201149.png
202389.png

201584.png
1627742.png

201565.png
203903.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksLos Angeles Lakers
Derrick Rose - Sore lower back (PROB)Tarik Black - Sprained right ankle (OUT)
-Jos? Calder?n - Right hamstring strain (OUT)
-Julius Randle - Right hip pointer (OUT)
-D?Angelo Russell - Sore left knee (QUEST)
-Nick Young - Strained calf, right leg (DOUB)

Game Preview

The New York Knicks (13-10) are off to their best start since a 54-win campaign in 2012-13 -- the last season they made the playoffs. Coach Jeff Hornaceks team will look to continue that momentum on Sunday when they take on the Lakers in Los Angeles in the second game of a five-game road trip.

The Knicks knocked off the Sacramento Kings 103-100 on Friday when forward Carmelo Anthony scored 33 points, including two key free throws with 14.8 seconds left. Anthony topped 30 points for the fifth time this season and became the 29th player to reach 23,000 points. With 23,022, hes 127 shy of Hall of Fame forward Elgin Baylor on the career list.

Its been a tough week for Anthony off the court. Knicks President Phil Jackson criticized Anthony for holding onto the ball too long after New Yorks 126-94 loss to Cleveland at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday.

Anthony wisely took the high road in responding.

"At the end of the day, were playing good basketball," Anthony said. "Thats the only thing that matters at this point. So, any negativity thats coming towards me or towards the team, I dont think we need it at this point."

In 34 games against the Lakers, Anthony is averaging 24 points and six rebounds. The Lakers are 24-15 against the Knicks over the past 20 seasons.

New York hopes to have point guard Derrick Rose back. Hes been out the past two games with back spasms, but is traveling with the team.

The Lakers dropped a 119-115 decision to the Phoenix Suns at home on Friday. Lou Williams led the Lakers (10-15) with 35 points off the bench as Los Angeles dropped its fifth straight contest. Julius Randle added 14 points and nine rebounds, while Jordan Clarkson also scored 14. Marcelo Huertas chipped in 12 points for the Lakers.

"Just playing hard and trying to lead by example," said Williams, who made 10 of 19 shots and 6 of 12 3-pointers in the loss. "Just play as hard as I can and see whatever comes out of it. Usually, you score a lot of points and probably get some wins out of it. We have not gotten any wins out it, so there is not a lot to take from it."

Los Angeles is missing its starting backcourt of second-year point guard DAngelo Russell (knee) and veteran shooting guard Nick Young (calf). The Lakers were also without backup guard and ex-Knick Jose Calderon (right hamstring strain) and center-forward Tarik Black (sprained right ankle) in the loss to the Suns.

The Lakers have the top scoring bench in the NBA, averaging 54 points per game. The reserves contributed 62 points in the setback to the Suns.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Quinn is out with an ankle injury but DRose will play. I didn't see Randle on the injury report but if he's out that's huge for the Knicks chances with Russell also not playing.

tiger0330

Legend
Russell is playing as well as Swaggy P for the Lakers. Game was tight for most of the 1st half but the Knicks have opened up a 7 pt lead with 2 mins left on DRose 8-8 shooting and KP 13 pts.

knicksin60

Starter
I don't mean to be negative but games like this make me frustrated. Here is an undermanned Lakers team that the Knicks should be destroying only trailing by 1 point in the half.So much talent on this Knicks team yet they cannot play a lick of defense or show a killer instinct.

and1

Rotation player
this was a fun, fun game. bran.don.jen.nings. downright refused to let this game get away. dRose setting the tone early. KP with all kind of ridiculous stuff going on. melo passing out of double teams to rack up i think 5 assists by the half. cLee with some 3s. lots of good activity from the other guys. and what a difference it makes when we actually get foul calls in our favor. 31 attempts at the FT stripe for the night, thank you very much brandon ingram. 6-1 for the 10 game stretch i was hoping would end at 7-3. lookin' good!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
KP can do it all and he is a freak of nature.. Im thinking about nicknaming him THE FREAK!!! :thumbsup:

tiger0330

Legend
After that Thunder game Melo we've seen a change in Melo playing less hero ball, past seasons he would shoot in the teeth of double teams, today he found and passed to an open man.

WHG was also a beast on the boards, getting 12 by the time he played 14 mins.

If Noah could get his **** together we would be even better, if he doesn't we've got an untradeable contract for 4 years.

tiger0330

Legend
KP can do it all and he is a freak of nature.. Im thinking about nicknaming him THE FREAK!!! :thumbsup:
Games like this 7 blocks/12 boards make me think he should play the 5 but while we got Noah its not going to happen with both of them on the floor at the same time.

Makes me cringe when I see a 7'3" guy like him run out to the arc instead of to the basket like hr does.

and1

Rotation player
After that Thunder game Melo we've seen a change in Melo playing less hero ball, past seasons he would shoot in the teeth of double teams, today he found and passed to an open man.

WHG was also a beast on the boards, getting 12 by the time he played 14 mins.

If Noah could get his **** together we would be even better, if he doesn't we've got an untradeable contract for 4 years.

i thought noah looked pretty good tonight. he was a little more aggressive with his offense. he was running hard. if they keep his minutes down and don't play him both nights of the back to backs i think there's a really good chance he'll be right by next season, maybe even as soon as after all star break.

tiger0330

Legend
Moo
i thought noah looked pretty good tonight. he was a little more aggressive with his offense. he was running hard. if they keep his minutes down and don't play him both nights of the back to backs i think there's a really good chance he'll be right by next season, maybe even as soon as after all star break.
If he isn't playing at a high level by the ASG I doubt it's going to happen next season. He's fundamentally flawed offensively, terrible shooting mechanics, I'm surprised his lifetime FT % is as high as it is and the same applies to his jumper. He's got to make his mark with his D and rebounding and so far he hasn't. I don't believe it's his injuries, maybe just a case of a guy whose physical abilities have deteriorated as he's gotten older.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
He is so fun to watch!! Yes he is still learning but he is going to keep getting better and better.

That is a great thing for us and a scary thing for the oposition.

Been watching games exclusively on DVR the next day due to work and home schedule changes. Loved what I have seen from this team lately. How quickly things seem to change. A couple weeks ago, the Lakers looked they were the franchise to reverse their fortunes, now it very much looks like we are the team to have done so, at least for the moment. Can't believe we now have a better record than the Celtics. Let's go Knicks!