in for Melo.

Just got in ...how did Afflalo look with new teammates

Broadway

All Star
Williams and O'Quinn looked good yet again as did Afflalo(for his first game). Double A is the kind of player who really won't WOW you over, and at times his play can be very vanilla but statistically he manages to do well.

Kiyaman

Legend
Afflalo gets 8 minutes n Porzingis gets DNP ....

I caught the 4th qtr. of the Cetricks playing ruff-neck ball .. O'Quinn taking the punishment n fighting back with a double-double in 18 minutes of PT .. I want O'Quinn to get the starting PF spot.
Coach Fisher act like he dont know ?? every time someone question him about O'Quinn good preseason performance

Derick Williams got me apologizing each Knicks preseason game

tiger0330

Legend
Just got in ...how did Afflalo look with new teammates
He only played 8 minutes in the 1st half but he was very good. He's going to be a day one starter over Sasha. Again the Knicks offense has surprised me, balanced scoring by everyone. In today's NBA you have to be able to shoot the 3 and this team can with Melo, Affalo, DWill, Sasha, JC, Gallo, Early, Zinger and even Quinn all able to hit that shot. Even Lance made one tonight which tells me the boys are going to shoot the 3 a lot this season. Very solid showing by the team on a night when Melo was off.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Afflalo gets 8 minutes n Porzingis gets DNP ....

I caught the 4th qtr. of the Cetricks playing ruff-neck ball .. O'Quinn taking the punishment n fighting back with a double-double in 18 minutes of PT .. I want O'Quinn to get the starting PF spot.
Coach Fisher act like he dont know ?? every time someone question him about O'Quinn good preseason performance

Derick Williams got me apologizing each Knicks preseason game
DFish is still in the lab experimenting in the pre-season but he's got to get Quinn and DWill max minutes the way they've been playing. Quinn went in for Lopez early when Rolo picked up 2 quick fouls so he can get some minutes at the 5 along with his minutes at the 4. DWill gets minutes at the 3/4, won't be a bad thing that Melo doesn't play 38 mins with DWill around.

Still would like to see Grant starting just to see what that looks like but DFish likes that vet presence of JC.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
He's got to play Calderon to show case him as a trade plus with his salary he's forced to play him. But who starts is not as important as who finishes. I know it pre season but Jackson has done a great job considering no super star wanted NY. Nevertheless Derrick Williams will be a star on this team.