Jeff Hornacek

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Waiting for Jeff to make his in game rotations based upon which ever unit is playing the best, not just who's turn is it to come into the game.
He has to start putting his team in the best position to win games now.

The 20th game is on Sunday, he shouldd know what he's working with now and what everyone can do.

The auditions are over.

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't think I would hear him say it but Horn opened up the possibility of Noah coming off the bench when Noah is healthy again. Horn is a player's coach but starting Noah is ridiculous.

pat

Starter
As with any coaching discussion, I would always give the coach the benefit of the doubt. We do not know what is going on in practice, on the plane. He knows what he is doing.

Kiyaman

Legend
This season Jeff Horn is still a question mark of being a winning regular season coach.
Our best winning playoff experience player on the roster are Joakim Noah ..

and1

Rotation player
i think noah still needs some time to get his body/health right. we've got him for 4 years. we seem to be doing okay enough without him in the lineup FOR NOW. it's true that he will be of great help if and when we get into the playoffs. i say we should go ahead and see how far we can get without him while he gets himself right. there's no point in rushing him back out there only to risk losing him for even more time. obviously this can all change drastically over the course of the next bunch of games, but we'll see how things shake out.
the real question to me is what do we do if the Q ends up having some really decent success at the starting center position in the meantime. If and when we get to the playoffs would we demote Q to the 2nd unit? Would we bring noah off the bench? and in place of who? hernangomez?
this looks like it's going to be a week by week development of questions and answers. the team itself will have to answer these questions on the court with their play and their success/failure. right now we're 7-3 in our last 10 games. we're on a nice little run, although the losses we experienced were a little disturbing. so far they're 2-0 to start the 10 game stretch that i was hopeful they'd end 7-3. let's see if they make it 3-0 tonight vs. the kings.
i think coach horny knows what he's doing. we have to remember this: 2/3 of the roster this year are new team mates. we can't lose sight of that because that is a very real thing. by all star break the chemistry should have fully developed, or at least damn close to it. a lot of questions will probably be answered by then and horny will have a much better feel for what he's working with. hopefully by then we'll be in the playoff discussion on the inside, not on the outside trying to squeak our way in.

dk7th

Benchwarmer
his best attributes even without optimal health and conditioning are passing/playmaking and following up rose's bricks in the lane. it's an irony/contradiction that noah complements rose's worst basketball habits, ie not being a willing passer, ball-hogging, and putting up **** shots.

the solution is to bench either rose or noah and i guess it's sort of noah, who i never thought should be playing more than 20-24 minutes a game anyway.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn has a nice problem with WHG, Q, Noah, KP and MP. TWolves would kill for the kind of depth we have in our front line, hell you can even toss Melos name in at the 4.

I really like Plumlees physicality and hustle, guy does everything at 110% including running out to set picks, or sprinting down the floor in a break. I want to see him in when we play OKC again, Adams and Kanter worked us over and MP would be a good matchup for them.

and1

Rotation player
Horn has a nice problem with WHG, Q, Noah, KP and MP. TWolves would kill for the kind of depth we have in our front line, hell you can even toss Melos name in at the 4.

I really like Plumlees physicality and hustle, guy does everything at 110% including running out to set picks, or sprinting down the floor in a break. I want to see him in when we play OKC again, Adams and Kanter worked us over and MP would be a good matchup for them.

yeah i'd like to see that too. if i remember correctly, i think he was in street clothes for some reason for that game.

and1

Rotation player
attachment.php

looks like the knicks are trending up?

Attachments

• knicksWinning.jpg
    knicksWinning.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 14

Playa2

Benchwarmer
The question becomes , does Phil Jackson have Jeff's back as head coach.

Nothing like the President of the team NOT having your back during the season. When they don't have your back then you have to worry about what the players think and the President of the team.