Knicks Sign Brandon Jennings

tiger0330

Legend
His value has dropped but I doubt to vet min level, so they must have dropped the cap hold on DWill at the min to fit him under the cap. I doubt PJ gave him more than 6m/yr, the guy was doing workouts like a rook for teams trying to prove his value. I like the deal, better than any name I thought the Knicks could get and he could become the starting PG if DRose bombs next year.

We are buying low on Jennings hopefully. Much like a lot of our team now, 2 or 3 seasons ago he seemed to be a pretty good player. He's only 26 and if we got him cheap, he should be a backup to Rose with some upside.

Broadway

All Star
Just read Jennings is signing for 1 year at 5 million. That seems real cheap in this market.

It is he's just not what he used to be...He works out for Brooklyn and yet they give Tyler Johnson $50mil still YIKES!!!!!

Sergio Rodriguez got $8mil from Philly...lol Brandon what happened SON?

tiger0330

Legend
Just read Jennings is signing for 1 year at 5 million. That seems real cheap in this market.
Risk/Reward is terrific and now we have 2 guards on short deals we can evaluate for longer contracts the year after. Glad we didn't have to trade Quinn to get this done.

Broadway

All Star
One thing I will say about him he always wanted to play here and has had some good games at MSG, reality is reality though

tiger0330

Legend
Off topic, this surprises me Luc Mbah a Moute signs a 2yr/4.5M contract with the Clips. There are some bargains out there despite the massive spending going on, going to be important for the Knicks to find some of them.

Rady, Is it possible to put up an icon for this tweet function in the basic menu bar? thx

Interesting. So if we can convince Lance Thomas to stay with us and resign him and Galloway, then barring a trade our 2nd unit hypothetically would be O'Quinn, Lance Thomas, Holliday, Galloway, and Brandon Jennings. That's not...great, even when considering that very rarely would all 5 starters be off the court. Obviously, more roster moves to come, but not sure if Jennings was the biggest 'splash' left for us. In fact, we'll be lucky to keep Lance Thomas it seems.

tiger0330

Legend
According to Begs we have done this with Galloway for sure

Contradicts what Marks tweeted so either Jennings deal is for more than 5M or this is a move to get more cap space for Willie when he comes over from Spain, we still have the room MLE which we could have used to give him a 2.9M deal, maybe there's another deal in the wind or Marks cap numbers were off a couple of million.

Going to miss Mr. Big Shot not only for dagger 3s but his gritty D.

tiger0330

Legend
Still odd to me to give up on Gallo before you even have a deal with Willie. Why didn't they wait until they had a deal signed and then renounce Gallo.

mafra

Legend
Well, at least we got a young guy with potential... Probably better than LG... Fills a role and can start if Rose is out.

Broadway

All Star
Still odd to me to give up on Gallo before you even have a deal with Willie. Why didn't they wait until they had a deal signed and then renounce Gallo.

Probably have an arrangement with Willy, this had to be done to get the room for him. Probably wanna give him a similar deal as the Nuggets have with Jokic.

tiger0330

Legend
Getting BJ was the reason they renounced Gallo. Probably felt he was redundant to BJ and could use his cap space for another wing or big, the room MLE is limited to 2 yr deals and using Gallo's cap hold we could offer his cap hold of 2.7M in a 3 yr deal for Willie. We would still have the room MLE for another FA. Timing was an issue also, had to be done today.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ramon Sessions would've been my first choice, Jennings isn't bad, especially for the money.

A good day for Phil and Co.

tiger0330

Legend
Ramon Sessions would've been my first choice, Jennings isn't bad, especially for the money.

A good day for Phil and Co.
Phil and his team have been playing the cap like maestro's. Latest is dropping the QO to Gallo but keeping the cap hold enabling them to pay him up to 6.1M using the early bird. I'd like to see Gallo back, so let's hope no one values him at more than 6M.