Dream Team in NY???

jimkcchief88

All Star
So Lebron wants to play with Melo, CP3, and Dwade???? NY would be the best place to make that happen. A chance to bring the first title home to NY in 40 years???? You would be revered forever!!! And the marketing potential with Nike/Lebron/Wade/CP3 all in the big Apple??? Cmon man it would be a literal dream come true for everyone. Our KNIcKs would be on TV every night. No more league pass for us out of market fans. And to go up against Curry and Co???? OMG!!!! Let me set the lineup: PG-CP3, SG-Dwade, SF-Lebron, PF-Melo, Center-KP6/Rolo...OMG bring on the titles. I know BRon can opt after this season. Not sure about CP3 and Wade but Bron already said he would take a pay cut to make it happen. I'm sure he rest would too because Nike would pickup the slack. Discuss and dream Orange and Blue believers:)

tiger0330

Legend
Lebron better be focused on winning one for the Land instead of fantasizing on this pipedream.

Only one guy could pull this off and thats Riley in Miami, no state tax in FL would be an incentive to play there with them having to take pay cuts to play together.

mafra

Legend
They all have homes in LA... More likely scenario is Lebron and Wade opt out and head to LAC and then NYK trade Melo for Blake... especially if GSW wins another title and then sign Durant.

tiger0330

Legend
They all have homes in LA... More likely scenario is Lebron and Wade opt out and head to LAC and then NYK trade Melo for Blake... especially if GSW wins another title and then sign Durant.
Melo for Blake, I'm all in for that. It would be too bad for the people of Cleveland and a public relations nightmare after Lebron penned that letter in SI if he bolted Cleveland again. But if it means getting Blake for Melo Knicks fans should be all for the Band of Brothers joining up in LA.

mafra

Legend
Melo for Blake, I'm all in for that. It would be too bad for the people of Cleveland and a public relations nightmare after Lebron penned that letter in SI if he bolted Cleveland again. But if it means getting Blake for Melo Knicks fans should be all for the Band of Brothers joining up in LA.

Or... Irving for Paul and Love to BOS / Melo to CLE trades. Then Wade and Lebron opt out, all end up in CLE.

knicksin60

Starter
I say keep the Lebron bandwagon in Cleveland since we don't need to see a massive conversion of false Knicks fans. We were starting to see them creep up during the Jeremy Lin saga.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's kinda of funny I'm not the big Bron fan but I would be if he came to play in NY. I guess our fan base has been abused and beaten down for so long that we are used to getting the short end of the stick. Kinda sad actually that KNIcKs fans wouldn't welcome the "best player in the world." Lebron could opt out and come play for us next year if he wanted to. :(

tiger0330

Legend
It's kinda of funny I'm not the big Bron fan but I would be if he came to play in NY. I guess our fan base has been abused and beaten down for so long that we are used to getting the short end of the stick. Kinda sad actually that KNIcKs fans wouldn't welcome the "best player in the world." Lebron could opt out and come play for us next year if he wanted to. :(
I think deep down Lebron hates NYC. The its a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there applies to NBA stars just like ordinary folks.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Idk. I haven't read anywhere that Lebron hates NYC. I mean dude is has spent most of his life in Cleveland. Yep, King of Cleveland. King of New York has a little better ring to me. And most NBA stars still recognize the Garden is still special even tho it hasn't been for years. I guess my bottomline is why not NYC??? I could see Bron opting out if he he loses to Curry and Co. again this year. He loves Cleveland, but isn't in Love:) with his team there. Everyone knows he is in a power struggle with Kyrie. Get to work Phil. Earn that 12 million.

Why can't we as a fanbase just accept Lebron James will never be a Knick? Of the 3 players besides Melo listed, the only one with even the slightest one in a million chance of ever being a Knick is Chris Paul and even that is beyond unlikely. Most likely scenario? Each of those 4 guys finish out their careers on their current respective teams.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I wouldn't stop being a Knicks fan, but the idea of this happening with the Knicks is such a turnoff. I don't dislike LeBron and Paul personally, but something about them, I dunno, especially LeBron. Them joining forces anywhere at this point in their careers would be worse than Miami's big three. Bosh wasn't a superstar, all-star, not superstar, and their team wasn't that deep. They had their struggles, and it was three, not four. These four joining together might struggle too, but something about these four joining is so heelish and in a way ridiculous. If they joined together, it would be interesting, and also, they ARE friends, so it's a actually a nice story in that sense, but still, come on. I wouldn't root for that team.

If this was to happen, I think it could only happen in Miami. Wade is the only one who never left a team, and, even though I don't know him personally, he seems like he wouldn't leave Miami and he'd feel very confident who'd determine where this team would end up.

I'm actually more interested in the story if him leaving Cleveland again and joining Miami who has maybe a better team overall for him now because of Dragic, Winslow, Whiteside and whoever else they have. Wade is playing very well still, looks young when playing, and has been healthy for the most part. It'd be nice if he stayed in Cleveland, but LeBron has his own life and shouldn't be somewhere that makes him not happy.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm still holding out hope the Bron loses again in the finals this year, opts out, and comes to NY. Pipe dream I know but I'm allowed to dream. A quarter of a century suffering with this franchise gives me the right to dream

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
So Lebron wants to play with Melo, CP3, and Dwade???? NY would be the best place to make that happen. A chance to bring the first title home to NY in 40 years???? You would be revered forever!!! And the marketing potential with Nike/Lebron/Wade/CP3 all in the big Apple??? Cmon man it would be a literal dream come true for everyone. Our KNIcKs would be on TV every night. No more league pass for us out of market fans. And to go up against Curry and Co???? OMG!!!! Let me set the lineup: PG-CP3, SG-Dwade, SF-Lebron, PF-Melo, Center-KP6/Rolo...OMG bring on the titles. I know BRon can opt after this season. Not sure about CP3 and Wade but Bron already said he would take a pay cut to make it happen. I'm sure he rest would too because Nike would pickup the slack. Discuss and dream Orange and Blue believers:)

This is a punk ass generation of ballers. All the talk about how much better this generation is, how much more athletic they are but the best they can do is conspire to bring 5 all-stars together. I try not to pay much attention to these types of comments. They discuss me.