ian_mahinmi.png
robin_lopez.png

monta_ellis.png
sasha_vujacic.png

george_hill.png
jerian_grant.png

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportJose Calderon - Bruised Right Quadriceps (DOUB)
-Kristaps Porzingis - Sore Right Shoulder (DOUB)
-Lance Thomas - Mild Strained Left MCL (OUT)
-Tony Wroten - Right Knee Rehabilitation (OUT)

Game Preview

What appeared to be a fairly simple road trip against two terrible teams has proved to be anything but for the Indiana Pacers.

They needed a late run to scrape past the league's worst team and now look to defeat the New York Knicks for the sixth straight meeting Sunday night.

Indiana (40-36) needed a 19-4 run in the final 4:38 to rally for Saturday's 115-102 victory at Philadelphia. C.J. Miles scored 25 points, including a go-ahead 3-pointer with 3:39 left.

"We're satisfied with winning," said forward Paul George, who had 20 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. "We're not satisfied with how we won."

The Pacers hold the Eastern Conference's eighth and final playoff spot with a two-game lead over Chicago, which lost Saturday at home to Detroit. Indiana trails the seventh-place Pistons by one-half game.

Miles turned in his biggest effort since scoring 27 versus Brooklyn on Feb. 3. He made 9 of 14 shots, including five 3-pointers.

"Just playing within myself, doing what I do," Miles said. "If I'm open, catch and shoot. If I'm not, try to read the closeout (by a defender) or get off of it, move as much as I can, run with these guys, because they push the ball and I know I can get shots in transition."

George's two 3-pointers gave him a career-best 200. He and notorious Knicks nemesis Reggie Miller are the only Pacers ever to record that many in a single season.

Even with the poor effort Saturday and despite a 5-10 mark in the second half of back-to-back games, the Pacers have to like their chances of sweeping this trip.

Indiana's five-game win streak over New York (31-46) includes a 108-105 victory Feb. 24, and two Knicks starters from that game may not see action.

Veteran point guard Jose Calderon sat out one game with a right quad contusion while rookie sensation Kristaps Porzingis has missed two straight with a strained right shoulder. The Knicks may shut down both for the rest of the season, particularly Porzingis since he's one of the franchise's cornerstones.

Rookie Jerian Grant took over for Calderon on Friday in his first start and had 14 points in a 105-91 victory over the Nets that snapped a three-game slide. Langston Galloway led New York with 18, scoring 14 in the fourth quarter.

"It was fun to get the win, to start, to be a part of it, it was fun," Grant said.

The Knicks are reducing the minutes of their veterans down the stretch. Carmelo Anthony scored 13 in 25 minutes and no one played more than Robin Lopez's 29.

"I thought guys played very well, especially coming down the stretch, kind of just taking advantage of the minutes that were given to them," Anthony said.

Anthony is second in the NBA with 495 isolations. George entered Saturday with 315 as one of seven other players with at least 300.

Galloway, who averages 7.6 points, has totaled 36 in his last two games versus the Pacers.

(nba.com)

Thanks for another great game thread, Rady.

Knicks playing without Melo, Porzingis, Lance Thomas, Calderon, etc.

Could be a fun game to watch for us, since we have nothing at stake. If I was a Pacers fan and they lose tonight, I would be pretty pissed off.

We lead by 5 after the 1st quarter. Robin Lopez somehow already with 6 boards and 3 blocks. Derrick Williams, Jerian Grant, and Vujacic combine for 20 points. Are the playoff hopeful Pacers really going to let this happen to them?

mafra

Legend
Early is 0-4, I believe. Grant OK but still making silly, rookie mistakes (which he shouldn't be making 75 games into his rookie season).

Without Melo and KP... At least it's under 20-point deficit.

tiger0330

Legend
Terrible shooting 32%. They were talking up Miles Turner at the half who is having the better rookie season Turner or KP?

Kiyaman

Legend
Thas bad .. Quinn n Early only receive 7 minute in first half
I wanted Rolo Quinn n Serafin to make the Pacers sweat hard trying to hold the 8th seed

Rambis is not a big-man's coach

tiger0330

Legend
Cle air balls a 12 footer and then gets blocked at the rim and misses a jump shot. He is definitely on the bubble.

Terrible shooting 32%. They were talking up Miles Turner at the half who is having the better rookie season Turner or KP?

Turner has been more efficient than Porzingis while Porzingis had been playing more minutes and as a result, has better overall stats. They are very different types of players. Unless Turner becomes an every game starter, it will be hard to ever compare the two of them.

Pacers woke up and this game is kind of a snooze fest. Still nice to see the young guys get minutes, although you almost have to develop a blind spot to ignore Afflalo at this point.

Kiyaman

Legend
Watsup with the Small-Ball in the 3rd quarter too .. didn't we lose 46 games playing small-ball in the 2nd half of a game

If you're the Pacers, you have to be wondering why the Knicks can't do you a solid and start to restrict Lopez's minutes. Lopez allowing the Knicks to stick around, down 9 with less than 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.

None of the young guys really playing well tonight. Derrick Williams and Vujacic doing a good chunk of the scoring along with Lopez. Afflalo is 1 for 7. Please opt out.

Lucky bounce leads to a buzzer beater shot for Lawson to end the quarter. We are down 9 going into the 4th, but we already knew we were bad. It's the Pacers, who are fighting for a playoff spot, that should be questioning how come they are struggling to put away a bad team missing 4 rotation players, including their sole All-Star.

Kiyaman

Legend
u know im applaudin the O'Quinn n Serafin tandem in the Post
Pacer lead suppose to be down to 1 .. 3 minutes of no scoring from both teams