Game Thread: NYK@WAS 3/19/2016 7PM

tiger0330

Legend
It's on and I wasn't going to miss having a game thread since we've had one for every game this season.

The boys are winning 39-25 mid 2nd period. Win this and they make it 3-3 on this trip, as good a record as you could expect.

tiger0330

Legend
Pretty stupid what they're talking about of course KP should rep Latvia. I think what I heard is Latvia and a couple of other countries have to play an elimination to see who represents that area in the Olympics so he might not be playing in the Olympics if Latvia gets eliminated in the playoffs. He should play to see if Latvia is the rightful team that should be representing the area.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks take a 53-43 lead into the locker room. Calderon tweaked his ankle or foot stepping on Wall after taking a jump shot. He limped off but I think he'll be back.

It wouldn't be bad if JC is out for the remainder of the season to get Grant some time starting.

mafra

Legend
NYK had an 18 point lead until AA went to work... Missing 5 shots with 3 turnovers... A 31-10 third quarter run turned a 10-point NY halftime lead into a WAS 11 point lead.

mafra

Legend
Wide open bc no NYK even considers hustling or playing defense...

Affalo gets his shot blocked... NYK score 13 points in the 3rd. Grant hasn't played a second... Melo is 6-18... He started with 8,3,&3 in the 1st Q... All downhill since then.

tiger0330

Legend

Affalo gets his shot blocked... NYK score 13 points in the 3rd. Grant hasn't played a second... Melo is 6-18... He started with 8,3,&3 in the 1st Q... All downhill since then.
Thanks for joining Mafra, thought I was going to be the Lone Ranger tonight.

tiger0330

Legend

I was just thinking the difference between the Warrior D where they hustle like hell and double the shooter but still get back to contest the open mans shot if the shooter passes. That takes hustle, you never see the Knicks do what the Warriors do. It takes a lot of energy to do what the Warriors do on both ends, the Knicks just don't do that often enough.

mafra

Legend
I was just thinking the difference between the Warrior D where they hustle like hell and double the shooter but still get back to contest the open mans shot if the shooter passes. That takes hustle, you never see the Knicks do what the Warriors do. It takes a lot of energy to do what the Warriors do on both ends, the Knicks just don't do that often enough.

The only time Affalo tries is when he wants to post up somebody. I pray this loser opts out and takes the first train out of town.

mafra

Legend
First 3 guards for NYK (Sasha, Calderon, AA) combine for 4 assists and 5 turnovers...

Carmelo has 5 assists himself.

Galloway has 4:0 assists:turnover ratio.

It's amazing we have to watch those 3 vet losers play so many minutes. You would figure, by accident, they would give somebody the ball for an easy basket.

tiger0330

Legend
Turnovers and poor shooting in the second half was the story of the game. They were shooting over 50% in the 1st half and wound up shooting 39% to end the game, ironically they made 47% of their 3s 10-21.

tiger0330

Legend
28-42 now and 12 games left. Only question left for me is can they go 7-5 to reach my 35 win preseason prediction. I would say no, more likely to go 5-7 and finish at 33-49.

If Rambis decides to throw in the towel on this season and starts Grant he may lose the Knicks a few more games and they won't even reach 33 wins, not sure Rambis is willing to do that so you may see JC play out the string as the starting PG.

Sactown is tomorrow at MSG.