New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics - Game 6 Of The Pre-Season And Finale - 7:30 PM EST

Broadway

All Star
Tonight we've looked very much of the team that won 17gms last yr. Only Calderon and Williams appear to have a pulse. Lopez and Melo have been disgusting. Afflalo was decent before he tweaked his hammy.

pat

Starter
Lopez and Melo have been disgusting. Afflalo was decent before he tweaked his hammy.
Not sure whether putting Melo and Lopez into the same lineup is a good idea. Seraphin is a much better passer and with Melo on the floor, ... You get the idea. I guess you just cannot play that much money from the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
Not sure whether putting Melo and Lopez into the same lineup is a good idea. Seraphin is a much better passer and with Melo on the floor, ... You get the idea. I guess you just cannot play that much money from the bench.
Missed the game but I said Lopez has the potential to be PJ's biggest bust relative to his contract. Guy making 13M a year should give you more than 8/8, I don't care what they say about his intangibles.

mafra

Legend
Well, just like last year... Our new guard, who is billed to take the offensive load off Melo some, is starting year off on wrong leg... Afflalo, like Calderon, dealing with naggin injury.

Melo has his second consecutive dismal shooting performance.

Good to see Porz racking up assists.

Settling for Lopez... Just pisses you off that Monroe left us at the alter.

they haven't played in a few days, already beat BOS, and are probably tired of preseason games... I hope to see a renewed focus next Wed.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope the Knicks roster watch the tape of this Boston game to notice how well the Boston Celtricks 11 man rotation compliment their teammate on offense n defense throughout the game to get 28 ast .. Sullinger attack the defensive board the same way David Lee used to do for the Knicks.
Im guessin the Boston Celtricks roster will be playing hard this season to become a 6th seed team East postseason team.

The Knicks guards are two weak to control the tempo of the game will be our biggest weakness, the Knicks showed no inside passing or inside scoring that will show our guards working with our bigs to score.
In the regular season Fisher will have to split the PF spot 48 minutes between O'Quinn n Seraphin if the Knicks want to win more than 17 games.
D.Will n Melo are weak at the PF spot on defense letting guards score inside, plus Early is weak on offense at the SF spot.
We have to many weakness heading into the regular season.
Plus Lopez will need to work on his hook shot more in practice to score 3-5 hook-shots a game.
The Knicks never had the lead in 48 minutes in this game

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Porzingis and lopez on the floor together is not a good idea.. Too much lumbering and too slow switching on perimeter players...

last night was brutal, the offense was sticky ball with captain nut carmelo anthony hoisting bricks, and now we added another self contained player in aflalo.

Boston moved the ball well and that team is deep. Getting lee and amir johnson in the offseason was a really good pick up by boston.

Broadway

All Star
Porzingis and lopez on the floor together is not a good idea.. Too much lumbering and too slow switching on perimeter players...

last night was brutal, the offense was sticky ball with captain nut carmelo anthony hoisting bricks, and now we added another self contained player in aflalo.

Boston moved the ball well and that team is deep. Getting lee and amir johnson in the offseason was a really good pick up by boston.

Agreed and if we go off preseason records mixed with all likelihood then get ready for another tough season. As I've been saying to the fanbase for a few yrs now...the league is getting better and quickly. We have mixed parts of primarily eggy smelling farts on this roster. We're going nowhere, even guys on NBAtv who often times try to be as even handed as they can with their critique said the over/under on the Knicks winning 31 gms was under(Dennis Scott and Stu Jackson). Dennis Scott said what you said, we're going to get caught playing sticky ball too much relying on Melo. They both also said as time goes by they see Phil and Melo having a discussion about being traded(I can only hope).

They do like Porzingis but said it's going to take time and we need lots of patience with him.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

That's Lopez's biggest problem and why I said he's an overrated defender, doesn't move his feet quick enough, ironically, the guy that PJ let go Tyson Chandler had way better lateral quickness. I know there were a thousand reasons why he wouldn't come back to NY but I'd rather give him 52m even at his age versus Lopez.