Detective investigating D Rose case found dead

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't followed Rose's story until this week, and it seemed like the accuser didn't had much of a case, however things just got freakier.

A Los Angeles Police Department detective who was investigating rape allegations against NBA star Derrick Rose died after being found with a gunshot wound in a Whittier home Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.

Whittier police received a call at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday reporting an attempted suicide in the 8400 block of Via Sierra Ramal, Whittier Lt. Steve Dean said.

Hernandez was taken to PIH Health Hospital in Whittier, where she died at 3:27 p.m., according to Dean and the coroner?s department.

It was unclear whether the death was a suicide or a homicide, Dean said.
(...)
News of the LAPD?s investigation of Rose came to light last month as an attorney representing the woman in a civil case against Rose and other men made a last-ditch appeal to a judge to conceal her identity.

The woman?s attorney, Brandon Anand, filed a request, in light of the LAPD?s investigation, asking U.S. District Judge Michael Fitzgerald to reconsider a decision to have the woman identified during trial.

Anand included in his request a letter from Hernandez, whom he identified as the officer investigating the case. In it, Hernandez wrote that being able to offer anonymity to people who come forward to accuse others of rape is ?an invaluable investigative aid to investigators.? She added that the LAPD would continue to guard the woman?s identity throughout its investigation.

The plaintiff and her attorney were visibly surprised in court Wednesday when told of Hernandez?s death.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-employee-dead-whittier-20161012-snap-story.html

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah I read that story and posted it in that DRose is a little b**ch thread. Gunshot wound was the cause of death, weird timing. I was reading in another forum this guy was saying that after reading all the discovery and depositions that a reasonable person could only conclude DRose was guilty of rape. Guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm with you Rady, the accuser has a weak case, sues him in civil case a couple of years after the incident, reports it as a crime even later. DRose saying they had sex at his house first, she hides a couple of texts that indicate she was ready for some action buying some sex toys and bringing over a friend for later that night. Rules are different in a civil case much easier to convict Rose but I'd say Rose has enough to get out of there with a not guilty verdict.

mafra

Legend
Rose won't return to Knicks until this trial is over. Also, we must keep in mind, this is a civil trial... not a criminal trial. Burden of proof is less... but there's no jail sentencing in these trials.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
Rose won't return to Knicks until this trial is over. Also, we must keep in mind, this is a civil trial... not a criminal trial. Burden of proof is less... but there's no jail sentencing in these trials.
The plaintiff doesn't have much of a case, plus she destroyed self-incriminating evidence. Most likely he gets off but If he's found guilty I doubt the monetary damages will be very high and if even if they are who cares for the Knicks, it just means that he'll be broke and desperate to play for a big contract

tiger0330

Legend
The plaintiff doesn't have much of a case, plus she destroyed self-incriminating evidence. Most likely he gets off but If he's found guilty I doubt the monetary damages will be very high and if even if they are who cares for the Knicks, it just means that he'll be broke and desperate to play for a big contract
His last deal with Adidas was for 100M. He ain't broke, guy has always been about the money. I expect him to have an outstanding season trying for a 100M contract this offseason.

Hopefully it gets wrapped up so he can play in both of those preseason games next week.

tiger0330

Legend
His last deal with Adidas was for 100M. He ain't broke, guy has always been about the money. I expect him to have an outstanding season trying for a 100M contract this offseason.

Hopefully it gets wrapped up so he can play in both of those preseason games next week.
Quote from the Daily News. I would say it's likely he loses that deal, Adidas would love for any excuse to get out of his deal since he's hardly the player that he was when he inked that deal.

Rose’s image has been damaged during the trial and the case could cost him a lucrative endorsement deal as well. Fox Business News reported that the case threatens the $185 million, 13-year deal Rose signed with Adidas in 2011. The deal likely includes a “morals clause” to protect the brand. Even if the jury rules in Rose’s favor he could still lose his deal.

tiger0330

Legend

And he stopped to pose for pictures with all the smiling jurors after being acquitted

Now play ball!! :)
Yeah, play ball. Jennings gets the offense off real fast but his shooting sucks so far. Looking for DRose to do what Jennings does in setting the pace but give you more than BJ offensively.

mafra

Legend
Great news! I mean, if this woman couldn't win a civil case than it shows her claims were more of a $ grab than has validity that something criminal took place.

This makes it a lot easier to root for Rose this season.