Knicks 2015-16 Observations (Video)

drk3351

Rookie
Hey Knicks fans, I made a breakdown video taking a look at some of the things that have caught my eye while watching the Knicks this year. This includes some new variations the Knicks are running with their Triangle Offense. Thanks for watching at let me know what you think of the points made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pat

CoolClyde

is this Coach Daniel's account? great video, just wanted to make sure the proprietor of the video is actually the one posting it.

tiger0330

Legend
is this Coach Daniel's account? great video, just wanted to make sure the proprietor of the video is actually the one posting it.
CoolClyde back on KOL!!! Are you still moderating on KOL?

Also what happened to Crazy8's website? He hasn't been posting his videos here, did he give up on the Knicks, wouldn't blame him if he did.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a great observation vid-post on the Knicks triangle-offense in various top Knicks sites ...

Our transition defense stinks with certain players on the court
Our half-court defense stinks on the perimeter .. not gonna mention any names.

The Phil Jackson famous triangle-offense gave the best screen-picks so teammates moving without the ball were always open, making it easy for 3 to 5 players to touch the ball before the shot. Those great screen-picks from Big-men Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, Rodman, Shaq, Horry, Bynum, Gasol, always were the biggest benefactor for a winning triangle-offense which left teammates open for the shot or clear pass without a turnover. Plus in Phils triangle-offense only selected players took the 3 ball shot in design plays.

In the video we dont see many Knicks players moving without the ball on offense, we also dont see any defenders being stop or slow down by the Knicks screens or picks. What we do see is 2 or 3 players getting touches before the shot.

CoolClyde back on KOL!!! Are you still moderating on KOL?

Also what happened to Crazy8's website? He hasn't been posting his videos here, did he give up on the Knicks, wouldn't blame him if he did.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he took his talents to Facebook. In my opinion, he should make his impact here regularly as well. It is time for the loyal core of the Knicks on-line fanbase to re-unite and set political differences aside. Even if we disagree with each other at times, we need each other to thrive. I don't want to live in a world where the only on-line discussions about this team take place on ESPN or other major outlet websites. Those places are garbage for discussion.

tiger0330

Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, I think he took his talents to Facebook. In my opinion, he should make his impact here regularly as well. It is time for the loyal core of the Knicks on-line fanbase to re-unite and set political differences aside. Even if we disagree with each other at times, we need each other to thrive. I don't want to live in a world where the only on-line discussions about this team take place on ESPN or other major outlet websites. Those places are garbage for discussion.
Facebook? Interesting I guess it's cheaper than to run a dedicated BBS like Rady is doing. Anyone ever been up there and used Crazys Facebook page? Hard to see how it could be as useful as a dedicated sports BBS like KOL except for the fact that there are a like a billion people that have Facebook accounts. Which I guess is why Crazy did it because KOL is a great website but we need more members. I really hope Rady is seeing more hits on his home page, great source of Knicks news and info.

tiger0330

Legend
Love Coach Daniels videos. This is a fairly in depth look at the triangle with most if not all of the sets and ball screens that the Knicks are using.

I still don't like the system, its not showing up in the record, requires too much practice, coordination and has to adapt players into the system and not the other way around. It's somewhat a detriment because some players don't like the triangle thinking its not a system they can thrive in so they won't play for the Knicks. And why is no team other than the Knicks running it? It's OK if you pull a few concepts from it to get guys better shots but its time may be past as a full time system in the NBA.

I was wondering if Coach Daniels would comment about the merits of the triangle and whether my criticism is valid.

drk3351

Rookie
Love Coach Daniels videos. This is a fairly in depth look at the triangle with most if not all of the sets and ball screens that the Knicks are using.

I still don't like the system, its not showing up in the record, requires too much practice, coordination and has to adapt players into the system and not the other way around. It's somewhat a detriment because some players don't like the triangle thinking its not a system they can thrive in so they won't play for the Knicks. And why is no team other than the Knicks running it? It's OK if you pull a few concepts from it to get guys better shots but its time may be past as a full time system in the NBA.

I was wondering if Coach Daniels would comment about the merits of the triangle and whether my criticism is valid.
Your criticisms are valid. I agree it may better if they just pull certain actions out of it. But I don't agree on too much practice. Any offense needs discipline and repetition over and over in practice.