julius_randle.png
kristaps_porzingis.png

jordan_clarkson.png
robin_lopez.png

kobe_bryant.png
jose_calderon.png

dangelo_russell.png
sasha_vujacic.png

Lineup might change - http://nypost.com/2015/11/07/knicks-mulling-a-lineup-shakeup-that-already-may-be-overdue/

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Los Angeles Lakers
Arron Afflalo - Strained Left Hamstring (OUT)-
Lou Amundson - Sore lower back (OUT)-

Game Preview

Knicks President Phil Jackson, Bryant's coach on five championship-winning teams, said before the season he didn't believe this would be Bryant's last, but that perhaps it would be his last in purple and gold.

"How many times do I have to say it?" the 37-year-old said. "I've said it so many times. I'm here, I'm a Laker for life. I'm not playing anywhere else no matter what. It's just not going to happen. I bleed purple and gold, and that's just how it's going to be."

Even if this is Bryant's swan song, he doesn't want one of those farewell tours where teams he's spent two decades battling honor him. To Bryant, the best way to honor him is to try to beat him.

"I really just appreciate the game the way it's been played over the years and I appreciate the competition, so it's like, the biggest sign of respect to me would be to approach it just like it was any other game and try to kick our butt just like it was any other game," he said. "Those are the things that I hold extremely dear."

Knicks fans may want to beat him, but many will cheer him. It's always been that way in New York and that was proven again Friday night in Brooklyn, where he received such loud applause that Los Angeles coach Byron Scott said one Nets player told him it felt like a road game.

Scott expects more of the same Sunday.

"When you talk about New York, they are basketball fans, big time," Scott said. "They love greatness and they're going to show their appreciation. No matter if they don't like you as a team or not, they love great players."

Bryant will see a great player in a Knicks uniform who hasn't performed that way in the early going. Carmelo Anthony is shooting 36.6 percent from the field during New York's 2-4 start after finishing with 17 points and five turnovers in Friday's 99-92 loss to Milwaukee.

The Knicks never led against the Bucks, and they're really struggling behind the arc at MSG. New York is shooting 21.2 percent from 3-point range there, making just 14 of 66 attempts.

Anthony has averaged 32.0 points in three home games against the Lakers in a Knicks uniform, all New York wins.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. Good hearing that Fisher may make a change in the starting lineup but I'll believe it when I see it. He's too comfortable with that guaranteed 5yr/25M deal of his and his godfather PJ running the show to be held accountable. Calderon is an obvious DNP and having him on the floor makes the Knicks play catch up early in the games. Time to see if Gallo has what it takes to start in this league. Maybe start DWill at the 2 also to get him on the floor for his offense as well until AA gets back.

Last thing I want to see is a standing ovation for Kobe either, I could care less if this is the last time he plays in MSG.

tiger0330

Legend
Calderon will not be benched today. Same starting back court of JC and Sasha. I hope Calderon rewards Fish's faith in him by making some shots.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Missed the first quarter, just got back from Spectre (suckie movie fyi) tight game, Calderon still on the court i see

tiger0330

Legend
Damn, I'm a big Bond fan esp with Craig as Bond.

It's only 6 games in his young career but I don't see what D'Angelo Russell had that made the Lakers select him at 2.

tiger0330

Legend
That's the first time I recall a coach getting two techs on one play and getting tossed. Ought to be a rule only allowing 1 tech on a single play.

Last edited:
Kurt Rambis found the right lineup for the home stretch. Huge performance from Melo, Porzingis, Robin Lopez, Galloway, and Calderon as a unit to get us up by 6 with 1 minute to go.

Hey Lakers, thank you. Thank you for our first home win of the season and thank you for the league loving you so much that you got our 2 spot in the draft instead of us, giving you Russell and us Porzingis.

Hey, Byron Scott, have fun with Russell. We're pretty happy with Porzingis. Wink!

tiger0330

Legend
Zinger 80% plus FT shooter another thing I like about the kid. He got another double/double today along with Rolo, I think his first for the Knicks. They did it with D, trading baskets for most of the game with the lead swinging back and forth until about the 6 min mark of the 4th and then holding the Lakers to no field goals and 4 pts off FT's.

Calderon with a good game, getting a reprieve from the calls to bench him. Glad the Lakers couldn't get the win even though the Knicks didn't shoot over 40% for the game. Affalo is only going to help because Sasha should be playing in Russia not the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey Lakers, thank you. Thank you for our first home win of the season and thank you for the league loving you so much that you got our 2 spot in the draft instead of us, giving you Russell and us Porzingis.

Hey, Byron Scott, have fun with Russell. We're pretty happy with Porzingis. Wink!
You know we may have dodged a bullet there if we were 2, I wonder if we would have passed on Okafor and got Russell since PJ scouted Russell and was actually fined pre-draft for saying he was going to have a nice career in the NBA. I don't think any GM was going to go out on a limb and draft Zinger at 2.

Broadway

All Star
Lakers are pretty bad as their record shows but it was nice to get the first home win even against a bad team.

Lakers are just a terrible basketball team. We owned them last yr. Can't take anything from this victory since we struggled with them all game. Although I do appreciate #kporzee and Galloway continuing to be our most consistent contributors even when their stats suggest otherwise. As you said good we won at home finally. Lakers may end up with the worst record in the NBA.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The "last possible Kobe game at the Garden" was a little bit much for me. It's early in the season. If he returns next season then here we go again when he plays there. He might even play past next season for all we know.

The Lakers aren't good, but the Knicks still showed their fight, and they closed this one out. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Kiyaman

Legend
You know we may have dodged a bullet there if we were 2, I wonder if we would have passed on Okafor and got Russell since PJ scouted Russell and was actually fined pre-draft for saying he was going to have a nice career in the NBA. I don't think any GM was going to go out on a limb and draft Zinger at 2.

Dum move by Phil for not having a reliable college-scout, 2nd Dum move making predictable comments of selecting D'Angelo Russell if Knicks receive the 1st pick. Fools-Mate for Lakers .. Grant 18 minutes n 8 dimes out did D'Angelo 28 minutes 3 dimes n 3 steals.

I miss the early game, catchin the late 8 clock game now.
Calderon is finally looking like a good NBA guard against Lakers rookie PG D'Angelo Russell ???
Fisher has to put Galloway in the starter lineup sooner than he thought to replace Calderon,
plus make rookie Grant the 6th man to get run with Gallo in a lineup.

I still cant believe Phil gave a INJURY FA player a $8M contract

tiger0330

Legend
If Kobe is playing like this in January he should call it a career if he has any pride. The Lakers are not going to offer him another 20M extension.

mafra

Legend
Will someone whisper in PJ & Fisher ear .. Galloway is our Starter n Finisher

I think they view Galloway as the perfect JR replacement... A J-Crawford type combo guard best suited to be the sixth man... A valuable asset to any bench' and basically like an additional starter. I think Langston is playing his way into the starting lineup tho.

I understand our starting SG is out... I also understand that Calderon has posted ELITE... Not just good, but elite assist:turnover ratio and three-point shooting %... I get they want to see if last year was the aberration BC of injuries and new system... And I credit Fish for limiting his minutes...

truth is, we need Calderon and affalo to help the offense... And right now, Langston and grant can bide their time...just let each individual performance dictate minutes, based on production in the first half and third quarter. Be fluid.

the team finally closed out a fourth quarter... They have been in all but 1 game really... Let's hope we can find ways to win...

A big win... Had to beat the LAK at home... Had to get another win for the win column... Avoid having losing settle in again.