robin_lopez.png

kentavious_caldwell-pope.png
arron_afflalo.png

reggie_jackson.png
jose_calderon.png

Injury Report

Detroit Pistons
New York Knicks
Jodie Meeks - Fracture, fifth metatarsal, right foot (OUT)Lou Amundson - Low Back Spasms (QUEST)
--

Game Preview

Carmelo Anthony insists the New York Knicks are keeping their heads up during a four-game losing streak. After a skid that's only half that long, the Detroit Pistons somehow sound more fatalistic.

A look at their upcoming schedule might make the Knicks a bit more despondent, though, with Tuesday night's home date with the Pistons serving as perhaps their best chance to keep their rough patch from spiraling out of control.

New York has been vastly improved from last season's 17-win disaster, but there have been signs of a lengthy backslide in the past five weeks. The Knicks (14-18) are currently on their third four-game skid in that stretch, and they're averaging just 93.0 points in this one after a four-game winning streak in which they never scored less than 107.

They shot 37.1 percent in Sunday's 100-91 loss at Boston, the second time on their three-game road trip they shot under 40. New York has connected on just 27.9 percent of its 3s in the past six games.

"It's more stress than anything because you're praying (for them) to go in, you're hoping them to go in," said Anthony, the offensive outlier at 53.3 percent in his last four. "It's not confident when you're shooting the ball."

Kristaps Porzingis is shooting 31.8 percent in his last 10, but Anthony isn't going to let the rookie or anyone else feel sorry for themselves.

"We have a positive attitude, we've just gotta figure out a way to win basketball games," Anthony said. "The attitude is not going anywhere. I won't allow that."

It could be tough to stay that optimistic. The Pistons (17-14) are New York's sixth opponent in a stretch of 11 straight against above .500 teams, and Chicago, Miami, San Antonio and two games with Atlanta await.

Detroit has its own issues to sort out, though. It has followed a 5-1 stretch with losses to Atlanta and Boston, and slow starts have hurt the Pistons. They trailed by 15 at the half against the Hawks, then committed 13 first-half turnovers while digging themselves an eight-point deficit late in the second quarter Saturday against the Celtics.

"Right now, our starters aren't giving us a thing, and our bench is having to try to save us," coach Stan Van Gundy told the team's official website. "We've had awful starts in the last three games, and (Saturday) we had an awful third quarter. They had yesterday off, but they played like they practiced for 6 1/2 hours."

A lack of ball movement has been a problem. The Pistons, already assisting on a league-low 48.2 percent of their field goals, have seen that drop to 45.2 in their past six games.

"When the ball doesn't move and there's no crispness and there's no energy, that's what ends up happening," Van Gundy said. "It's just all products of the same thing."

Both Van Gundy and Andre Drummond think Detroit's defense must improve. The Pistons are 10-4 when holding their opponent to 45 percent shooting or worse, but they're allowing 104.3 points per 100 possessions in their last six after that number was at 99.1 through 25 games.

"I feel like we've lost our identity a little bit," Drummond said. "Now that our shots are falling a little bit more, we've taken a step back defensively and it starts with me. I feel like I haven't been staying on the guys about different things defensively and I've got to be better, as well, being the anchor."

Being stingy hasn't been a problem against the Knicks. Detroit has won four of five in the series - the last three without Anthony - while holding New York to 89.2 regulation points per game.

(nba.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Thanx for the GAMETHREAD!

Im back from all the holiday travel .. Hope everyone are enjoying the final days of Holidays

We are playing the SVG new version of the Detroit Pistons 17-14
We are on a 4 game losing streak .. we need this win.
Jennings picked us for his first game this season .. another reason we need this win

Melo still cant lead a fast break 2-7 shooting in first quarter, Afflalo 0-3 (what can we get for both in a Trade)
KP is 2-2 both shots in the paint (Hint!)
O'Quinn gave us the lead shooting 4-4 (need to be our starter)

Kiyaman

Legend
Calderon dont know how to lead a fastbreak too .. the starters are losing the lead
All these stupid 3 ball shooting got us with a 1 point lead .. all our starters are good for are a 4 game losen streak

Kiyaman

Legend
We had good energy with the 2nd unit group, all they need is for Grant to find more confidence in his shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lopez did a great job on taking Drummond out of his game in the first half .. the only good move from the starter lineup

tiger0330

Legend
Welcome back Kiya. How many times have we seen this before, good games by Lopez, Quinn and even Calderon but the Knicks are only up by 1. Lets see if they can close this out.

tiger0330

Legend
I'd roll with this starting unit letting most of them get 30 minutes apiece this game, lets see if that gets them some separation in the score.

Kiyaman

Legend
Welcome back Kiya. How many times have we seen this before, good games by Lopez, Quinn and even Calderon but the Knicks are only up by 1. Lets see if they can close this out.

Wsup Tiger .. Melo taking 25 shots in those game did not help

I like KP shooting inside the paint .. all day in every game

Kiyaman

Legend
Grants shooting is a big YUGE disappointment to me. Needs to go to the D league...bring up Federette.

Grant's DEFENSE says NBA all day
Grant n Lance Defense has given us 10- 0 runs to many times to put him in the D.league
Grant shooting need more confidence, and his driving to the lane need his bigman help

Kiyaman

Legend
Fisher only played two bench players in the 3rd qtr. rotation .. Lance n Galloway
I wonder who starting the 4th qtr.????

DrB

Benchwarmer
It's the end of 3rd Quarter. Overall effort is good but we are back to ISO Melo on occasion. And Melo is not as good one on one as he used to be. He must shoot in the flow and when he does he's fine. Excellent game from 'Quinn, Calderon, and Rolo has put out a great effort. Ilyosova is killing us but it 79-72 with at the end of the third. KNICKSl please win this one for MAFRA, TIGER, KIAYMAN and especially RADY. These guys need a win. Great shot by Melo to end the 3rd Quarter. WILL PORZINGUS show up in the fourth Quarter.